BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BST + New Pets Much Stronger!!

So got to test out new pets at the end of a lvl 76 party vs birds at MisCoast( hit 80 on MNK so switched for last 20 minutes ). All I can say is WOW I first went with sheep jug pet, average damage per hit was 125 dmg( 230 on crits ), 85% acc, 13% crit hit rate this pet has Double attack, and about 250 delay, ws on average did 375 dmg. Other than Monster gloves and capped Beast Affinity I don't have any gear that enchances Pets.

Now I need to do some more testing is needed, I am going to have to join party's with BST and see what sorta results I get in damage.

In an old lesser colibri party Lifedrinker Lars at 75 had this 55% acc, 85 Damage per hit, 6% crit rate didn't have double attack and had 230ish delay. WS doing about 150 damage.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Parse it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Was that Coureal (sp), CraftyClyvonne, a new pet? Several BSTs in my ls have been using it, hitting Cyhiraeths (skull things) for 100-130's on average with the occasional 90's at level 76

Edit: They seem to double attack too

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah the Coeurl is a new pet which is nice, but Sheep has Rage( Berserk ), and Lamb Chop, where Coeurl doesn't have any damage tp moves.

I did run a parse but it was so short and isn't real easy to read since I started with MNK. So next party when I am on BST the whole time I will be parsing again.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I assumed they were using them for Chaotic Eye on these things XD

I saw some posts about the new rabbit jug pet being good with a healing ability. I need to craft some of these to stock the AH but I am uncertain about farming mats at my level.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Courel was hitting harder then Lars was, but then this was just doing trials on DC puks, might be different on higher level mobs.

Edit: Speaking of BST was there any news on the new Axe ws, though I'm fairly certian it's shit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

From the BSTs I know I haven't heard anything about the WSes as the highest one is 78 but has been Level Syncing so no capped axe.

I have to say the snow bunny (Lucky Lulush) is the best so far. He hits hard and fast.

Wild Carrot is a party heal TP move. heals about 260 hp for everyone in the pt.

Snow cloud is a cone paralyze move.

Foot kick lands a solid 350-550 on campaign mobs.

Whirl Claw is AoE hits for about 200 on campaign mobs.

The Courel hits about 180-250 with an occasional double attack.
    Only TP moves are blaster, seems to be about 20% paralyze proc on it. And Chaotic eye which silences.

I was at first disappointing with the mandragora. I was using it against EP colibri. It is a mnk class so it hits twice, each hit was doing about 60-80 dmg. Then I hit lv 77, and I could see a noticeable difference in it's damage. Was now doing about 100 a hit. It also has a great counter rate to it.

i don't have a parser though, so I can't put up any numbers other than what I observe.

Quote Originally Posted by saracrow View Post
    I have to say the snow bunny (Lucky Lulush) is the best so far. He hits hard and fast.

Wild Carrot is a party heal TP move. heals about 260 hp for everyone in the pt.
    OMG, so much win.

I was thinking how it'd be neat to have a BST jug that could heal(Maybe a Puk with White Wind?) but I didn't know the new rabbit had an AoE wild carrot!

Now hopefully the jug isn't too expensive(with mats and all) but it's nice that these new jugs are good.

Time to retire my funguar. The thing I liked most about funguar is that it's a good jug that you can buy it from an NPC. No having to deal with auction house or people overpricing, etc with funguar jug.

Oh, more FYI, on Valefor, LL goes for about 30k a stack. Wild Carrot = 3 charges ;; but comes in handy in a pinch.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good to see BSTs get tossed a nice bone this update

Maybe they can find their way into alliances soon!

Quote Originally Posted by saracrow View Post
    Oh, more FYI, on Valefor, LL goes for about 30k a stack. Wild Carrot = 3 charges ;; but comes in handy in a pinch.
    3 charges? Well that's disappointing .

It wouldn't be overpowered if it was 1 or 2 charges. It'd actually make BST, you know, "useful" in certain PT situations if they could spam MPless AoE healing.

Still not bad I guess but it's disappointing with it being 3 charges.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also BST can sub DNC now for DW along with it's ACC bonus, and then can use steps. Start off the fight with Quickstep->Desperate Flourish. And you get more damage than you would just from /NIN. And with snarl you don't have to worry about hate.

I need to get into a party with some good damage dealers to really see how strong BST is now. But the pet alone does a good bit more damage than my BST does.

We've been pretty on top of the new jugs since they came out. I myself haven't done much actual testing, but between myself and some other BST we have found some stuff that needs to be tested. I've noticed that the sheep has an extremely high critical rate. Also a friend noticed that his ladybug gave him a higher drop rate of Cockatrice Meat in Labyrinth of Onzozo. For those that have farmed these you know how crappy the drop rate can be without TH3-4. He said he went 15/20 after he called ladybug. This means that it could possibly have Treasure Hunter 2.

The ladybug is definitely a THF because it is extremely evasive and I have seen it Triple Attack. When you think about it all monsters pretty much have the same traits as players do. WAR mobs Double Attack, THF mobs are evasive (Evasion Bonus), and all mobs will intimidate other mobs or players based on the Killer traits of their job. So, why wouldn't THF mobs also have Treasure Hunter?

Eww @ 3 charges... 2 would be enough shit.

Wonder how the mandy does @ 80.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticelite View Post
    This means that it could possibly have Treasure Hunter 2.
    That would be absurd and awesome at the same time.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Good to see BSTs get tossed a nice bone this update

Maybe they can find their way into alliances soon!
    Both of these sentances are funny.

Bunny heals party members, but doesn't heal other party native pets at least. Haven't tested in a duo/trio both using jugs but have tested in a trio with one bunny, 2 native pets.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Both of these sentances are funny.
    /wink

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast