FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

w00t thanks man.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Not sure if we're supposed to still spoiler shit, so whatever.

Wasn't feeling this episode, especially since they cut out the part of how the group got back from Atlanta (City) to Camp after seeing the Rental/Moving truck gone from the railroad tracks. Did they fucking walk? I mean when the onslaught at camp begins, they're all walking up the hill?

Also, episode lost a lot of reality points for me @; "We're all eating fish and having a great time. I guess we should be more carefree tonight since a zombie entered our camp and was eating the flesh off a shot deer yesterday."

Pretty sure I'd be eating my fish from the highest tree that night, not around a brightly lit campfire.
    The group walked back. It was late afternoon when they walked out of the city and it took at least 3-4 hours judging by how dark it was when they reached camp, which means they could have covered 9-12 miles easily.

Complacency is inevitable when a group settles for to long in one place. They thought they were safe enough out of town and did not expect that many Walkers to show up at once. An occasional random Walker showing up was about as much as they expected. They were living without any sort of secure perimeter, no regular patrols nothing. That is what can happen when people crave the return to normalcy after the initial terror and stress of such an extreme survival situation.

Smaller groups will often keep more focus on survival their group was larger but lacked real leadership. Shane(the douche bag deputy) played at being the leader but did so by taking control but not educating people on procedures and tactics they should all use to stay alive. He acted like a deputy in that he would handle things and everyone else should stay back and do as they are told.

slightly off topic
    Spoiler: show

I read the book Death in the Long Grass when I was a kid. Its written by a guy who was a stock broker on Wall Street. He sold all his possessions and went to Africa to be a big game hunter and guide. He tells the stories of his famous hunts. Well, he would get hired to take down man killers. He could never understand how woman and children would be walking around acting like nothing was out of the ordinary even when a rogue leopard/lion/croc was on the loose and had killed 5 other villagers in the past 2-3 weeks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol

A. Body
    BG Level

And this is what I didn't get from the start, how do these people think it's safe to camp in the wild with no walls to block zombies out?

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    The group walked back. It was late afternoon when they walked out of the city and it took at least 3-4 hours judging by how dark it was when they reached camp, which means they could have covered 9-12 miles easily.

Complacency is inevitable when a group settles for to long in one place. They thought they were safe enough out of town and did not expect that many Walkers to show up at once. An occasional random Walker showing up was about as much as they expected. They were living without any sort of secure perimeter, no regular patrols nothing. That is what can happen when people crave the return to normalcy after the initial terror and stress of such an extreme survival situation.

Smaller groups will often keep more focus on survival their group was larger but lacked real leadership. Shane(the douche bag deputy) played at being the leader but did so by taking control but not educating people on procedures and tactics they should all use to stay alive. He acted like a deputy in that he would handle things and everyone else should stay back and do as they are told.
    It could have been Merle luring them as an "eff you for leaving me" also. The show is usually pretty good at giving an explanation, so we'll see what happens.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They're just too damned close to the city. They said it in the previous episode; the zombies were getting hungry from running out of food in the city. They should have left this place long ago.

The good news about this kind of apocalypse (rather than rage viruses like 24 days later and shit) is that these zombies are slow, shuffling zombies, and that this zombification isn't some airborne virus. Its entirely possible to live by simply moving from one camp to another, since the zombies rarely stick around in one place once their food sources (FLESH) are gone. These people could have kept moving from area to area, stopping at once-populated places to re-stock on non-perishable foodstuffs.

It looks like they're heading to the military outpost next episode, which is where I'd head as well. The zombies don't hang around a place once its been sacked of all life, so these people will likely meet little resistance. Move to an area, clear it out of the shuffling dead, eat and fortify the place, then move on when the food is gone. This is probably the "best case" of zombie apocalypse there is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

People have to die to become zombies, so it would stand to reason that the safest place to go would be a place where there were zero or at most a few humans. Really, deep in a forest or a ways up a mountain are both good locations for a camp.

What never ceases to amaze me is how slow people are to react when the walkers are around. Amy stood there for a good couple of seconds after the walker had grabbed her arm and she made no attempt to pull it back or push the thing away. Same with Ed and the ones that got him. To be fair, I'm sure there's quite a bit of shock involved in this kind of situation, but it still feels like people are dying like bitches.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Because after Atlanta was overrun the zombies all stayed in the city. When they found the one eating the deer, they made a clear point of how strange an occurrence it was. Also, while they didn't have what anyone would call a "secure perimeter," they did have some pots on strings around the camp to make noise if any zombies got close, which presumably means someone disabled them and someone herded the zombies at the camp.

edit: lot of replies since I started the post, that was @ GRT

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    And this is what I didn't get from the start, how do these people think it's safe to camp in the wild with no walls to block zombies out?
    Well, if there are no walls available then they should have camped on high ground, in a clearing, away from the woods. With the number of people they had they should have had 4 guards/lookouts on duty at all times especially through the night. The Walkers stumbled through the cover of the woods and were on top of them before anyone noticed.

I never read the comics, but if Merle somehow managed to heard that many Walkers there, well he is the Zombie King or something.

Banned.

BG Level

I realized this episode that Carol is the battered wife and her daughter is Sofia. Bit disappointed with that choice for the character as in the comic she was a bitter chattier and chipper, and I expected her to be more pretty and not older looking and sullen. Not sure where they intend on going with this and if the story arc about her relationship with Tyreese and her attempts at a polygamous relationship with Rick and Lori. I can't understand why they changed her character so much like that.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Good episode but I gotta say...

I was so mad at the Hispanic dudes during the first half of the episode. It was like so stereotypical.. Then that happens and I'm like "wut? gangbanging nurses huh? I don't buy it but ok lol". Dude brought up a good point though; in survival situations you run into the worst kinds of people. Can't trust anybody.

Also when the Hispanic guy was shot with the crossbow... I think that might have been an arrow recently pulled out of a zombie.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I gotta say this show is miles above the comic book. I expect incoming hater posts but the comic was such a chore to read, I had to skip past alot of it to get to the interesting parts. The new things the TV show has added are great.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    I gotta say this show is miles above the comic book. I expect incoming hater posts but the comic was such a chore to read, I had to skip past alot of it to get to the interesting parts. The new things the TV show has added are great.
    Gonna start with I hate you.

Show is good, but comic is better. Show is forced to put in stupid shit like the gang-banging nurses just to make each episode have a designated conflict whereas the comic could focus more on character development. The American public is too focused on action - all book to TV series conversions suffer from this same plague.

It's the same reason why they put Merle in. He's a dumb character, only an idiot would believe him, and he didn't even exist in the comics. He's completely unnecessary except to serve as a good conflict for the episodes. Why didn't they just have Nick head back to town for the guns? Was it really necessary to create this neo-Nazi prick and have a whole side-plot just to save him, when they should have just shot him in the head to begin with (I mean let's be honest, there are certain types of people you don't want in your group during the zombie apocalypse - people that put everyone at risk and Merle is one of those types).

Also (comic spoiler):

When the fuck are they going to kill Shane!? The zombies just attacked camp so that means they are going to have to leave now and Shane is still alive. But he's supposed to be dead before they do that - so I'm seeing a huge issue coming here. If Shane is still around when they get to the housing development (forgot the name) and the prison there's going to be some awkward shit going down.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Merle theory tying in with comic
    I'm betting they're setting Merle up to be the Governor later. Hand for hand anyone? Which means his brother is gonna buy it before then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Gonna start with I hate you.

Show is good, but comic is better. Show is forced to put in stupid shit like the gang-banging nurses just to make each episode have a designated conflict whereas the comic could focus more on character development. The American public is too focused on action - all book to TV series conversions suffer from this same plague.

It's the same reason why they put Merle in. He's a dumb character, only an idiot would believe him, and he didn't even exist in the comics. He's completely unnecessary except to serve as a good conflict for the episodes. Why didn't they just have Nick head back to town for the guns? Was it really necessary to create this neo-Nazi prick and have a whole side-plot just to save him, when they should have just shot him in the head to begin with (I mean let's be honest, there are certain types of people you don't want in your group during the zombie apocalypse - people that put everyone at risk and Merle is one of those types).

Also (comic spoiler):

When the fuck are they going to kill Shane!? The zombies just attacked camp so that means they are going to have to leave now and Shane is still alive. But he's supposed to be dead before they do that - so I'm seeing a huge issue coming here. If Shane is still around when they get to the housing development (forgot the name) and the prison there's going to be some awkward shit going down.
    Been a while since I read the Comics but doesn't Shane get killed during an argument with Rick? Rick's wee kid shoots him doesn't he?

It's pretty obvious they need to move the camp now and there's bound to be some sort of argument in the next 2 episodes that will lead to Shane getting his. Guessing some sort of power struggle between Rick and Shane that goes south.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Not sure if we're supposed to still spoiler shit, so whatever.
    I don't see any need to spoiler discussion about the show, especially after it has aired.
    The events in the comics that the show hasn't caught up to yet need to be spoilered.
    If we spoiler both the show and the comics then people that are looking for discussion about the show will get spoilered by the comic discussion spoilers by accident.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Merle theory tying in with comic
    I'm betting they're setting Merle up to be the Governor later. Hand for hand anyone? Which means his brother is gonna buy it before then too.
    hmm would be interesting, but I don't think they're doing things exactly like the comic. the author said in the mail portion at the end of an issue that the show will deviate so that comic fans wouldn't know what was coming.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    I don't see any need to spoiler discussion about the show, especially after it has aired.
    The events in the comics that the show hasn't caught up to yet need to be spoilered.
    If we spoiler both the show and the comics then people that are looking for discussion about the show will get spoilered by the comic discussion spoilers by accident.
    agreed sir. i udnerstand some people enter the thread that havent seen the latest to look for a link but thats a chance they will have to take. otherwise just too much spoiler everywhere.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Does the comic pick up? Read the first two, was boring as shit =\

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 467 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast