BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by nyglypz View Post
    I'm assuming what happened today is a glitch; but here goes...

Few LS people went to mess around/try out/cruor farm/etc as a blm pt. We entered the zone 3blm 1sam (later replaced by another blm) 1sch 1brd and killed 1 ice ephemereal clionid along the way.

After that we made our way and camped near the #6 conflux, by the licorice. 5/6 of us used 3 stones and were inside for 1.5hrs+ 2 ppl had minutes left over from their last entry. The entire time we only killed licorice.

About 10~15min prior to us fading out of the zone 3 of us got the level up animation and the chat log saying it for all to see. The problem is, we were already the levels that we "leveled up" to.

At the time I had warped back to spend some cruor, but when I got back I took a SS of my "level up", and i had an 8k buffer. I can post if anybody needs to see for verification but i have no idea if this is just broken or a part of somthing more...
    Something similar happened to me in Abyssea - Tahrongi. I died on THF and lost my level, then got a raise that brought me back into level 76. When we killed the next monster, I got "Shadida attains level 76!" and level up animation.

nyglypz

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    We had something similar happen to our relic drk in the run. He had previously dinged 80 a few mobs back and then died and deleveled to 79. Upon raising, he had gotten level 80 back but got the level up animation after a few more mobs had been killed. Quite strange, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by fosgate View Post
    The level up thing must be a bug. Me and a few friends level synced to 75 in an attempt to exp off imps. When the 75 sync died to a bad link, level sync wore off and 3 of the 76+ pt members all got level up animations simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadida View Post
    Something similar happened to me in Abyssea - Tahrongi. I died on THF and lost my level, then got a raise that brought me back into level 76. When we killed the next monster, I got "Shadida attains level 76!" and level up animation.
    Now that I think about it, we lost our sync also becuase it was late at night and he needed to log. Chalking this up as a bug atm. Guess there'll be another maintenance to fix this soon.

But if not, stranger things have happened and abyssea seems the perfect spot for new weird things to take place...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Some people have reported that they seem to lose more xp than normal when they die in abyssea. Could it be this? Like the game really takes 1200 from the r1, but the ingame display loses more, and then you "ding" when you go over the threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by Salmijr View Post
    Some people have reported that they seem to lose more xp than normal when they die in abyssea. Could it be this? Like the game really takes 1200 from the r1, but the ingame display loses more, and then you "ding" when you go over the threshold?
    It doesn't only happen when someone dies. It also happens when a level sync levels up. The monster they level up on will bring up the usual level up message, but upon killing the next monster, everyone else in the party will "level up" to that level as well. It's just a strange bug in which it seems, rather than checking your exp, it only checks your min and final level. What I can't understand is why they needed to specifically reprogram the behavior of leveling up just for Abyssea areas. I guess they thought it would be a shortcut in their coding, but they didn't actually think it through >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Aprotosis View Post
    This intrigued me so I took a band today to confirm. It does indeed drop the key item 100% of the time to the whole alliance. Looks like it adds 10% to all curor drops. Don't know about curor chests.
    I just wanted to clarify this, the item does not drop 100% of the time, but when it does drop the entire alliance receives it. Went in a few hours ago with a JP alliance and got this, kill 1 no dice, kill 2 everyone got it. For those that can speak Japanese and care 死神ジェド is the name of this Abyssite in Japanese "Shinigami Jeido" or "Reaper's Jade."

Either way it confused the shit out of me when I first attempted to join the alliance, because I had no idea what they were after. Once they said Ghost NM though I figured it out. I was expecting it to be called Abyssite for them in some regards, but apparently not.

Edit: Drop rate was already clarified, I'm blind, well double clarified now.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

A ??? pop requiring a giant slug eyestalk is at (F-6).

* A giant slug eyestalk can be obtained from Gunge Slugs.
    * Pops Lentor, a Slug type monster.
    o Drops Missile Boots.

was omitted, and I'm fairly sure Bombadeel does not drop missile boots, unless it's a zone drop.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's what I have written in the word document where I maintain the thread info..but it doesn't appear to be copying over correctly..

Edit: Ahah, left a bracket open -_-

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    For those that can speak Japanese and care 死神ジェド is the name of this Abyssite in Japanese "Shinigami Jeido" or "Reaper's Jade."

Either way it confused the shit out of me when I first attempted to join the alliance, because I had no idea what they were after. Once they said Ghost NM though I figured it out. I was expecting it to be called Abyssite for them in some regards, but apparently not.
    Ahhhh okay. The dialogue data has debug info for stuff called "jade" and I had no clue what it could be. Now it makes sense though, so cool.

Spoiler: show
    DEBUG:Jade obtained!≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG:Jade discarded!≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG:NM Jade obtained!≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG:NM Jade discarded!≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG:HNM Jade obtained!≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG:HNM Jade discarded!≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG:HNM Jade 2 obtained!≺Prompt≻
    DEBUG:HNM Jade 2 discarded!≺Prompt≻

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    So when we killed the rafflesia NM one of our members who was on WHM, didn't pop it, wasn't the leader of anything or even in the party of the popper got the fetid rafflesia stalk key item, and only her.

This is one of the five key items required for what we can assume is the super awesome final boss, but if it's so random, doesn't that mean it's a total crapshoot and seeming half impossible to get one lucky random sonofabitch to get all five key items? Unless we went in with only six or something and even then it's still random... blah.
    If I remember correctly Roskovnik isn't a pop NM but one that is already prespawned. This means that whoever had first action on the NM would get key item. You sure your WHM didn't cast dia on it or something first? I know I got Fragrant treant petal from Gangly Gean because I hit it with dia before anyone did anything to it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    If I remember correctly Roskovnik isn't a pop NM but one that is already prespawned. This means that whoever had first action on the NM would get key item. You sure your WHM didn't cast dia on it or something first? I know I got Fragrant treant petal from Gangly Gean because I hit it with dia before anyone did anything to it.
    This probably. Every key item we have gotten has gone to the person who did the first action on, or popped the NM.

I think what happened with us that run is when it went unclaimed while everyone was charmed she probably acted on it right before it died, just a guess.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think it's likely that the Tonberry NM will be spawned somehow relating to the quest Naji offers. Because he has some text where you take pictures of it and he talks about how the picture of the tonberry is great or bad. This would fit right in with Tahrongis quest being likely to spawn Chloris and La Theines quest likelihood to spawn the Opo NM.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Just got out of a 7-man run. Killed Fear Gorta and Bloodguzzler. Got the reaper abyssite and Graiai Earring.

This is probably already known and just not posted, but both NMs had about 25k HP, and were easily killed with a merit party setup. Bloodguzzler also didn't have any unusual TP moves besides Absorbing Kiss, which drains all statuses by 20 and makes it a pain to erase attack down.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by mai ikari View Post
    Just got out of a 7-man run. Killed Fear Gorta and Bloodguzzler. Got the reaper abyssite and Graiai Earring.

This is probably already known and just not posted, but both NMs had about 25k HP, and were easily killed with a merit party setup. Bloodguzzler didn't link with nearby leeches, but leeches linked with each other. Bloodguzzler also didn't have any unusual TP moves besides Absorbing Kiss, which drains all statuses by 20 and makes it a pain to erase attack down.
    Accidently popped bloodguzzler as a bunch of leeches popped at it most definitely linked with them.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Accidently popped bloodguzzler as a bunch of leeches popped at it most definitely linked with them.
    That's odd, because a leech came within 10' or so of him while we were fighting, with no reaction. Might just be a small radius?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

My rudimentary chart for the highest tier Konschtat NM spawn. Fragrant Petal could still either be Gangly Gean or Siranpa-Kamuy however so that's up in the air.

http://i49.tinypic.com/14sgqau.jpg

Sound aggro is 8 yalms if I remember correctly, though for larger model mobs it's further.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zjjjfo.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/v7894j.png

Updated OP accordingly~ (Ignore gear in first picture, I was in a rush changing and I left a lot of things in Mog House..)

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    My rudimentary chart for the highest tier Konschtat NM spawn. Fragrant Petal could still either be Gangly Gean or Siranpa-Kamuy however so that's up in the air.
    Ah, if I recall, fragrant petal was confirmed from Gangly Gean.

gdi Cair why is the OP La Thiene?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

rofl good catch.

And yeah, fragrant treant petal is from Gangly Gean.