+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
    MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Am I being wooshed? Whats wrong with the spot it pops by? Is it not easy enough to hold it there?

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    Am I being wooshed? Whats wrong with the spot it pops by? Is it not easy enough to hold it there?
    Only reason say this is Lake near fairy's is a smaller circumference so less running around while gorge is Huge.

Also if you need /nin as cor to not die, well Idk what to tell you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I was suggesting not to kite it but if you couldn't understand I don't know what to tell you.

Well when you have Melee tanking it tell me how they hold hate once DT goes down and Cor pull hate From QD after about 5mins Cor's pull so much hate thats what it turns into.

Unless you bring a Pld.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If its already full PDT when you pull it, why are you even bringing melees?

If its not already full PDT when you pull it, why are you using CORs to kill it?

Either way you lose. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin View Post

If its not already full PDT when you pull it, why are you using CORs to kill it?

Either way you lose. =/

Thats Thing we don't ever know If ppl ever fucked with it unless your Psychic!

And I don't enjoy wasting my time in Abys

welcome to alexander!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

(Have one person go test it before you plan a whole LS event around killing one NM that takes less than 10 minutes to kill)

Im just sayin', brah.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by absolutezero View Post
    Only reason say this is Lake near fairy's is a smaller circumference so less running around while gorge is Huge.

Also if you need /nin as cor to not die, well Idk what to tell you.
    Why are you running around the gorge to begin with? Kite it on the cliffside, its pathing is awful.

Our LS fought carabosse, and man does she suck =/ we gave up eventually post benediction because at 82% our damage simply couldn't beat her cure V/cure VI spam and people were running low on time, and we were mostly blm squad.

So we just took the conflux, and my automaton wound up kiting her while the stragglers zoned out. ; ;

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Either way you lose. =/
    And

(Have one person go test it before you plan a whole LS event around killing one NM that takes less than 10 minutes to kill)

Im just sayin', brah.
    So, one person goes, and spends time for everyone else to learn what jobs to use... or we just bring in a group of friends with all contingencies covered.

Cor/Nin is silly when Cor/Blm won't ever die and all the Cor's doing are rolls and QD.

By the time everyone gets in zone after it's verified Ovni is up, the scout can have pulled it to the lake, where even new people who have never kited, can kite it with extraordinary ease if they get hate.

And it's not really an "LS event". It's a random, "Hey, want to go?" Slowpoke's a really, really casual shell, but everyone wants to kill Ovni. We have plenty of DD, and plenty of COR, and I'd rather keep going with our 100% three-drop rate, than whatever the hell it is people are doing who go 0/8.

I'm just sayin', brah.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Why are you running around the gorge to begin with? Kite it on the cliffside, its pathing is awful.
    /shrug Why not? Frankly speaking, our LS has a lot of "special" players in it... nice enough people, but careless players. Conflux 4 has no chance of grabbing any hate, and by the time everyone's in from the scout verifying Ovni's up, they can drag it to the lake.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    And

So, one person goes, and spends time for everyone else to learn what jobs to use... or we just bring in a group of friends with all contingencies covered.

Cor/Nin is silly when Cor/Blm won't ever die and all the Cor's doing are rolls and QD.

By the time everyone gets in zone after it's verified Ovni is up, the scout can have pulled it to the lake, where even new people who have never kited, can kite it with extraordinary ease if they get hate.

And it's not really an "LS event". It's a random, "Hey, want to go?" Slowpoke's a really, really casual shell, but everyone wants to kill Ovni. We have plenty of DD, and plenty of COR, and I'd rather keep going with our 100% three-drop rate, than whatever the hell it is people are doing who go 0/8.

I'm just sayin', brah.
    On a scale from 1 to 10, how butthurt are you right now?

It takes less than 2 minutes to go to conflux 7, aggro it, nuke it once, deaggro it and zone back out. Losing those 2 minutes is pretty important to you I guess!

And I don't really know what you are trying to say with the last little blurb there... Are you saying you guys are going 100% on Bullwhip belt because you bring more than 6 people? I really don't understand.

We offered suggestions on how to improve/update your unnecessary precautions and you adamantly defend your wasteful procedures. I don't get it.

Quit being a school boy bitch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

On a scale from 1 to 10, how butthurt are you right now?

It takes less than 2 minutes to go to conflux 7, aggro it, nuke it once, deaggro it and zone back out. Losing those 2 minutes is pretty important to you I guess!

And I don't really know what you are trying to say with the last little blurb there... Are you saying you guys are going 100% on Bullwhip belt because you bring more than 6 people? I really don't understand.

We offered suggestions on how to improve/update your unnecessary precautions and you adamantly defend your wasteful procedures. I don't get it.

Quit being a school boy bitch.
    I got my belt; I'm not butthurt at all.

It takes about 2 minutes to drag it to the lake. Okay, maybe 5 if your kiter is an idiot. Same time commitment, easier for most of our group.

And yes, I am suggesting that we're going 100% on bullwhip and Augurs because we have more people... because those "unnecessary" DD in -dt mode are still procing exclamation marks. Our third one proc'ed on a DRK WS that did damn near 0 damage.

You remind me not so much of someone "offering suggestions" as someone screaming, "I'm an elitist, and I need attention. Do it my way, or you're doing it wrong!"

We're winning. We're getting drops. Our linkshell is having a lot of fun, and everyone from our best players to our worst can participate and never risk screwing things up. Could we kill it faster by doing it your way? No. Could we have more fun doing it your way? I doubt it; I've had a blast hanging out with friends and watching as other shells on the server struggle.

I don't get it. Now, if you can stop offering suggestions on how we can be more like you and less successful, we can move on to trying to help people who also want their 100% drop rate, too.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marootsoobutsu View Post
    I got my belt; I'm not butthurt at all.

It takes about 2 minutes to drag it to the lake. Okay, maybe 5 if your kiter is an idiot. Same time commitment, easier for most of our group.

And yes, I am suggesting that we're going 100% on bullwhip and Augurs because we have more people... because those "unnecessary" DD in -dt mode are still procing exclamation marks. Our third one proc'ed on a DRK WS that did damn near 0 damage.

You remind me not so much of someone "offering suggestions" as someone screaming, "I'm an elitist, and I need attention. Do it my way, or you're doing it wrong!"

We're winning. We're getting drops. Our linkshell is having a lot of fun, and everyone from our best players to our worst can participate and never risk screwing things up. Could we kill it faster by doing it your way? No. Could we have more fun doing it your way? I doubt it; I've had a blast hanging out with friends and watching as other shells on the server struggle.

I don't get it. Now, if you can stop offering suggestions on how we can be more like you and less successful, we can move on to trying to help people who also want their 100% drop rate, too.
    Elitist land sucks and I'm miserable, you're right. =(

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Suddenly, Alexander mouthbreathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    Suddenly, Alexander mouthbreathers.
    You are one of us don't forget!!! Roots!!!

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Unless I'm missing something you're still implying your 100% drop rate is attributable to taking two parties of CORs and taking longer to kill it than three RDMs with more brain cells than fingers.

Kudos on your drops but don't pretend it has anything to do with where or how (barring !!s which only necessitate one COR) you kill it. They offered suggestions on how to kill it faster and save more of your precious Abyssea time and you declined to follow them. Move on.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Unless I'm missing something you're still implying your 100% drop rate is attributable to taking two parties of CORs and taking longer to kill it than three RDMs with more brain cells than fingers.

Kudos on your drops but don't pretend it has anything to do with where or how (barring !!s which only necessitate one COR) you kill it. They offered suggestions on how to kill it faster and save more of your precious Abyssea time and you declined to follow them. Move on.
    First, no, I attributed our 100% drop rate to a variety of jobs showing up, regardless of Ovni's -dt status. The CORs come en masse because, so far, 3/4 of the Ovni fights I've seen have been with -dt mode already on, and frankly COR isn't useless DD if it's in normal mode.

Second, I didn't say fighting at the lake is why we're getting 100%; I said fighting it at the lake is safer and easier for a group of casual people.

In short, they didn't offer suggestions on how to kill it faster, and it certainly wasn't saving more Abyssea time if those suggestions remove the 100% drop rate. Don't want to kite it to the lake? Fine. Your mileage will vary on that, but don't pretend it's an automatically idiotic thing not to. They offered suggestions for how to do things the way this game has been most efficient for a long time-- low man, low travel. But that doesn't apply here.

On side note whats a good lowman set up for T3 Vnm , and how much magical Resist does it gain overtime?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SAM/NIN SAM/NIN WHM RDM BRD

Some will suggest mages /NIN for hate erase when it Mighty Strikes but it isn't that big a deal. Spam dummy buffs so absorpion moves don't drain, dispel everything it takes, and just blink-tank til it's dead.