Closed Thread
Page 17 of 467 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    assburgers
    BG Level

I... completely agree with Finesse... what an odd turn of events.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I expect that fan reactions will result in a lot of changes from the comic book series as we go along. Look at Tru Blood after all. The book series and the TV series are completely divergent, after like just one season they were almost unrecognisable. Mostly because the fans liked or disliked this character or that one, or liked or disliked this or that plot line. If certain characters who die in the comic are well loved by the TV audience they'll probably survive.
    I agree with Finesse, I seriously doubt that just because of fan popularity that someone who was slated to die will be kept alive. The universe of The Walking Dead is harsh and unforgiving to EVERYONE. No one is safe from harm or death, literally. Characters are killed, tortured (mentally and physically), mutilated, raped, shot; you name it and it's probably happened to someone along the line, likely more than once. Everyone gets dealt a different shitty hand and everyone deals with it differently, it's the foundation of the story. The fact that they killed off the nicest piece of eye-candy on the show should have told you that just because they are popular doesn't make them safe from getting fucked up. If they handle the characters with kiddy-gloves then expect a huge uproar from the fans of the comic because at that point it just simply isn't The Walking Dead anymore.

aduidarnenye

I agree with you guys that that is how it should be done. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be advocating for the TV series to change the story that much. I just expect it will because TV audiences are dumber than comic book audiences. This is a super popular show. Middle-aged married mothers in my office who adore Twilight are addicted to The Walking Dead. That to me raises alarm bells about the source material.

I remember my first read of 'A Game of Thrones' in 1998 when
    Spoiler: show
    Eddard was killed off
    . I jumped up and started pacing around my apartment and had to wake up my boyfriend at the time just to tell him (and he hadn't read the book).

In other news, I watched episode four last night and then had not one but two zombie nightmares last night. This show is so good I can't resist watching it, but it does my head in. I really liked the gangbanging nurses. At first I was eye-rolling because it was so stereotypical but by the time the dude said he was the custodian I was laughing very hard. I'm really liking how in the last two episodes the character development has been really good and the zombies are taking a back seat. You don't usually get that in zombie material. Of course, I've never heard of a zombie TV series before and they have a lot more time to develop characters.

After the end of the third episode I was having long discussions on why Merle cut off his hand and not through the pipes. I kept thinking of the nerd rage that might result from that sort of silliness. Then in the first three minutes of episode four they explained it in a in-your-face kind of way which I thought was funny. Like they were telling off the nerds for being so capricious about the minute details.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be advocating for the TV series to change the story that much. I just expect it will because TV audiences are dumber than comic book audiences. This is a super popular show.
    I dont know if you watch AMC's other shows but Mad Men/Breaking Bad are pretty cavalier w/ killing off/getting rid of characters, often ones that are popular w/ fans. Obviously the average viewer of both shows is more high brow then that of The Walking Dead (based on your own accounts and my own experience w/ how many of my friends like those 2 shows vs nearly everybody liking this), but the network seems to be okay with letting them get rid of characters on those shows and that is usually the biggest impediment towards shows being able to kill people off (i.e. Heroes basically every season). So unless the show runners of the show drastically stray from the source material which is possible, the integrity of the source materials tone should be safe on AMC.

On that topic though, who is the person actually running the set when this is filmed? I assume its not Frank Darabont all the time and there hasn't been a constant name in the writer/directors listed for episodes 2-4 and that kind of worries me going forward.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I think I missed the explanation for Merle's stupidity. What did they say?

assburgers
    BG Level

Saw blade wasn't sharp enough for the bolt, so he did his hand in a hurry.

I'm wondering when they're gonna introduce Michonne.

I've always leaned towards the "grab a katana, run, be quiet" mentality myself when playing zombie RPG settings/dweebing out about real zombie apocalypses, so naturally I dug her from the start.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post

I'm wondering when they're gonna introduce Michonne.

I've always leaned towards the "grab a katana, run, be quiet" mentality myself when playing zombie RPG settings/dweebing out about real zombie apocalypses, so naturally I dug her from the start.
    Not sure if a spoiler tag is really necessary but I will anyways. Found this on Wikipedia:

Darabont, who wrote and directed the pilot, spoke of his plans to introduce fan favorite Michonne early on in the second season's run. He would also like to include some of the "environmental elements" that take place during Volume 2 of Kirkman's book

I wonder how this series will fare with a big gap. Hopefully the momentum will be good.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I never read the comics I feel like I totally missed out. That being said the show is fantastic. I was sad when Emma Bell got killed. She's pretty damn cute. But I'm totally expecting a lot more "main" characters to be killed off as the series progresses. My main concern is that the season is only six episodes. With a year off inbetween will they be able to keep the momentum going into the next season?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i only read the first 6 or so issues of this before the show came out, found it very meh. decided to pick up the rest over these last few days and holy fucking shit it rocked my world like 14 dozen times. every god damn issue i felt like i was getting hit in the head with a crowbar. sooo good

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Now that's an endorsement.

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm not a huge comic book person (I get bored fast), but I just read Walking Dead up to the current issue and loved it. Quite a few differences from the TV series. I'm really excited to see how the TV series evolves. I thought reading the comics would spoil the series for me, but it's done the opposite.

I never read the comic, but i've been watching the TV show obsessively, and it's easily one of my favourite shows currently airing, and I watch pretty much all of them.

This is working out detrimentally to my health, as I look forward to being able to download this show on monday mornings so much that for the last 3 weeks I have consistently had zombie related dreams every sunday night.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Anyone know of a decent stream of the 4th episode? Hoping to get caught up before the new one tomorrow night.

assburgers
    BG Level

They should show it before the premiere.

9:00 pm The Walking Dead Rick's mission to Atlanta is jeopardized; Jim becomes unhinged in camp.

10:00 pm The Walking Dead Rick leads the group to the CDC; Jim must make a life and death decision.
    http://movies.amctv.com/schedule/ind...ffset=0&day=28

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh cool, thanks.

BG Level

The CDC is in Bethesda, MD. Can they make it that far?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    The CDC is in Bethesda, MD. Can they make it that far?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centers...and_Prevention

First sentence.

BG Level

Sorry, I must have been thinking of a different organization. My bad.

edit: Yea, I was thinking of the NIH.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought the "you know what part" with rick and shane was gonna happen then. Maybe I'm thinking ahead a bit idk.
    I don't remember when "that" moments happens. I need to reread the comic again.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How'd the Winnebago start running again? Did I miss something or was that just an oversight?

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 467 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast