BG Level

Another good one >.>

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Good music from RO: Damn near all of it.

Agreed...I love the RO music.

I'm sure the music in the next game won't disappoint! If it's going to be the same 2D sprites in a 3D world again, I feel like there needs to be something extra to make it more appealing, at least to engage new players. I guess the 3D backgrounds are going to be better...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Good music from RO: Damn near all of it.
    Completely agree. This thread is making me want to download all the music from the game. Sadly, I can't remember the name of the areas/songs that I really liked.

RO was my first MMO way back when, before Juno existed. I played on Chaos server and was in Deity. I think I only played for about a year before quitting and later picking up FFXI. I really enjoyed the game and had a lot of fun with the people/guild I met there. I made a trial account like two years ago and managed to find a few people I knew still playing in Deity and chatted with them for a while.

I tried some private servers from time to time to get my fix of the game. Mostly played on vhxRO before he closed it down. I still get the urge from time to time to play, but the game has changed soooo much since I played it. It's hard to get back into it when they moved all the monsters around and nothing is as you remember.

I tried RO2 beta out a few years back. It was.. ok. Had some neat things to it but just wasn't Ragnarok Online to me. Don't think the new RO2 revamp will win out against FFXIV, but I might give it a try for nostalgia sake.

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

99 took FOREVER back in the day (Closed Beta days, and when it first went p2p). The game was a lot of fun then. Then the lolhacks (yay guild leaders inventories getting dropped). Then iRO kept getting the shaft on updates from kRO is what made me play private servers for 2-3 years (only played on 3, each had 100 or so players. best servers ever).

I used to be a mod at Ragnainfo lols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhlcF5Z4vD8

Some chilled out shit here. I'll always remember the coal mines music. I think I spent weeks there looking for cards lol.

(Not it, but holy shit awesome).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmjM0tqEF6k

This shit could keep you going lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDngwvUPk-0

Fuck, this makes me wanna play. Who used to play chaos and hang at Archer's Village?

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Installing RO for the fuck of it.

Gonna see if my old RO2 beta account will still work for new beta also

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

coal mine song were awesome

edit: why hasnt official server have 3-1 jobs btw? did they stop updating altogether?

Some new info

Jin-soo Jun, CTO of RO2 says following:

- Ragnarok2 Renewal started since 2009. They tried to start earlier, but it started 2009..
    - They will reveal screenshots real soon.
    - They know that new RO2 is very similar to RO1. They want it that way because they want to make RO2, not a new game, but a sequel to RO1.
    - Myung-Jin Lee is participating in the new RO2 development. He participated in Arts, Story, World-Design, and is still participating actively. In fact, most of the early armors & clothes you get to wear are all designed by Myung-Jin Lee.
    - Card system returns to RO2. Little bit enhanced. Less of 'killing 10,000 mobs to get a card.' They are trying to implement some kind of 'mini-game' related to the card system..
    - Kafra returns to RO2. Does about same thing that RO1 kafra does. They may say different things to the user depending on who they are.
    - WoE & PvP will definitely return in RO2. However, they are going to be played by only high-level users who almost stopped grinding. Therefore, developers are currently only focusing on developing general contents.

RO2's new systems.
    - Gravity will introduce a new system called 'Jig-Saw system.' Users will be able to try it in Aug 31 Closed Beta.
    - Users can design their own clothes by putting clothes parts together (that's where the name jig-saw comes from...). However, designing will have its limits as users might design 'R-Rated' clothes in-game. (lol....)
    - This system is not same thing as 'skins.' Everyone on-line will be able to look at your clothes.

- Dual Life system makes user to have both Fighting jobs & Non-fighting jobs. (no more battle BS & Alchemists i guess...)

- UCC? Gravity thinks that main reason why RO was such a big hit was because of UCC stuff. They will try to support this a lot in RO2.. (Lots of focus on Jig-Saw system, Social Network, etc)

-The reason why the old RO2's server was so flawed was because it had problems in its logic. (wow.. and they open-beta'd this?....)

-They want to OBT this year. However, this is not set yet, and it can change.
    http://forums.irowiki.org/showpost.p...&postcount=157

I hope soon means in the coming week or two!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Dual Life system sounds like FF14 (maybe other games have done it too? idk). This entire topic is really making me want to play some RO1 though (most likely private servers). >.<

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My roomie and I just jumped on Valkyrie server for the hell of it. Actually enjoying this, fun as fuck.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Trailer to be released today or Friday.

http://ro-projectrevolution.blogspot...ming-soon.html

http://i34.tinypic.com/2l9o49i.png

http://ro-projectrevolution.blogspot...2-jobs-qa.html

Jobs

Time to finally show all the good news about RO2 Jobs and their systems.

