1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 54 minutes

View Poll Results: Which?

Voters
563. You may not vote on this poll
  • Limsa Lominsa

75 13.32%
  • Gridania

276 49.02%
  • Ul'dah

212 37.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

edit: double post

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Can't stop listening to it!

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

how do you guys know what songs are city themes and outside cities @_ @ I just got a bunch of numbers!

what song tracks are outside of Gridania and Ul'dah?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Sandy is/was the only good city/starting zone in XI.
    Sandy was only nice, if you were a citizen. For the rest of us the guards and citizens acted stuck up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    how do you guys know what songs are city themes and outside cities @_ @ I just got a bunch of numbers!

what song tracks are outside of Gridania and Ul'dah?
    The first guy was trying to be funny and clever, the second is riding on the wind to bump his post count I guess.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chose what you want now, but the most popular city will be the one thats most convenient once the game is out.

BG Level

It was posted on the top of page 9.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Right now it's six to five and pick em. I want a town that's easy to get around, followed by nice to look at and then pleasant npc dialogue. Also some level of populatiry, it sucked being in basty always in last place. Windy was torture to navitage, by far my most hated. I started in basty and still think it's the best to navigate, sandy is a decent runner up. Windy had those silly rhyming npcs, and sandy's seemed by far the most long winded.

LL is described as tons of islands interconnected by bridges. That does not sound easy to navigate, lots of separate paths to take to get anywhere. Grandia sounds like it's a nice setting, but it is also decribed as "the cityscape is mosaic of labyrinthine waterways and great wooden structures". Labyrinthine does not sound easy to navigate either. Grandia sounds cool, although desert surrounded.

Gee I sound picky, well anyways I'm hoping to pick the one easiest to get around in, the pretty scenery may wear off but you still have to run around the place over and over and over All things being equal I'd love to be by the water.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Human gladiator from Ul'dah, just as I was a human paladin from bastok in xi. I plan on getting to endgame and getting decked in the best shit this time though. Gustaberg music brings back so many memories.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A little OT but I hope SE has plenty of small towns and settlements in store for us. I also hope Sharlayan or w/e that city in the northwest is called is opened up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yeah they should have more towns, or at least have settlements of npcs in the field. they have a couple of fort like areas with nobody in them, and a couple places with 1 npc behind gates you cant get to

BG Level

I concur. Places like Selbina/Mhaura/Rabao would be nice.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

whatever the desert one is. just keep me far far far away from taru BS. I hate all that cutesy wootsy bullshit

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fhuri View Post
    whatever the desert one is. just keep me far far far away from taru BS. I hate all that cutesy wootsy bullshit
    And they seem to be in the majority too. These are bad times...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fhuri View Post
    I may be going out on a limb here, but I think the desert will have dunesfolk. If it's any consolation, the dunesfolk are supposed to be less sociable than traditional tarus.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Do the Lalafell in XIV talk cutesy wutesy like the tarus of XI? Or have they abandoned that in NPCs?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

please let them talk normal. That cutesy crap has always been the a serious downfall imho. I wouldn't mind it if it were used a lot less often. But I guess every game needs an Urkel or Screech and the tarutaru were always that.

I never understood how the supposed smart race spoke like the fat kid from the cupcake song video with a rhyming stutter

see here

FYI- if your child is that fat- you sir or madam are indeed an abusive parent. Get the tubby little bastard a basketball, not a happy meal!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Some lalafell have similar speech to tarus, but it does seem to be a little less prevalent.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I wasn't in the alpha so I don't know about that, but there are quotes from lalafel on the official site and the two quotes that I found just now were completely normal.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

At least some Lalafell lack any pronounced speed impediment, but I didn't talk to so many NPCs that I could extrapolate that to all Lalafell. Most of them will probably be in Ul'dah and Gridania, so it's hard to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast