Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Paranormal Activity 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Folant View Post
    http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9771/pa2cot.jpg

Look in the cot, then the reflection, then the cot again...some kind of reverse vampire baby? lol
    The baby is the demon! Calling it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Sorry for the semi-necro (well not really since the movie was just released last night) but saw this today and was fairly good. Not nearly as good as the original (built up a lot slower, and had less "scary" moments), but played very well off of the original movie's story. Hopefully they're releasing multiple endings again because the one I saw kinda sucked ass, but at least it made me laugh.

Don't click if you don't want to know...
    Spoiler: show
    chick from the first movie comes back in the end, snaps the guy's neck then super palm strikes the other chick and takes her baby.

Makes sense with the plot and all, but the way they did it felt horribly rushed. Overall, the movie was still enjoyable.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Last 20 minutes or so were intense. A lot of the beginning was incredibly slow, unlike the first one where there was at least a jump moment every night.

It wasn't as jumpy scary as the first, but some like "holy shit, this is happening stuff" The consistent grabbing the wife and pulling her down the stairs, the neck snap and just abrupt "i'm gonna walk right up to you and falcon punch" type shit was crazy. Also lol @ right after the movie ended. like a full minute of silence before the credits

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

NOT A SEQUEL BUT....A...DUNDUNDUN SEPREQUEL!

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

after watching the first this one was like you were expecting stuff this time around and the music kinda helped tell you when stuff was a gonna happen.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

FALCON FUCKING PUNCH

Girlfriend about broke my arm she was so freaked... I do have to say the audience was bored the whole first hour and a half or so until shit actually started happening.

Random fucking kitchen asplosion made us jump.

Decent flick. Disappointed that the trailer scenes weren't in it.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post

FALCON FUCKING PUNCH

Girlfriend about broke my arm she was so freaked... I do have to say the audience was bored the whole first hour and a half or so until shit actually started happening.

Random fucking kitchen asplosion made us jump.

Decent flick. Disappointed that the trailer scenes weren't in it.
    Well, the first film had the problem of having every single scary moment in the fucking trailer, so I guess they wanted to avoid that.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

This thread needs more Perm.

the thread of the first movie was epic.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I thought the 1st movie was absolutely terrible. I literally sat in the theater as the credits rolled in disbelief as my [ex]girlfriend, bestfriend, and his [ex]girlfriend urged me to "stop acting like an ass and let's go", until the clean up crew came in. The whole door moving, foot steps, sheet moving, Katie standing over Micah wasn't enough to be considered frightening. It was one of the worse movies I had ever seen.

With that being said, the 2nd one was...
    head and shoulders better than the 1st. The suspense and the fact that 2 non-"seasoned" actor elements greatly improved the movie (the dog and the baby Hunter). How they got the baby to look, react, move, etc was awesome. The scene where she was in the kitchen reading a magazine, fixing tea and the kitchen blew the fuck up scared the shit out of me. I wasn't expecting that in broad daylight. Shit was so cash. The plot was great. The whole presequel was interesting. Actually showing footage from the first one was good. The comedic element was on point as well. "P...U...S...S...Y. I guess the ghost wants some pussy." Haha. Those kids appeared to be like 15 but that's about accurate nowadays. Overall I was pleased with the movie.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I can see how people felt the ending should've been left right as they started showing clips from the first one, and I somewhat can see that. And how people felt the ending where Katie goes back to get Hunter felt a little rushed, but I don't see it that way. I thought it added to the intense creepiness of her being possessed that she went into the house and wrecked shit as fast as fucking possible. Falcon Punch was so crazy

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    I can see how people felt the ending should've been left right as they started showing clips from the first one, and I somewhat can see that. And how people felt the ending where Katie goes back to get Hunter felt a little rushed, but I don't see it that way. I thought it added to the intense creepiness of her being possessed that she went into the house and wrecked shit as fast as fucking possible. Falcon Punch was so crazy

I didn't feel like it was rushed, but I did feel like it was out of nowhere... I had forgotten the first movie ending had even happened and that they tell you at the beginning that they were all dead (except for Alli, who I was glad to see was okay because she saved the movie from being totally boring). When I saw that she owned the shit out of Dan and just walked in and falcon punched Kristi I was like "Shit, she took care of business real quick".

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I can see how people don't like this movie, or these kinds of movies, but whatever. I prefer this to slasher and other types of horror films because you're so limited to what you can see and know. Some scenes were just so creepy and tense I still get unsettled, and they weren't even big "scare" scenes, with the loud noises and shit. Like when Ali finds her step mom just sitting in a chair in hunters room, then the loud noise, turn around and she's gone. just how creepy that bitch looked when she was possessed, sitting there all blank face was so creepy.

and the dog scene

gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

Movie was ok. Really have to watch it with a packed crowd to get that fear effect going. Tension you can feel is always better than tension your mind tries to create when you're watching shit alone.

the dog scene made me and my date ;_; <3 dogs

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Bump since I read about this just now.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/news/nov10/pa3slids.jpg

I still need to watch the second movie, but I guess it did well enough to warrant a third entry.

Edit: Guess I need to post this too lol... http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/409...vity-3-its-way

BG Level

How the fuck can they possibly make this movie when the entire supporting cast of the story is dead?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

PA3 The Return of the Reverse Vampire Baby!