*Please Note: all information may still vary upon it's official release, due to it being still under development. Thank You!

You'll start off with 5 Main Jobs-

Swordsman - Acolyte - Archer - Magician & Thief
    Lvl. 1~15/20

Upon those you'll currently branch off from 2 jobs like in RO1.

Swordsmans = Knight or Warrior
    Lvl. 15/20~50 ~99

Acolyte = Priests or Monk
    Lvl. 15/20~50 ~99

Archer = Ranger or Hunter
    Lvl. 15/20~50 ~99

Magician = Wizard or Sorcerer
    Lvl. 15/20~50 ~99

Thief = Rouge or Assassin
    Lvl. 15/20~50 ~99

Now it doesn't end there - Instead of Rebirth or 3rd Jobs, RO2 will currently offer a Light and Chaos system currently known as the "Chara System" [Name will mostly change]

At Lvl. 50~99 Players will be able to choose between staying Neutral - Light[Holy] or Chaos[Dark].

Upon playing as any of those Hues you'll be able to bounce back and forth of which side you wish to play as. However, re-gather points to change back and forth to a certain side will take awhile. Though this allows players to fully take advantage of some skills being offered while being Light or Chaos. Being Neutral will have it's advantages as well.

Will this effect Guild Building & What other advantages are there?
    Chara system would be effecting the type of guild you are building. The more Order players, the stronger your Order Guild skills will become, Not to mention the type of guardians and locations you can take over.

The type of Guild that takes over more regions or a certain location, will also effect the world that players are involved with. Example: If Payon is owned by 60% Chaotic Guilds then the prices and treatment from NPCs to common Light Players will drastically effect them. Starter Jobs will not be effected by this.

This is all still in the testing phases since the development team needs to see if this can be abusable, or not - based on the conditions that are currently set for it.

Will my job change if i'm Light or Chaos?

Yes your job will change. Depending on the side you choose you'll become a new type of class with new skills unlocked.

Can you tell us more about the Duel Jobs?

"Duel Job System Classes"

Alchemist
    Chef
    Blacksmith
    Taylor
    [4 more TBA]

This is still in the development stages to actually see if it can be a final design aspect for RO2.

You won't be able to just jump in the middle of battle and change into a Blacksmith, you'll be able to USE your blacksmith skills from the skill tree though. Outside of battle, you'll be able to change into a Blacksmith and take advantage of all your Blacksmith skills, while still obtaining and using SOME of your main job skills. You can still go back into battles as your Blacksmith - but remember your now limited to using some of your main job skills or weapons.

Tell us about the NPC system, I don't get it? I need to see how you can customize your "offline NPC" and how the user interface behaves, as I've seen how organized shopping makes a game more pleasurable and even helps the in game economy.

NPC's offline functions are pretty straight forward, as you'll have a whole array to different assets you can choose from. You can vend, forge, create, bake, the whole nine yards, just by selecting the pre-set options available. Prices for your NPC's services will vary as there is a Suggested price you should charge, but you may go over or under that. If your NPC is creating something for someone, the customer will select what they need from your NPC, allowing them to see your level skill for that creation as well. If your NPC if offering Users 1/2 the requirements [EX: Empty Bottles] then all they'll need is the rest of the requirements. If they meet the requirements, then Ta Da! You've just created white potions for your customers.

Once your Empty Bottles run out though, that option will be lost for future customers so the rest will be stuck providing the Empty Bottles, until you log back to hunt for the rest as a service to your customers. Of course though, this is one of the many options you'll have upon Release.

What will happen if I D/C in a battle? Will my NPC start crafting next to a boss?

If your worried about what will happen if your in a middle of a battle and you suddenly Disconnected, your place will still be saved and your NPC will not be activated until you active the NPC in a safe spot. It's a whole separated function that you must set, just like Vending in RO, but imagine logging off while vending and your Still making Zenny till your shop runs out. Once you log back in - you'll receive an invoice of your transactions and continue your adventure.

You said Acolytes will look like the NPC picture, what happened?
    I never said thats what they'll look like 100% i said expect something similar, I'm not authorized to actually say it or not at the time. Designs of your outfits are not out of the question either - it's just RO2 is offering the newer design since time moved forward for Mid-gard, Knights even bare a slight resemblance to the Lord Knights.

Is this game 3d?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by OzzofAsura View Post
    Is this game 3d?
    Yes and it will not be in chibi form like the previous RO2.

Am a little bit worried now. I was hoping from another pleasant departure from 3D. Maybe it will be good though.

It's Friday! Where it at???

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's Friday! Where it at???
    Delayed lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I had an account on the previous beta but I can't seem to login on their site

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Delayed lol
    BOO!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BOO!
    Guy from the blog mentioned it will happen today, just not right now as planned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast