Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Man, when is their streak of awesome shows gonna end? Cannot wait for this to satisfy my AMC cravings for just a bit longer now that theres no moar Mad Men/Rubicon

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

haven't heard much talk of rubicon, nor gotten around to watching it myself

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

If you enjoy the quiet moments of BrBa and Mad Men in general youll like it. Protagonist is very much in the Don Draper/Walter White model of having prodigious talent/being an outsider. Fair warning though, I can't speak for the whole show b/c I still need to catch up w/ the 2nd half of it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i've been downloading it, i made a list way back when of shows to get every week, just haven't gotten around to watching it

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Seen every episode of Rubicon and i love it as much as Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

It takes a while to pick up and build but every character is interesting in their own way.

Also, i couldn't even tell that Rick and Morgan are brits. They pulled off the southern accents quite well without being over the top.

E. Body
    BG Level

Damn, awesome show! Just proves the fact that I'm not too old for scary shit, they've just sucked a lot lately.

Spoiler: show
    The part in the fire stairs was fucking intense, kept waiting for something to happen.

I just wish that
    they didn't have the drama of the ex-partner now with the coma dude's wife ;/

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

The atmosphere for this show is amazing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Had high expectations with Darabont heading it up and it surpassed it. I hate zombies and I had post-apocalyptic bullshit, but that was fucking awesome.

Never read the comic, are the black kid and his father recurring characters? That entire scene with him in the window looking down at his wife was so

assburgers
    BG Level

That part (looking at her through the crosshairs/breaking down) got my gf all teary eyed.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    Had high expectations with Darabont heading it up and it surpassed it. I hate zombies and I had post-apocalyptic bullshit, but that was fucking awesome.

Never read the comic, are the black kid and his father recurring characters? That entire scene with him in the window looking down at his wife was so
    They show up again way later in the comic....
    The kid got bit and turned into a zombie, and the dad keeps him chained up in the basement.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Thought the pacing was a little slow, not that that's all bad. Don't want the series to catch up to the comic any time soon.
    Was a bit disappointed that they cut the scene of Rick breaking down/vomiting on the side of the road just after seeing the 1/2 zombie in the park. Although they did somewhat make up for it when he made it back into his house.
    For some reason I thought that the visuals would be more drowned out/desaturated than they were. Doesn't make much difference either way though.
    Do tanks really have hatches in the bottom of them like that? Seems like a weak point if they were ever to roll over a land mine. Still made for an interesting scene though.

Anyway, those minor and mostly inconsequential complaints aside, overall it was a fantastic opening. I really thought they conveyed how completely desolate the world has become. Only 3 living people in the whole town, bodies piled up everywhere, giving thanks to a meal which was just warm slop, just taking a hot shower was cause for celebration.
    I agree with the above posters about Morgan targeting his wife and walking down the fire stairs. Great scenes, even though I know what's going to happen, the fact that they are making minor changes here and there keeps some of the suspense up. I really thought that they were going to have a zombie pop up in Rick's face each time he struck a new match walking down those stairs.

I also want to urge people to please keep comic discussions inside spoilers. I don't mean to stifle the discussion, but having one thread for the comic and show will ruin the story for those just watching the TV series if we don't keep this stuff tagged.

As for where this season will end...
    I'm pretty sure they'll leave off on a cliff hanger of who shot Shane. There's only 5 hour-long episodes left, iirc, which is only around 3 hours and 45 minutes of actual programming. I can't see them getting much farther than that. There's no way they are getting as far as the prison, remember there's also the farm sub-plot too when Carl gets shot and the farmer has undead stored up in his barn, not to mention the endless driving around in the RV living nomadicly scavenging and the attempt to settle in some houses before giving up after some people were killed and heading back on the road. That's half a season, if not more, before we get to the prison. I honestly don't think we'll see anything of the prison until season 3. I think the prison was the highlight of the series, so far at least, and I can't wait to see it as well, but there's still a lot of story to go through before we get to it that I don't want to see skipped either.

assburgers
    BG Level

Yeah, many tanks have hatches, the hull isn't where a mine would detonate, and it's armored. I don't think an M1A1 has been lost to a landmine, I'm pretty sure I recall hearing stories of them getting rounds from anti-tank guns wedged in between the turret and the hull, so the crew got out and pounded the round out with a hammer. The tank wouldn't have cared, except it jammed the rotation mechanism.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

from <redacted>

assburgers
    BG Level

Your sig sums it up perfectly.

Banned.

BG Level

Was really, really, really incredibly happy with how this turned out. Darabont nailed it so hard he may have knocked AIDS out of a coupla million thai hookers.

Shame it's only running for 6 episodes this season. Hopefully we won't have to wait until next Halloween for season 2. This would be incredibly lame.

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    As for where this season will end...
    I'm pretty sure they'll leave off on a cliff hanger of who shot Shane. There's only 5 hour-long episodes left, iirc, which is only around 3 hours and 45 minutes of actual programming. I can't see them getting much farther than that. There's no way they are getting as far as the prison, remember there's also the farm sub-plot too when Carl gets shot and the farmer has undead stored up in his barn, not to mention the endless driving around in the RV living nomadicly scavenging and the attempt to settle in some houses before giving up after some people were killed and heading back on the road. That's half a season, if not more, before we get to the prison. I honestly don't think we'll see anything of the prison until season 3. I think the prison was the highlight of the series, so far at least, and I can't wait to see it as well, but there's still a lot of story to go through before we get to it that I don't want to see skipped either.
    I'm gonna say it will reveal that Carl shot Shane, and that will cover season 2 up until and to the housing complex, maybe even the escaping of the complex. That way they have the whole arc of Carl becoming a little billy badass and not wasting time on a whodunit. Season 2 has enough ground to cover with the exodus, the long winter, introducing the black guy and his daughter and her boyfriend and them finding the complex. The farm and the intro to the prison ( the could cover season 3. But Darabont did say he planned on going outside of the material from time to time to expand on the universe, I just hope he doesn't fuck with the canon at all. ( He also did say he's really eager to introduce Michelle, and thinking about it now the prison sequence was a really long arc starting with the convicts, people going back to the farm, the President and the war. That alone could easily cover two seasons )

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by The Finesse View Post
    Was really, really, really incredibly happy with how this turned out. Darabont nailed it so hard he may have knocked AIDS out of a coupla million thai hookers.

Shame it's only running for 6 episodes this season. Hopefully we won't have to wait until next Halloween for season 2. This would be incredibly lame.
    Yeah uh, its AMC, since they go by the HBO model of making tv, dont expect anything until 12+ months from now. If they stick w/ this at 10pm it probably wont be back on until ~26 weeks after July 2011 (Breaking Bad + Mad Men seasons), ofc given the awesome ratings they can use it as a lead in for either show @9pm so they can enjoy viewers in addition to emmy bling.. which might bring it back sooner but I have a hard time imagining this @ 9pm given that its a gory show about zombies (honestly how was it not TV-MA?)

So probably a long wait inc.

edit: just checked wiki, in addition to The Killing which was advertised during Walking Dead, AMC has another original series due in 2011, this probably explains the delay for Breaking Bad since it usually has a March start, so that will prob keep this from coming back sooner as well. But I guess good news for folks like me and Alderaan, 2011 will bring us new episodes of AMC shows every Sunday!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The produce, Gale Hurd, said the plan was to expand to 13 episode seasons in the future. Doesn't mean it's coming back sooner or anything, but at least more eps, ideally.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Yeah, BrBa also had a shorter order for S1 even before the writers strike, its probably cause of how much money BrBa and this show must cost to produce per episode, network needs to make sure its not a flop before ordering a full 13 ep order.

Also, their other new show is a western starring Common.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Also, their other new show is a western starring Common.
    http://blog.andyblume.com/img/gmm-bs2.jpg

Banned.

BG Level

That sucks balls if we have to wait that long. Great thing about this though is I can see myself buying the DVD set and watching it over and over till the next season starts.

Also, nice interview with Kirkman sheds some light on things. It's a little spoilery, mainly for the pilot but semi-spoilery for the future plot. He makes an interesting comment about the Rick-Lori-Shane deal that was a bit interesting to see in the pilot.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/01/wa...pilot-kirkman/

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 467 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast