Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post
    Could be a coincidence but i was the puller for that NM. Not sure if that means anything tho, would need more ppl to chime in on abyssite key item drops.
    Our whm got the key item when we killed the Raffelsia NM in Konschtat, and she did not act first on the mob, nor was she alliance lead...I'm hoping we missed something because if it's random that would be incredibly stupid.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Person who pops it gets the key item

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Cahlum View Post
    Person who pops it gets the key item
    This is true only for key-item pop items from popped NMs. For instance, for timed NMs, Minhocao will drop "sodden sandworm husk" to the person who claims it, and the ancient abyssites seem to drop randomly to anyone in the alliance. (Or to everyone in the case of Fear Gortia?)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Any strats for beating Megantereon??? He opened a can of whoop ass on us so fast it wasn't funny endoom, enstun, and enpara now that was fun...

assburgers
    BG Level

Briareus?

Where's Deunan?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Urat, any plan for T3 soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    ??? Key Item Pops

A ??? requiring key items, pellucid fly eye and shimmering pixie pinion is at (H-7).

• A pellucid fly eye and shimmering pixie pinion are both obtained from ??? pop notorious monsters.
    • Spawns Carabosse, a Pixie type monster.

• Drops key item, glittering pixie choker.

A ??? requiring key items, dented gigas shield, warped gigas armband, and severed gigas collar is at (G-6).

• A dented gigas shield, warped gigas armband, and severed gigas collar are all obtained from ??? pop notorious monsters.
    • Spawns Briareus, a Gigas type monster.

• Drops key item, blood-smeared gigas helm.

A ??? requiring key items, marbled mutton chop, bloodied saber tooth, blood-smeared gigas helm, and glittering pixie choker is at (K-8).
    Are these key item drops off Briareus and Carbosse confirmed? I mean, I'm assuming it too, but if it's confirmed, that's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Atma + Lunar Abyssite + crour fee at entrance = temp stat boost for your abyssea session.

dunno if the atma or abyssite get consumed or are perma, if perma then you basically just unlocked some higher end stat boosts for abyssea.

Also not sure if the stat boosts are perma or only last your current session, someone said they were for 1 session but Id like some kind of confirmation before telling other people for sure.
    I used the Atma infusion twice, I lost the buff when I zoned out then back in, but after 2 infusions I still have the key item to infuse whenever I enter Abyssea.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I think they're more or less inferred seeing as nobody else seems capable of dropping it.

I was looking at the dat mines and the list of titles..
    assuming they sort by zone..
    there seem to be 15 of them.. and if we assume 5 in each zone....

the ones for La Theine are

Hadhayosh Halterer

-Behemoth-like creature in mythology
    probably the ??? which requests the 4 key items?

Briareus Feller <- found

Karkinos Clawcrusher <- ???
    - Karkinos is a crab in greek mythology...
    Might be fished?
    edit: considering Fistule appears in bastok area, this one is probably Krabkatoa model.. and needs to popped in an unconventional way...

Carabosse Quasher <- found

Ovni Obliterator <- ???
    - Googling Ovni gets me UFO stuff. Most likely its a Yovra (it was included in the dats)
    but how do we get to it? VNM?

It looks like theres still a lot left to be solved.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by krizz View Post
    Urat, any plan for T3 soon?
    Tonight around 8 EST ish we'll be entering, still not sure if we'll be doing a sharpeye mantle run or T3.

If we do do the T3 run I'll post everything we noticed. Im getting my ls members to try and nuke with all the T1 debuffs they have, and the DDs to try and hit the monster with the less used weaponskills. Probably contributing factor to why the T2 was a bit tougher feeling as no one was actually using much hard hitting stuff so we were pretty much DPSing it to death while hitting it with elemental weaponskills.

No exclamation marks nonetheless, so that sucked, so this time I'll get the DDs to only start off with an elemental weaponskill once then stick to their hard hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Ovni Obliterator <- ???
    - Googling Ovni gets me UFO stuff. Most likely its a Yovra (it was included in the dats)
    but how do we get to it? VNM?

It looks like theres still a lot left to be solved.

KK I'll have my ls members be prepped for a yovra or etc... er

Exactly what would I prepare for if the NM were to be a yovra with unknown power and probably leaning on one of its hardest hitting JAs and spamming that consistently, as per the T1 and T2 VNMs do...?

Finishing up my sea access as we speak (gogo three paths >.<) so I've never done sea before, thus I have 0 idea what to expect, but I'd like to at least be prepped a little. Halp?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

An oversized sock can be obtained from Demersal Gigas.
    Oversized socks drop from Hadal Gigas (which is F-7, as indicated). Probably a mixup with the next NM:

A massive armband can be obtained from Hadal Gigas.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, I got Dented Gigas Shield (Key Item) from Adamastor and Severed Gigas Collar (Key Item) from Grandgousier. Both of these differ from what's stated in the OP. The first one makes sense, but the second does not. I'd assume that the armband popped NM would drop the armband key item but it did not. Has anybody actually gotten the key items from the OP from the NMs listed in it? If so, perhaps the gigas key items could be random, but I'm just going to assume it was a minor mix up on data.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ovni (O.V.N.I.) Stands for Objeto Volador No Indetificado (which is basically Unidentified Flying Object - U.F.O. in Spanish) Aka be prepared for a Yovra, can't think of another mob in the game that could be given that name, other than Yovra or Spheroids (Detectors) but those aren't in the abyssea .dats are they?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what does being prepared for a Yovra entail then? Any jobs I should definitly bring.

If it has the charmga move I think I'll have to grab at least 2 sleepers... hmm

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Are these key item drops off Briareus and Carbosse confirmed? I mean, I'm assuming it too, but if it's confirmed, that's neat.
    They were supposed to be a separate color (green) for my guesswork, but I can't see them coming from anywhere else.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Chasmic Hornet
    Time Spawn ?
    -Spams Frenzy Pollen (Hundred Fists), Suggest 2 Blue's Head butt to lock up. Paralyze or stuns, When we fought had no "Tank" went with a DD merit party setup. Got owned ; ;

And hello BG first post >.>

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I just tried the same mob. Team was BLU, PLD, THF, BST, WHM, RDM, and one more can't remember job, mage I believe.

Got it down to half way, then started timing out, but needed much more damage anyway. It's hate bounced around A LOT, even with me busting Trick Attacked WSes on the PLD.

Also did Piasa, got both Seigneur Shield & Navarch's Choker.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Chasmic Hornet is very susceptible to Paralyze. Full MND potency one (~150 MND) consistently would Paralyze it for 3-5 rounds consecutively.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just got raped by T3 VNM in la theine.

Was Ruminator, another Thinker NM.

Spammed AoE status effect steal and triple status effect steal on person he is attacking, stole everyones stats onto itself then hit us with a potent disease, then blasted us with AoE attacks buffed up from our stats and one shotted pretty much everyone in range.

Definitly need to have shadows, and some kind of buffer JAs to take the stealing move, like wards and a carol or something...

I think his AoE attack move could be shadowed...

We lasted about 2 mins in, got it down to like 85%, my abyssite shattered the moment I popped it as well.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Also, I got Dented Gigas Shield (Key Item) from Adamastor and Severed Gigas Collar (Key Item) from Grandgousier. Both of these differ from what's stated in the OP. The first one makes sense, but the second does not. I'd assume that the armband popped NM would drop the armband key item but it did not. Has anybody actually gotten the key items from the OP from the NMs listed in it? If so, perhaps the gigas key items could be random, but I'm just going to assume it was a minor mix up on data.
    There were question marks next to each for a reason. Nobody provided data either way.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The yovra bit you're speculating about is probably in Konschat. My reasoning for this is that Konschtat's DATs are set-up where the popped NM/timed NM is lumped with the mobs of the same family, and the Ab'xzomit's NM is "Khalamari." Also, they added Yovra to the original game afaik, so they should be in Abyssea, yes.