Closed Thread
Page 16 of 467 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

No. The entire series is boring as shit and isn't enjoyable in the least. Nobody ever liked it ever and the only reason that its become so successful is because of a conspiracy of people lying to other people about how good they think it is.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Spoiler: show
    hmm would be interesting, but I don't think they're doing things exactly like the comic. the author said in the mail portion at the end of an issue that the show will deviate so that comic fans wouldn't know what was coming.
    That either sucks, or is totally awesome and I can't figure it out yet.

Kirkman did also say he was rushed to killed Shane in the comic for some extreme drama so they planned on "really fleshing out the Shane story". I can't imagine they'd have Shane, Tyreese, and Rick all around at the same time though. They're likely going to introduce a new character to be what Carol is not. I can't imagine current Carol hooking up with an ex-football player.

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post

Kirkman did also say he was rushed to killed Shane in the comic for some extreme drama so they planned on "really fleshing out the Shane story". I can't imagine they'd have Shane, Tyreese, and Rick all around at the same time though. They're likely going to introduce a new character to be what Carol is not. I can't imagine current Carol hooking up with an ex-football player.
    Agreed.

After tonights episode I really just gave up on spending any more time trying to compare the book's timeline with this one that has been recreated for the show. I think that if I continue to do that i will just get frustrated. Character changes like Carol's may still bug me though, and for a split second when they first confronted the Mexican Nurse Leader I thought the hostage kid called him Governor. I was all set to rage.

I don't think we see the Governor this season, possibly not even until middle of next.

If i had to guess I would say that this season MIGHT end with Shane getting shot (be interesting if they switch up who ends up doing it though and it isn't Carl.)

Who shot J.R. ... err Shane?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Comic is shit; the show is excellent.

NEED MOAR

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    If i had to guess I would say that this season MIGHT end with Shane getting shot (be interesting if they switch up who ends up doing it though and it isn't Carl.)
    This is the one thing in the comics that I really, really hope they don't change. It would change the entire tone of the series, IMHO, if Carl doesn't kill Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post

This is the one thing in the comics that I really, really hope they don't change. It would change the entire tone of the series, IMHO, if Carl doesn't kill Shane.
    True but...

You KNOW how Kirkman likes to just fuck you straight in the face with his plot twists... so if he has any control over the series at all I wouldn't put it past them to make a HUGE break like that.

Would I be happy about it? No. I just wouldn't be surprised though.

I really don't understand how people are bored by the comic. I think that it is slow at first, but it was all very smart character development, and once it takes off... goddamn it takes off. Once Kirkman hits you with that first plotline punch to the gut, you are forever creeping around each comic never knowing what he is going to do on the next page. The guy is a total asshole, and I love him.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Vato angle took a huge turn that i did not expect

Love this show. Too bad season is ending soon.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Now that I think about it, when Rick went back to Atlanta to dig up and kill Shane again did he also do the same for Amy and Jim? Maybe I don't remember him doing it or it was just assumed that he did it afterwards but this seems like an oversight that he would show mercy to Shane but not the others.

I'm betting they're setting Merle up to be the Governor later. Hand for hand anyone?
    That's an interesting take, but I'd rather not see that happen for one reason, his daughter. I really don't want to see this show pussified by writing out all of the things that happen to/by the children in the series. We've already seen the brother-killing twins not introduced or edited out, Carl doesn't save his mother during the attack on the RV that killed Amy and if Carl doesn't shoot Shane, Lori and the infant don't die, Carl doesn't get shot and the Gov's zombie daughter is written out by substituting the childless Merle then I've lost a lot of respect for the show. After the first scene of the first episode where Rick kills a zombie kid at the gas station, I didn't think this would become a problem but now I'm starting to get a little worried. Shit happens during the apocalypse and it doesn't discriminate by age. I thought the comic handled this like no other story I've been exposed to and to see it written out so housewives don't write angry letters to AMC would be detrimental to the gritty, unapologetic universe they're trying to build. In this story nobody is safe but to have the show say "Nobody is safe over the age of 18- kids are invincible" is just shitty writing.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Wait are spoilers for the show or for the comic? I keep almost ruining stuff for myself by clicking spoilers thinking they are show related.

Most seem to be for the comic Zoob, so I would steer clear of them all to be safe.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    Most seem to be for the comic Zoob, so I would steer clear of them all to be safe.
    Thank you, i was about to click on a few. Lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post

Issue 70, I may have misinterpreted it, but seems like they want to keep it exciting for tv to keep the audience and keep it fresh so comic readers don't know all the twists.

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    Now that I think about it, when Rick went back to Atlanta to dig up and kill Shane again did he also do the same for Amy and Jim? Maybe I don't remember him doing it or it was just assumed that he did it afterwards but this seems like an oversight that he would show mercy to Shane but not the others.

