Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm fine with someone going by a nickname.. even though T-dog is a silly nickname. Sometimes people just are more known by their nickname then their real name. Id expect my dad for example to still be called Sparky by most everyone still.

As for Lori.. even givin the circimstances bitch does move fast...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    The character who turned in the comic (Jim) was a mechanic, and we did see him last night when he was helping Dale work on the RV.
    Totally missed that. I was more focused on Lori telling Dale to watch her kid, then the next time we see him he's got his head buried under the hood.

In the books they were also college roomates
    The way I remember it, they were sisters in the comic too. I though Andrea was picking Amy up from school and on their way back they broke down and Dale and his wife picked them up.

Lots of characters in the background here. Kind of like the background castaways from Lost, it's hard to tell how many there are at this point, and whether we're missing any important characters or not. I don't think we've seen Dixon's brother yet, but he's obviously there. Others could be too.
    I thought that too at first, but you'd think we'd at least see the kids playing together? I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

I think there's at least some chance it might have gone on before Z-day, too. They seem awfully intimate to be getting it on considering it's been a month or so since her husband died. At the same time, who's to say how people might behave in such a situation. Lori has every reason to believe she's a widow, and a single mother might find any source of protection to be highly attractive in that crisis environment. I liked how the comic did it; they had one night in a moment of weakness; the relationship seems to have fast forwarded for drama's sake.
    I like how the comic did it too, just a moment of vulnerability instead of this sustained relationship. I was more accepting of it then when you could more seriously say that it was a single weak in-the-heat-of-the-moment thing when the world was falling down around them and Shane was there to save the day. Face down in the grass after tossing away a symbol of the love between her and Rick I'm less accepting of. I just don't understand how being recently turned a widow during the apocalypse where there's life-threatening danger around every corner which she not only has to protect herself but also her only child is making her horny. Your point about them cheating prior to all this I think explains the ease of the transition for her between Rick and Shane and would be an interesting add to the story.

I'm thinking more and more that this season is going to end with Carl killing Shane. At least I hope he still kills Shane; having just about any other result would create a vast difference in story tone that I don't want to see.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. This was an event that is too important to rewrite.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aru
    The way I remember it, they were sisters in the comic too. I though Andrea was picking Amy up from school and on their way back they broke down and Dale and his wife picked them up.
    You might be right. Now I'll have to go back and read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aru
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. This was an event that is too important to rewrite.
    I sure hope not. That is probably the one thing in the entire story (well, the first 48 issues, which is where I've read to) that I think is most important to not change.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I like this show but I'm not liking the way the zombies behave -- it's inconsistent. Sometimes they're running, sometimes they're slow. They can use crude tools or grab things as if they have intelligence (see: the bear in the pilot's opening scene). They can work together to accomplish tasks (shaking the fence to knock it down) and climb. Plus I read on the wiki that any person who dies becomes a zombie, even if they hadn't been bitten? Granted, I haven't read the comic, but these aren't the zombies I'm used to. They're far too smart to fit the archetype, and it's turning me off to the show even though it really shouldn't.

admin: spoilered the spoiling shit

Skirkle, spoiler this shit what the fuck are you doing? Who cares if you've read ahead and your not amused just don't give away fine details to others

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skirkle View Post
    I like this show but I'm not liking the way the zombies behave -- it's inconsistent. Sometimes they're running, sometimes they're slow. They can use crude tools or grab things as if they have intelligence (see: the bear in the pilot's opening scene). They can work together to accomplish tasks (shaking the fence to knock it down) and climb. Plus I read on the wiki that any person who dies becomes a zombie, even if they hadn't been bitten? Granted, I haven't read the comic, but these aren't the zombies I'm used to. They're far too smart to fit the archetype, and it's turning me off to the show even though it really shouldn't.
    I wouldn't say knocking over the fence was them working together, more so, just a whole bunch of them gathered in one spot pushing over some crappy fence. It's also hard to tell whether or not the zombies can run in the comic (more like jogging in the show) due to the panel-by-panel nature of it. But they sort of cover the intelligence question in the comic.

Comic Spoilers

It seems some of the zombies are at least a bit smarter than the others. What causes this is up to debate but they definitely mention this.
    http://i52.tinypic.com/28gtlpz.jpg

As far as becoming a zombie without being bitten...

apparently what causes people to turn is a virus/bacteria that (as far as we know) everyone one has contracted at some point and that manifests after the person has died. People that die from being bit are just dieing from the infection the bite causes (being bit by a rotten corpse full of germs / lack of proper medical care / etc). Some people have even been saved after being bit by having the limb amputated.

Man fuck this show.

I have to wait a whole goddamn week for the next episode? I want moar now...

It is something special though. If this doesn't get a second series it'll be a crime.

Should go back and re-read the comics.
    Does it pick up in the Prison? I stopped reading after they set up shop and whats-her-face let herself get munched on by the captive zombie since I though the pace had slowed to a crawl and I was losing interest.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They aren't using higher intelligence, and it is consistent, they are just doing things any mob can do. Knocking down a lame fence? Easy when you have a few dozen people knocking into it. They obviously need a way to differentiate between dead people and live people, and just like the animal kingdom they use sight and smell, not a big deal there either.

Some can use some crude tools, which isn't a big deal since many animals in the world can do the same. It also makes sense that some are more capable then others depending on the level of dead they are (as seen with the zombie wife trying to open the door), as obviously people missing half their brain are going to be less capable then those with all of it.

Honestly too many of you are making a big deal out of nothing, as all of this is easily explained if you just think of the dead as another animal on the planet. If they didn't have some level of consciousness or instinct, they wouldn't even move toward food as readily as they do, they'd just wander aimlessly until they died or rotted away.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Edit: Gdi, beaten ^

Wait what? Regarding the zombies being able to walk up/down stairs, they can. Remember the first episode w/ the black couple? The wife managed to get to the peephole where the sheriff was standing. Also, I wouldn't call it "deductive reasoning" or "reasoning" at all. I just see them as animals that just want to eat some slithering around like the woman @ the park and others using meta-tools (like some animals).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    Comic Spoilers

It seems some of the zombies are at least a bit smarter than the others. What causes this is up to debate but they definitely mention this.
    http://i52.tinypic.com/28gtlpz.jpg

Sounds a lot like part of World War Z which.. if anyone hasn't read..should.

Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    I wouldn't say knocking over the fence was them working together, more so, just a whole bunch of them gathered in one spot pushing over some crappy fence. It's also hard to tell whether or not the zombies can run in the comic (more like jogging in the show) due to the panel-by-panel nature of it. But they sort of cover the intelligence question in the comic.

Comic Spoilers

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/28gtlpz.jpg[/IMG]

I fucking love Kirkman's writing. He may not be an Ellis or a Moore, but I love his ability to 'wtf' you.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
    Wait what? Regarding the zombies being able to walk up/down stairs, they can. Remember the first episode w/ the black couple? The wife managed to get to the peephole where the sheriff was standing.
    That was not in the comic, which was the whole point of me bringing it up. In the comic many of the zombies are much more docile and, to some extent, more dull whereas in the show they seem to be a bit smarter with higher motor skills. Why would they do this? Probably because it makes them more dangerous, making encounters more tense and enjoyable to watch in full motion as opposed to cell by cell drawings. Is there any substantial effect on the story by changing this? I don't think so, shouldn't make much difference either way for plot purposes. Who knows, as the show continues the zombies might just get dumber and dumber to be more in line with the original story. I was just bringing up one of the differences between the show and the source material for discussion.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    That was not in the comic, which was the whole point of me bringing it up. In the comic many of the zombies are much more docile and, to some extent, more dull whereas in the show they seem to be a bit smarter with higher motor skills. Why would they do this? Probably because it makes them more dangerous, making encounters more tense and enjoyable to watch in full motion as opposed to cell by cell drawings. Is there any substantial effect on the story by changing this? I don't think so, shouldn't make much difference either way for plot purposes. Who knows, as the show continues the zombies might just get dumber and dumber to be more in line with the original story. I was just bringing up one of the differences between the show and the source material for discussion.
    makes a better tv show for a wider audience, then once they hook the viewers they can scale it down.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Is there any word on how much this costs per episode? It has to be more expensive then Breaking Bad which already is pretty expensive for a cable drama @2-3mill an episode

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Second season green lit, and this time it's a 13-episode season.

Booyah.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Dude fuckin his partners wife is gonna get it at some point.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wooooooo. Fuckin awesome.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Is there any word on how much this costs per episode? It has to be more expensive then Breaking Bad which already is pretty expensive for a cable drama @2-3mill an episode
    I haven't seen any numbers. Ratings have broken AMC records, though, so even if it does cost more per episode it may still pay off.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    I haven't seen any numbers. Ratings have broken AMC records, though, so even if it does cost more per episode it may still pay off.
    Fox paid for the foreign rights which supposedly covered the production costs.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Anybody else noticed this? When the sheriff checked the zombie's wallet before chopping it off, he said 'he died w/ 28 dollars in his pocket.' Coincidence?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 467 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast