BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Mmm theory out the window then... Ruminator is also a title in the dats.. So maybe they aren't arranged in any particular order of zone..

Edit: yeah they added yovra, ouryu, most of the sky god reskins, and the 3 toau fiends amongst other mobs

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What intrigues me the most is that certain mobs in the dats have not been discovered yet at all. There are entire families of mobs just not yet present in the zone. Logic dictates we'd have to make them exist some how, be it through quests or killing off other types of mobs.

Ex. Konsctat is missing Xzomit and Tonberries.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

SE has added dats before and have yet to use them or used them in a later update tho.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    What intrigues me the most is that certain mobs in the dats have not been discovered yet at all. There are entire families of mobs just not yet present in the zone. Logic dictates we'd have to make them exist some how, be it through quests or killing off other types of mobs.

Ex. Konsctat is missing Xzomit and Tonberries.
    Maybe it has something to do with the missions? Has anybody progressed further than finishing the gigas/peiste/sandworm missions to possibly unlock these mobs in some way and fill in the holes?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with the missions? Has anybody progressed further than finishing the gigas/peiste/sandworm missions to possibly unlock these mobs in some way and fill in the holes?
    As far as anyone can tell that seems to be the end of the "main" quests. You complete all 3 NM killing quests, then return to Joachim for some pleasantries and ~fin.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    As far as anyone can tell that seems to be the end of the "main" quests. You complete all 3 NM killing quests, then return to Joachim for some pleasantries and ~fin.
    Wow seriously? That's pretty weak if you ask me. <.<; I was at least hoping that the storylines would include the zone bosses in some way.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone have a rough estimate on Megamaw Mikey's HP? Wondering if it's feasible for a RDM to solo it by throwing DoTs on it until it's at low HP and then finishing off the last slither with nukes.

EDIT: Would have to keep Dispelling Stoneskin obviously and could probably squeeze a nuke or two out every time it tried to cast Quake or Stone V if /nin.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Beat the T3 VNM here, pics and info after finished.... Title, Head with sword skill +??, and +13 str hands. 2k currency and 3k exp.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Beat the T3 VNM here, pics and info after finished.... Title, Head with sword skill +??, and +13 str hands. 2k currency and 3k exp.
    so Heafoc Mitts & Kensho Hachimaki?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    so Heafoc Mitts & Kensho Hachimaki?
    Yes

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Sorry for windower plugins forgot to fix that >_>;;

Loot:

EXP/Cruor:

Tile:

Took about 20 min to kill. Could have been faster had we had more BLM from the start, we had people switch. 100%~50% Physical damage was gradually getting reduced. Below 50% only magic damage became effective.

Uses all basic empty of it's type moves by the looks of it.

Has a 2h of mighty strikes that it uses multiple times. When it uses mighty strikes it loses all hate. Possibly not able to generate hate while under the effects of might strikes. Mighty strikes seems to have been triggered by using physical attacks. When we started only nuking it did not use as often. Might be on a timer that is reduced faster by physical attacks.

Edit: Our other group did a T3 in Kon as well that got the scythe head piece and title. They said it was the sheep looking empty that it spawned babies like it does in the promys as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's a lotta exp/cruor!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...garhooAtma.png

Not sure if it's been posted yet. Popped Lugarhoo tonight in La Theine and we got the !! above his head with a PLD WS, I forget which. Not that it matters much since the weakness changes per pop. When it died everyone in alliance got the Atma. Went back to see what we could trade it in for, but need a Lunar Abyssite still.

Popped another one after that, didn't find it's weakness before it died. New people in alliance did not obtain an Atma.

Sorry if it's reposted information. >>;

Edit:
    Actually, maybe this would be better in the main Abyssea thread since Atma are obtained in each area, or should I leave this here?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xiani View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...garhooAtma.png

Not sure if it's been posted yet. Popped Lugarhoo tonight in La Theine and we got the !! above his head with a PLD WS, I forget which. Not that it matters much since the weakness changes per pop. When it died everyone in alliance got the Atma. Went back to see what we could trade it in for, but need a Lunar Abyssite still.

Popped another one after that, didn't find it's weakness before it died. New people in alliance did not obtain an Atma.

Sorry if it's reposted information. >>;

Edit:
    Actually, maybe this would be better in the main Abyssea thread since Atma are obtained in each area, or should I leave this here?
    Atma of the Baying Moon
    Attack+: Major
    "Magic Atk. Bonus": Major≺≻

Of course, credit goes to gwynplaine. read his epic ffxiblog on atma.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

nice atma :D

can we use the buff outside abyssea?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rykono View Post
    SE has added dats before and have yet to use them or used them in a later update tho.
    while this is typically true, it doesnt make sense for Abyssea because each of the 3 battle add ons are supposedly stand-alone additions to the game, meaning to say you should be able to complete and clear everything within the same add-on (tho this does not exclude interzone interaction) and that add-ons are complete from the moment they're purchased...

edit: also, with regard to the missing mobs / pop items, has anyone considered the possibility that they drop off Sturdy Pyxis mimics? or perhaps can be obtained by unlocking treasure chests that pop upon killing a particular mob family? (especially the ones that don't drop any trigger / aren't represented by an NM)

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So I was looking at the drops from Abyssea- La Thiene and noticed that the Poroggo NM (Poroggo Dom Juan) drops an ammo item called "Dried Squid" which is level 1.

I intend to test this myself at a later time but could that squid item be used as bait to fish up Karkinos the missing HNM with a title? I just find it extremely odd unless I am missing something and a quest asks for it?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A ??? pop requiring a giant agaricus mushroom is at (F-6).
    * A giant agaricus mushroom can be obtained from item chests.
    * Pops Toppling Tuber, a Fungaur type monster.

Just got the mushroom pop from a locked chest and popped with 5 (war/sam, drg/sam, smn, whm, rdm).

He hits for ~200-300 and has double attack and his tp moves go through third eye. Has a move called Agaricus that *seems* to be ranged. Agaricus did anywhere from 100-800 dmg on people. We got it down to ~65% before wiping due to mages pulling hate and running out of mp.

I'm going to guess that the cankercaps down near the pop area will drop the mushroom, we only killed a few and they were like normal fungaurs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone found best bait + lake combo to fish up the rusty shields? They apparently give 300 crour a pop.

If I stuck 10 rusty buckets in my MH and got capped fishing moghancement I could probably catch a rusty item ever 2-3 casts.