That's an interesting take, but I'd rather not see that happen for one reason, his daughter. I really don't want to see this show pussified by writing out all of the things that happen to/by the children in the series. We've already seen the brother-killing twins not introduced or edited out, Carl doesn't save his mother during the attack on the RV that killed Amy and if Carl doesn't shoot Shane, Lori and the infant don't die, Carl doesn't get shot and the Gov's zombie daughter is written out by substituting the childless Merle then I've lost a lot of respect for the show. After the first scene of the first episode where Rick kills a zombie kid at the gas station, I didn't think this would become a problem but now I'm starting to get a little worried. Shit happens during the apocalypse and it doesn't discriminate by age. I thought the comic handled this like no other story I've been exposed to and to see it written out so housewives don't write angry letters to AMC would be detrimental to the gritty, unapologetic universe they're trying to build. In this story nobody is safe but to have the show say "Nobody is safe over the age of 18- kids are invincible" is just shitty writing.
    Jim's final wish was to be left near atlanta so he could "rejoin" his family. Can't find the guy when he's walking through town. Andrea shoots Amy in the head before she turns, was a bit of character thing for her she never wanted anyone to come back as a zombie.

I think the tv "allen/donna/billy/ben" are the hispanic family, as they have 2 kids I can't remember if both are boys or not.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    I don't see any need to spoiler discussion about the show, especially after it has aired.
    The events in the comics that the show hasn't caught up to yet need to be spoilered.
    If we spoiler both the show and the comics then people that are looking for discussion about the show will get spoilered by the comic discussion spoilers by accident.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this post. Maybe we should edit this into the opening post? Explain the spoiler policy for this thread? Or will nobody ever read the opening post again?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Or people could describe whats in the spoiler, whether it's a comic spoiler or not. But that was too hard for the Naruto thread tards, so I won't get my hopes up in this thread either.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I still instinctively click spoilers from time to time when I'm not really paying attention to what I'm doing, or forget which thread I'm in. My fault though, I agree with the whole spoiler for comics, open text for show plan.

Speaking of which, I really do love this show. 6 episodes and then a year+ break is going to be ridiculous

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Comic is shit; the show is excellent.
    NEED MOAR
    lol wut...

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Man, sucks that this will only last another 2 episodes. I've enjoyed it a ton.

It was kinda sad when:

Amy got munched, asshole wife-beater got what he deserved though... who was the third guy who got chomped? I must have missed him in the first two episodes.

Banned.

BG Level

For what it's worth, the story is still on par. It was after a zombie attack that Rick relents and starts teaching everyone how to use / carry guns, including Carl. So this whole next episode will likely be dedicated to all the training and Shane / Rick conflicts which should spill nicely into episode 6 and Carl killing Shane. I'd be pretty shocked in a bad way if it doesn't end perfectly like this.

aduidarnenye

I expect that fan reactions will result in a lot of changes from the comic book series as we go along. Look at Tru Blood after all. The book series and the TV series are completely divergent, after like just one season they were almost unrecognisable. Mostly because the fans liked or disliked this character or that one, or liked or disliked this or that plot line. If certain characters who die in the comic are well loved by the TV audience they'll probably survive.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I expect that fan reactions will result in a lot of changes from the comic book series as we go along. Look at Tru Blood after all. The book series and the TV series are completely divergent, after like just one season they were almost unrecognisable. Mostly because the fans liked or disliked this character or that one, or liked or disliked this or that plot line. If certain characters who die in the comic are well loved by the TV audience they'll probably survive.
    Yeah but the whole concept of the comic is that it was the point that people you became attached to died. The sudden anxiety and depth of loss is a major factor in the story, death is as much of a prevalent character as Rick is and each every person that eats it has a profound effect on how Rick makes decisions. He is evolutionary adaptation personified. I see what you're saying but Walking Dead is a whole other animal when it comes to plot and characters. I've never read a novel or comic where a characters demise was so sudden and impactful that I really had to understand it and come to terms.

I really feel like the majority of pulp we digest death is always foreshadowed and ominous and filled with such obvious anticipation that it's so commercially morbid we expect it like we expect a Pepsi commercial every fifteen minutes. I really have hope for the series with how they handled the zombie attack on camp and Amy's death, unfortunately you only got to see her through Andrea's eyes which is a bit of a shame because the attachment is by proxy ( this has positive and negative sides to it ).

Either way I can't really subscribe to the notion of plot change just because TV since death isn't really manufactured in the Walking Dead it just plain occurs wether you like it or not, which is something that paints the world they live in in very drab tones and makes it all the more horrific.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 467 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast