Closed Thread
Page 57 of 467 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Been wondering the same but this whole season hasn't grabbed me very much. They're gonna leave us with some big cliff hanger next week and I wonder who is even gonna care. It better be hellagood, s'all I'm saying.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Dale was cool in the beginning but now he just needs to learn to mind his own fucking business. It just seems like the producers are doing everything in their power now to make sure the viewer hates every single character not named Rick/Glenn/Daryl.

Hope something epic happens next week because this pace is fucking horrendous compared to the awesome that was season one.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I do hope to see some epicness next week. It has been a bit slow but I've enjoyed it. I want to see them feed just about all the women to the walkers in the barn then go get a beer.

aduidarnenye

I also really liked Dale at the beginning of the show. He seemed to be headed towards the wise old guru dude type, but now he's sticking his head in everyone's business instead of taking care of business and letting them come to him. I think Andrea+Dale would have worked better than Andra+Shane though. It would have been more interesting at least.

I don't know what was going through their heads when they decided to stretch the Lost Sophia storyline through at least six episodes.

I found Lori to be more likable in this episode. At least her motivation was better presented. The only stupid thing was her reluctance to allow Carl to learn to shoot a gun. She's from the South so she would have been at least familiar with boys learning to shoot, plus there's a full scale zombie apocalypse going on and she's well aware Rick and her can't protect Carl all of the time.

Needed more Darryl. I suppose we can't have two back-to-back awesome Darryl episodes though.

How did the farm remain so zombie free? Maggie seems so unfamiliar with zombies. Surely she would have come across zombies during her scavenging trips before the group got there. I just don't believe that that particular farm is free of zombies while there are big herds of zombies walking around. A group would have walked into them at some point. Unless they're in a protected valley or something and they've just not mentioned that. So many cows in those fields, that's zombie food right there. And how is Herschel feeding those cows? Even if they're grass fed for a couple of months, they're going to starve very quickly in the winter.

Also, how long has it been since the beginning of the zombie outbreak? Months? Weeks?

How long has it been since the beginning of season one? A few weeks? Over a month?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Anyways, so if Rick didn't know that Lori was pregnant... wtf did the CDC dude tell him? That he caught Shane and Lori on camera? Cause he apparently knew about that. Were there traces of the infection in his blood work? Seriously fuckin plot hole.
    It's a little early to start calling it a plothole; my guess is that's what we'll found out next week or at the end of the second season which will then give us another cliffhanger that stretches the first season.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Dale is cool but I feel like sometimes he really should just mind his own.

Anyways, so if Rick didn't know that Lori was pregnant... wtf did the CDC dude tell him? That he caught Shane and Lori on camera? Cause he apparently knew about that. Were there traces of the infection in his blood work? Seriously fuckin plot hole.
    WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!!! So clever!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Given their hesitance to kill walkers or even call them walkers, I would imagine none of them have any real zombie-killing experience.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye
    Morning after pill isn't an abortion pill. Won't do a damned thing for her. They just stop implantation, not cause miscarriages.
    This occurred to me, too. Maybe Lori doesn't realize this, but someone (likely Maggie) could have pointed it out to her. Or maybe she thought taking a ton of them would do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye
    I don't know what was going through their heads when they decided to stretch the Lost Sophia storyline through at least six episodes.
    The Search for Sophia (TM) is simply a plot device to keep them at the farm while they deal with other issues, as well as get characters off by themselves and in pairs to further plot development (and humping). Without it, Herschel would have kicked them out and told them to get gone as soon as Carl was on his feet, and they would just be back in one long car caravan. Which, although it sounds more interesting than having a base camp at the farm, it probably really isn't much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze
    I might go back and rewatch that scene again, but I kind of think he did know, but was just playing dumb. She accused him of keeping secrets in that same episode, and he got pissed. Partly, I figured, because he knew the one she was keeping. I think he was just waiting for her to tell him, and is pissed as all hell that she decided to end it without talking to him about it. He knew about the Shane affair but didn't say anything about it, he could easily have done the same thing about the pregnancy. He figured it would be better coming from her, rather than him telling her she was pregnant.

Or maybe it could just be the four beers I had last night before watching the show.

aduidarnenye

What did Jenner say?

A) He told Rick there is no infection and he has no idea what is causing the zombies. This implies an "Act of God", but that doesn't mean anything because an Act of God could reverse it as well.
    B) There is an infection and everyone has it and is doomed and there is no cure.
    C) They've been cut off completely from civilized areas and completely abandoned to their own devices and will probably die.
    D) Jenner wants Rick to find someone/something for him.
    E) There is a cure, it's in France, and there's no way to get it, but there is still hope.
    F) Jenner's not got a fucking clue what's going on and there's no hope.

Any more?

I'm good with not learning until the end of this season but I will be pissed if they don't reveal it at some point this season. That should not be a multiple cross season plot point.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i haven't gotten more than halfway through the comics so i don't know if this was brought up yet but i have been assuming it was either that Lori was pregnant (which i now don't think is what Jenner said) or B. so i'm going to go with B.

it makes the story that much more miserable, which is a plus

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by rezn0r View Post
    i haven't gotten more than halfway through the comics so i don't know if this was brought up yet but i have been assuming it was either that Lori was pregnant (which i now don't think is what Jenner said) or B. so i'm going to go with B.

it makes the story that much more miserable, which is a plus

The Walking Dead at its core is a story for human survival and how much we as a species can withstand. In a sense, it is hope.

Also Jenner didnt exist in the comics, just saying.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

carl up and about is just about the most ridiculous thing i've seen ever.... how many days has it been since he was shot? 6 or 7 TOPS????

aside from that nonsense the ep was cool, loved the dale vs shane scene. shane is just fucking NUTS cant wait to see where that all goes. next week should be good even though i was expecting barn drama this week i should have known they would stretch that out as well.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    The Walking Dead at its core is a story for human survival and how much we as a species can withstand. In a sense, it is hope.

Also Jenner didnt exist in the comics, just saying.
    i realize this, i'm up past
    Spoiler: show
    the jail

somewhere. i just meant if it was actually stated at some point in the comic that "you are coming back as a walker regardless of how you die" i didn't know of it yet, and it would be pretty cool if that is what got dumped onto rick's shoulders as he fled the CDC

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I might go back and rewatch that scene again, but I kind of think he did know, but was just playing dumb. She accused him of keeping secrets in that same episode, and he got pissed. Partly, I figured, because he knew the one she was keeping. I think he was just waiting for her to tell him, and is pissed as all hell that she decided to end it without talking to him about it. He knew about the Shane affair but didn't say anything about it, he could easily have done the same thing about the pregnancy. He figured it would be better coming from her, rather than him telling her she was pregnant.

Or maybe it could just be the four beers I had last night before watching the show.
    Just rewatched that scene and what I took from that is that didn't know Rick anything. He commented on Glenn knowing before he did (picking up the pills) and questioned how long she knew. Then when she mentions Shane, his response was a bit hard to read but he just seems defeated by the situation and decided to rationalize her actions instead... Not sure really.

But if you remember in the 1st episode of this season, Rick was relaying his last message to Morgan. In that message he starts going into what Jenner told him but said that it didn't matter and they were gonna move on, assuming he was about to share what Jenner whispered to him it's a bit unlikely that he would even think to share that with Morgan considering all they had just been through.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I don't know why people keep bringing up the lack of walkers on the farm. It's already been said in a few episodes that there is a gate they go through, the fence around the property keeps them out for the most part. Sure, there's probably a hole in the fence some where, but it's not far fetched to imagine that in a large area protected by a fence that a herd isn't going to just come walking up out of nowhere for no reason at all, in fact I'd be pissed if one did.

Thus far, the zombies has pretty much taken the path of least resistance, making no an effort to do anything like climb over a fence unless there's food on the other side.

Loved the first season, and watched a couple of the first episodes of this season, and I'm beyond disappointed. I don't know how you guys watch this melodrama, but I tried to get back into it and was able to make it through 5 minutes of the latest episode before I gave up. I keep seeing people posting that "it's closer to the comics now", but I don't see that as a valid justification for ruining a great show TBH.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'll agree...if I wanted a soap opera I'd watch one. Less drama between characters I (and apparently many other people) don't care about would be appreciated, and filling that hole with more zombie action.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'll agree...if I wanted a soap opera I'd watch one. Less drama between characters I (and apparently many other people) don't care about would be appreciated, and filling that hole with more zombie action.
    I completely agree. As mentioned before, we definitely need away from the farm. While it be more realistic for them to remain there, it doesn't make for a good story...

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I have a feeling they're going to leave us hanging with them departing the farm with no real place to go at this point. I think that would make a good mid season break at least, since it would hopefully wrap up any nonsense left that needs resolve and get them moving again.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    What did Jenner say?
    B) There is an infection and everyone has it and is doomed and there is no cure.
    I don't see this being the case...
    Spoiler: show
    like it was in the comics...

because the dude in the truck that Carl got the blades off of on the road was obviously dead and I'm pretty sure if he was a zombie, why would he have been sitting in the truck starving to death?

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 467 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast