+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

His son's like "but I still don't have a PS5"

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Just listed my 8 year old Nissan LEAF for sale for $3600 less than what I paid for it new (after tax credit). Appears to be competitively priced, we'll see if I get some bites.

BG Level

Man, the Audi Q4 e-trons are finally hitting dealer lots here in SoCal just days before the tax credit gets nuked on them.

BG Level

Official list of tax credit qualifying vehicles: https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/inflation-reduction-act

Basically just the Rivian, Lucid Air, Nissan LEAF, Mustang Mach-e and a handful of PHEVs.

The VW iD4 should be on here (for the Tennessee manufactured ones) too.

BG Level

Sold my LEAF yesterday, just hit 1k miles on the Volvo. Let's check in on the fuel economy of this 6400 lb 7 seater luxury SUV:

Still have over half the tank that it came with left lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this but holy shit i need to vent... the new/used car market right now is SHIT SHIT SHIT.

About a month ago my wife's car (2012 nissan rogue) had its transmission essentially die, now it's currently good to drive about 20miles max before it's unusable... transmission fluid gets filled with metal shavings and clogs filter after a couple hours of driving. So we're in need of a new car and are limping along with just my 2014 Crosstrek.

Been looking at RAV4's, CRV's and Tucsons. We wanted to lean toward Honda or Toyota for longevity and reliability reasons... but the lead time to get a new one will be 2-6 months, or get a lightly used one from the last 3 years models and spend approx 3k over the new vehicle MSRP... fuck. Haven't been able to test drive the Hyundai yet, but have a couple that might be available that are a couple hours away... if they don't get sniped out from under us.

A little gunshy with the hyundai, even though i like a lot of what I am seeing with it (without have actually driven the thing)... i want a car that's going to live past 10 years.

/rantoff

anyone have opinions on honda v. toyota v. hyundai for the compact suv market?

THanks!

BG Level

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Pretty sure Hyundai has a 10yr 100k mile power train warranty.

I haven't had a Hyundai SUV, but I've had 2 Elantras. Both were great cars. One was full loaded, panoramic sunroof, heated and cooled everything. Was one of my favorite vehicles. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Hyundai. I looked at the Palisades before and really liked it, but ultimately got a 4runner.

My wife has a CR-V. We test drove a CR-V and a RAV4. We liked the CR-V better. Better options for a slightly better price.

Before my 4runner, I owned at highlander. Great truck. Traded it off when it hit 150k miles.

As someone who has owned all 3 of those brands, I wouldn't hesitate buying another from any of them. I don't think you really need to be concerned with longevity or reliability with the Hyundai. Maybe 10-15 years ago, but not anymore.

If you can find a place to drive all 3, I would drive them and pick whichever you like the best that falls in your budget. Ultimately, my wife took the CR-V over the RAV4 because of the way she sat in the seat. She said the RAV4 just felt weird to her. Tastes differ, check out all 3, take whichever works best.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My 1980 caprice classic lost second gear as a pile of metal shavings and we drove it for another 10 years.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Had to do some reading on my own

Most people say it gets 15 miles on pure battery. Volvo says 13 official. 350 on full tank and battery. Still amazing if you have a short commute or just drive it around town. I would still like to see the mileage increase before I pull the trigger on one of these.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Had to do some reading on my own

Most people say it gets 15 miles on pure battery. Volvo says 13 official. 350 on full tank and battery. Still amazing if you have a short commute or just drive it around town. I would still like to see the mileage increase before I pull the trigger on one of these.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
    That's for the early 2022s or earlier. The 2022.5 and 2023 models have a 32 mile electric range, so it covers most of our daily driving.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Anyone here have a ford maverick hybrid or a friend, coworker etc that does? Was wondering what your/their real world overall thoughts were. Online Reviews are mostly impressions or just a few 100 miles

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Rivian has been essentially a driving centerpiece. No exaggeration, approximately 7 out of 10 times I’m in the car with my husband we have someone stop us an ask questions about it. Think hubby starting to get worn out by it lol. Sometimes it’s like we’re trying to leave a parking lot and get flagged. About 5 times now we’ve conversed with the car next to us waiting at a red light. Funniest thing was we used it in a parade for the Girl Scouts and people would shout at me in the bed asking questions. Lol

Finally getting to take it camping with our pop up camper this weekend. I’ll let you know how the mileage ends up.

BG Level

Because I'm a sicko for tax credits and incentives, I'm considering selling my wife's 2017 VW Sportwagen for ~21k and buying a new EV to replace it with. Between the federal $7500 rebate for certain EVs and the California state $7500 incentive for EVs if you are under 400% of the federal poverty line for a household (which we will be since my wife and I are taking off work while her cancer treatments are ongoing) I'm looking at what is out there for options under 50k MSRP to upgrade our 2nd car with.

Here's what I've come up with:

Preferences at the moment would probably be the VW ID4, Chevy Equinox, or Tesla Model 3 - all 3 of which would be less than 5k more than what we'd sell the Sportwagen for after stacking the 15k in federal and state incentives. Not bad. Of course this is assuming wife and I are both able to resume working in August or September to make up some of the ground we've lost since March.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Because I'm a sicko for tax credits and incentives, I'm considering selling my wife's 2017 VW Sportwagen for ~21k and buying a new EV to replace it with. Between the federal $7500 rebate for certain EVs and the California state $7500 incentive for EVs if you are under 400% of the federal poverty line for a household (which we will be since my wife and I are taking off work while her cancer treatments are ongoing) I'm looking at what is out there for options under 50k MSRP to upgrade our 2nd car with.

Here's what I've come up with:

Preferences at the moment would probably be the VW ID4, Chevy Equinox, or Tesla Model 3 - all 3 of which would be less than 5k more than what we'd sell the Sportwagen for after stacking the 15k in federal and state incentives. Not bad. Of course this is assuming wife and I are both able to resume working in August or September to make up some of the ground we've lost since March.
    Not bad for an upgrade on a 6 year old car.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

BG: What do you drive? (PICS)

Some advice. I would stay away from Equinox. My Mom has one and I know another person that has one and they both have had a ton of problems.

Edit: Also wasn't Chevy suppose to stop making Bolts?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Volvo ex30 preorders just went live. I'd take that over a Tesla 3 or y. You'll wait a year though.

BG Level

Really interesting IIHS data on deaths from crashes per vehicle - both the driver dying, and killing other drivers in accidents.

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/lat...of-muscle-cars

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Really interesting IIHS data on deaths from crashes per vehicle - both the driver dying, and killing other drivers in accidents.

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/lat...of-muscle-cars
    Mitsu out there to kill you for buying the cheapest and shittiest possible car ever, on top of that car being dangerously slow.

Altimas have seriously become the new Civic with the amount of idiots who drive those cars. Altima drivers are profiled and somehow people who buy them automatically seem to lose half a brain.

BG Level

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag