Closed Thread
Page 18 of 467 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    How'd the Winnebago start running again? Did I miss something or was that just an oversight?
    I assume the 2 guys who left got whatever it was they needed and came back. Then they fixed it and the left.

aduidarnenye

The French held out the longest. Just about died laughing.

Good episode. They really dragged out the re-death of Amy and poor Jim. But it was worth it.

Why was the scientist dude so crazy about the HAZMAT suit and all that when the virus wasn't airborne? I don't know anything about working on viruses.

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The last 15 mintues of the episode were pretty wtf

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    The French held out the longest. Just about died laughing.

Good episode. They really dragged out the re-death of Amy and poor Jim. But it was worth it.

Why was the scientist dude so crazy about the HAZMAT suit and all that when the virus wasn't airborne? I don't know anything about working on viruses.
    Probably standard procedure/habit (or to prevent himself from accidentally contaminating the samples).

aduidarnenye

Just found this on another site:

Xbox Achievement unlock:

Rick kills Leon, Xbox Achievement win:

You be the judge.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Anybody else reminded of desmond/john locke w/ the hatch lighting up in Season 1 of Lost by the last ~10min?

edit: and I can see the French holding out the longest in Europe, lots of NATO bases and shit in the country. As well as a police force/military trained and experienced with handling riots unlike our own national guard..

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Anybody else reminded of desmond/john locke w/ the hatch lighting up in Season 1 of Lost by the last ~10min?
    first thing i thought of. this shit better not turn into lost. now that i am up to date on the comics i have gone from loving the show to being bitter they arent following the story better.

As long as the show stays as good as it has been... I don't mind it becoming something new, something different from the comic. With the comic still going, it makes sense to me.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    first thing i thought of. this shit better not turn into lost. now that i am up to date on the comics i have gone from loving the show to being bitter they arent following the story better.
    Yeah, the ending had a very Lost feel to it. I've been reading a lot of comparisons to Lost in reviews. But then I saw someone in a comments section point out that the first comic came out a year before the first Lost episode.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Yeah, the ending had a very Lost feel to it. I've been reading a lot of comparisons to Lost in reviews. But then I saw someone in a comments section point out that the first comic came out a year before the first Lost episode.
    Lost has stolen from some of the best fiction/philosophy/pop culture has to offer, not a surprise they would take stuff from this. I think the only real difference is that Lost sought to placate our suspense/fear of the island w/ some of hte funniest banter/wise cracking I've ever seen.

I think thats in part whats drawing me to this show, unlike The Wire, Lost, or Breaking Bad which all cover pretty dark shit too, this show doesn't try to lighten the mood with banter or comedic situations, it just fucking shoves you into this awful situation and you have to deal with it.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    This.

and this

http://whatthehellbro.com/wtf.jpg

When they started showing the CDC bullshit I nerdraged so fucking harderer. This is re-fucking-tarded. What a rollercoaster episode. At first I thought they were going to boner the shit out of Andrea killing Amy, they drug that shit out too long but it was cool in the end. Then I thought they were going boner the shit out of Jim, but they nailed that scene from the comic. The part in the forest with Rick and Shane made me giddy as hell because I thought
    Spoiler: show
    they were going to be fucking awesome and have Carl kill Shane in ep 5, would have been fucking majorly epic. But they decided to have Dale catch him and now Dale is suspicious of Shane which in the comic he was already wary of him and told Rick to watch Shane early on. So that part from the comic is kinda back on track

All in all as a TV show it was a good episode, but as a fan of the comic they're really fucking this shit up very, very, very badly. I almost thought that when they left camp
    they would end up at the housing complex and get that out of the way to open the next season up at the farm
    . Again, not happy about this CDC shit. They were doing a great job tying up loose ends with the comic ( by also having the spanish family leave on top of everything else ) and they go and ruin a good thing. Motherfuckers. Piss shit cock fuck dick. Fucking gay.

If Shane doesn't die at the end of next weeks episode this show is done.

And you pissy bitch faggots that want to remark on that last one can suck a bloody cock.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I'm so glad I never read the comic. This series is great.

Also, the decontamination scene had airborne corrosives, and I'm guessing he took off his glove hastily because of how quickly it was corroding through to his skin.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

wtf

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    I'm so glad I never read the comic. This series is great.
    Same, don't give a flying fuck about the comic. As long as they keep this shit interesting I'll watch.

Oh yeah, if you haven't seen it you can check it out here.

Banned.

BG Level

I almost feel sorry for the poor saps that think they're being entertained by the typical TV plot concepts being used on the show. But it is TV and they have to pander to the mediocre, I guess the genius of the comic is too much for the dimwitted to take. Such a shame.

Or just accept that they're different mediums with different pros and cons.

Banned.

BG Level

What does medium have to do with following a storyboard? Nothing, besides you feeling sorry for yourself.

User was infracted for this post.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i came to this thread to hopefully just get a quick DL link of tonights episode but nooo i come here to this

this isnt for bitching about how stupid television audiences are. go to the jersey shore thread for that.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

<.< If this show weren't about Zombies, then I wouldn't have anything good to say about it. Both the acting and the story have been sub-par thus far.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just started reading the comic tonight. Its pretty fucking insane. I'm totally blown away.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 467 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast