Closed Thread
Page 11 of 467 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

She still wears the ring around her neck.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    That's the beauty behind the comic. Is it really cheating if she thinks he's dead? Is she just fucking him so he can continue protecting her and her son? Or is it a coping mechanism when shit hits the fan that when the species is endangered a primortial insinct kicks in where people feel compelled to pair to continue the species?
    After the outbreak, I don't think anyone could blame Lori or Shane for thinking that Rick had died/ become zombified while in the hospital. The fact that he was able to snap out of his coma before his IV drip ran out and dehydrated him to death on top of snapping out of it at a point that he was mobile on top of no zombies entering his room on top of him being able to survive without a clue as to what is going on makes his chances for survival worse than one in a million. In that situation there's no way they could have thought that Rick was just going to stroll into town atop a horse like nothing had happened.

Is she fucking him to protect her and Carl? I seriously doubt it. I think Shane being Rick's friend and partner and carrying the guilt around, because he lost focus on the job Rick was shot and is now seemingly dead, leaving Lori a widow and Carl fatherless, that he would try to make up for it by taking care of them. And we see him not just taking care of those two, but stepping up to lead and direct the entire camp of survivors, I don't think he's banging every chick at that camp for his protection so why limit it to just Lori?

Coping mechanism? Possibly, but I don't think so. I think Lori's character is stronger than that, although we haven't seen it up until now. I could understand the feeling of being alone as the world is crumbling around her, but she has her son to fill the loneliness, she doesn't need Shane for that. What she wants Shane for is protection and sex. Protection is given without the need for compensation. So it's just their desire for sex on its own, which I find questionable. Like I've said in earlier posts, Rick hasn't been dead for that long which has hardly given Lori time to grieve. I don't think that the grieving process for your husband and father of your child involves banging his best friend (multiple times) after only a few weeks have passed. I liked that someone else posted that they were already cheating together before the outbreak and their relationship now is an extension of that. They even seem to be still hiding it from everyone else and doing their guilty pleasures in total private (based on Shane sneaking away from the tent when Carl approaches instead of acting more naturally, like he's doing something wrong). That makes it seem that the guilt of knowing that it was wrong before has translated down to the present and instead of acting like "Yea, we're together, so what? Her husband's dead and I'm single, what's the big deal?", they still feel the need to hide it. We're also told in the first episode that Rick and Lori's marriage is going through some trouble and Shane seems to know it before he even asks judging by the way he brings it up.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

We're also told in the first episode that Rick and Lori's marriage is going through some trouble and Shane seems to know it before he even asks judging by the way he brings it up.
    ^ this. When he told him about that I was like "...Yeah dude is banging his wife!" Which is why I think they were cheating long before dude went into that coma.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
    Hey PMer, how's the battle w/ leukemia going? Who said Doyle invented the style? I sure as fuck didn't, since when is being famous for something translates to being the creator? Jimi Hendrix is perhaps one of the most famous guitarists and I'm sure as fuck he didn't invent the guitar. And you call me a moron? Get the fuck out, go dj some quincianera or some shit like that lol.
    you make me feel so warm and successful

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Everytime you post now I want to punch you in the face Finesse. It has nothing to do with the quality of your posts and everything to do with the beached whale mermaid. It's enthralling in a horrifying way.

Banned.

BG Level

lol I turned off sigs because of it. What better gift to give than the gift I wouldn't want myself

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

But I shouldn't have to turn off sigs damn you!!! Ugh. Seriously. Just ugh.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    ^ this. When he told him about that I was like "...Yeah dude is banging his wife!" Which is why I think they were cheating long before dude went into that coma.
    If that were true though, why would he bring it up? He obviously doesn't want to get caught. Shane seemed like he knew about it because Rick has probably confided in him about it before. They are partners, after all.

As for Lori's devotion to Rick, while it does seem fucked up to leave Rick in the hospital like that, I'm withholding judgment until we learn more about the days leading up to the town being evacuated. The hospital was obviously a big center of activity and it's possible there was a quarantine.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I don't think anyone blames Lori for leaving Rick in the hospital. I don't see how they would be able to care for a coma patient while on the run from zombies. You're right, the whole building may have also been under quarantine making it impossible to go in or out. Wasn't that a military helicopter parked out front too? I think we can assume that the hospital was under military protection at some point and was likely one of the safest places to be at the time they left for Atlanta.

Shane would bring up the question of Lori and Rick's marriage to make sure that he wasn't really catching on to what they were doing behind his back. It would be entirely plausible that Rick would confess to his best friend and trusted partner that he thinks that not only is his relationship on the rocks but that his wife might also be cheating on him with another man. Shane could have just been testing the waters to ensure that they were hiding it well enough from Rick.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I'm about 25 minutes in to the first episode, and jesus christ this show is awesome already

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post

Shane would bring up the question of Lori and Rick's marriage to make sure that he wasn't really catching on to what they were doing behind his back. It would be entirely plausible that Rick would confess to his best friend and trusted partner that he thinks that not only is his relationship on the rocks but that his wife might also be cheating on him with another man. Shane could have just been testing the waters to ensure that they were hiding it well enough from Rick.
    Exactly. They're friends/partners after all; asking "hows the old lady?" or something similar is common. So hes asks that to make sure that Rick isn't aware of the situation.

Won't know for sure until they explain the things that happened while Rick was in that coma. Speaking of which... I found it weird that he fell into a coma after a gun shot wound to the side of his stomach... >.>;

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

I'm a few credits shy from my medical degree. But you can fall into a coma from sepsis can you not?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

The wound looked like it was around the top half of his torso, which could cause a pneumothorax. Lack of oxygen could throw him into a coma.

In the case that I didn't look right and it was near his stomach, his kidneys are there. Kidney damage can most certainly put somebody into a coma. Judging by the size of the bandage and where it was, I'm guessing it was actually the punctured lung thing.

And yes, sepsis can put you into a bacteria-induced coma. Generally by that point you would die though, even with antibacterial IVs.

aduidarnenye

Just watched the first two episodes. Seriously creepy shit. I've not seen slow zombies for a long while. All the zombie movies lately have been fast zombies, a la Resident Evil.

The first 30-40 minutes were really scary. Did not like all the foreboding shots and the scary creepy single zombies. The second episode was better with the hordes of zombies. I actually read someplace (I think Sam Harris) that you're more likely to care for a single person being hurt than a group of people being hurt for some weird evolutionary reason so that's probably why the later scenes were less scary.

About the hospital stuff. My family is full of medical people and they always complain about hospital scenes in TV and movies. The guy probably wouldn't have been in a coma from a gun shot wound because of loss of blood since they'd just put the blood back in. Also, when my husband was in the hospital for appendicitis his IV lines got choked up with blood the second the nurses accidentally let his IV go dry. Also, the dude would have been covered in urine and feces, not be clean. Finally, how on earth did he manage staying in a single room in an epidemic? They would have stuffed more patients in there with him. But, I suppose like all shows it's the idea and feeling they're going for, rather than reality.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Also, how did Will Smith upload a virus to an alien mothership, completely ridiculous!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And here we go

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

"He won't wake up"...seriously shouldn't that be a clue to what was going on? Glad some stuff came together in this episode too. Really been awesome so far, even if we're 3 episodes in so far.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Also, how did Will Smith upload a virus to an alien mothership, completely ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    And here we go
    No. No. You both shut the fuck up.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Mexican Gangbangers next week?... really? lol...

Vatos locos forever ese.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 467 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast