Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I thought the same thing! hahah awesome.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This show is one of the very few that can make me somewhat tense while watching it. So awesome

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Glenn's zombie freakout had me rolling.

Awesome episode so far.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

YOU ALERTED THE HORDE

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Man. Can't wait for next week.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Dixon's brother is a boondock saint, Rick is fucked.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

The entire time w/ Dixon, all I saw was the shit pretzel part of Mall Rats.

Ridill
    BG Level

So how different is the tv show from the comic so far?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    So how different is the tv show from the comic so far?
    Not hugely. Like other have said, they've added in a few new characters and Glenn was alone when he helped Rick through the city. I think in the comic they just jumped rooftops and you didn't have that whole truck/car/dept store scene. They did slather themselves with zombie juice, but that was to go back for the gun bag iirc.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

My thoughts

Spoiler: show
    Good episode, but I thought it was kind of odd how it only rained for like a minute to wash off the zombie juice, plus Glenn was a really good driver and he's asian!

Also, agree bigtime with the comment on the show making you tense.

E. Body
    BG Level

I already saw it, but you might wanna spoiler that for others.

Good episode, not as creepy as the first one was tho ;x

@Flarega
    yea, i kept thinking wth shouldn't the cop be driving this and the kid be driving the truck?

At next weeks episode
    couldn't they just say the guy got eaten somehow? >.>a

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I was wondering why they didn't go back to the gun bag...

Anyway, my main issue is with how the zombies work. They essentially made them seem to have some form of deductive reasoning. Like they were trying to figure out if the person was one of them or dead. But they're completely retarded when it comes to climbing/opening things. Which seem to counter each other. They should either be pure instinct or have something in there, but atm it seems they're kinda switching between the two. Hopefully this will kinda get figured out down the line, though.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

at least a couple zombies have used crude tools, like one was beating a rock against the window of the store

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    at least a couple zombies have used crude tools, like one was beating a rock against the window of the store
    Not very effectively. It was more like they happened to have had it and just used it as if they were searching around as if the rock was their hand.

The zombies can't climb ladders. Not too much intelligence there.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i think it was more the lack of fine motor control, one looked like it attempted to climb it. I'm not saying they're super smart, but they appear to possess a low level of intelligence still, versus being entirely instinctual.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aru View Post
    Not hugely. Like other have said, they've added in a few new characters and Glenn was alone when he helped Rick through the city. I think in the comic they just jumped rooftops and you didn't have that whole truck/car/dept store scene. They did slather themselves with zombie juice, but that was to go back for the gun bag iirc.
    While I liked the group of people in the department store, the specific addition of the inbred racist wasn't something I really felt was necessary. The comic book did a fine job of creating tension between the various survivors without the racial element; just because the story takes place in Georgia doesn't mean there has to be racial strife. This is still my new favorite TV show, I was just bummed they felt the need to go there.

I really did like the aborted sewer tunnel escape. It seemed like the ticket that was going to work fine and save everyone as they spent a lot of time building up to it, then it just failed. It provided a sense of realism that brought some believability and further accentuated the sense of entrapment.

Old Merits
    BG Level

They essentially made them seem to have some form of deductive reasoning. But they're completely retarded when it comes to climbing/opening things.
    Some seem to be slightly smarter than others. We see zombies climbing ladders, climbing tanks, operating door handles, using a rock/debris to smash tempered glass and climbing ladders but not all of them seem capable of these things. You could perhaps attribute this to how long the zombie has been dead, or in other words, how long their brain has been rotting out. I think we are seeing a much smarter zombie than what was depicted in the comic. I remember in one of the letters to the author someone asked if the zombies were able to walk up/down stairs because we are never shown them doing anything but wandering around or chasing a fairly level surface. This is definitely a departure from that and makes these zombies that much more threatening. There's also little shown of the "sitting" type and even less spoken of them. I guess it makes for more thrilling TV to just make them all "walkers/roamers".

You might say that they all just smell each other as well, not that they're necessarily trying to differentiate who's who. You kinda need something like this in all zombie media since you never see them attack each other, only the living. It wasn't just the smell, either. Even before the rain some of the zombies in the street were eying the two up, so it's definitely some combination of smell, behavior and/or something unexplained that lets the zombie know who is their buddy and who is food. I don't think the comic goes into any greater detail about the zombies than what we see in this episode, aside from two other pieces of info that won't be reveled until much much later on in the story.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Climbing zombies may alter the Prison part a lot. Not like we'll get there any time soon.

I just cant wait to see it in action...sometime next year or so I hope.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    While I liked the group of people in the department store, the specific addition of the inbred racist wasn't something I really felt was necessary. The comic book did a fine job of creating tension between the various survivors without the racial element; just because the story takes place in Georgia doesn't mean there has to be racial strife. This is still my new favorite TV show, I was just bummed they felt the need to go there.
    I agree. And "T-Dawg"? Really? I guess they needed some black characters earlier before others are introduced. I could see the complaints "Your series is in the deep south and we are to believe there are no black survivors? Racism!" Was hoping this episode would be one where we saw someone get taken down. I was like "Awesome filler characters to throw to the zombies" and then they didn't throw any to the zombies... I guess we'll eventually see someone get nabbed back at camp and watch him turn like in the comic. I could see them turning that into an emotional series of events and because of that I don't think it'll be the neo-nazi or his brother shown in the preview, maybe T-Dawg, yay!

Does anyone else have a problem with Andrea's age? Nothing against the actress, she's beautiful and plays the part well enough so far, but she was depicted as being quite a bit younger in the comic. And because of that the whole
    age difference between her and Dale creating gossip/tension in the group and showing how it no longer matters seems like it'll be a reduced point or will be glossed over.

Aren't we missing a couple key characters back at camp as well? Where's that woman and daughter that made friends with Lori and Carl? I will be so disappointed if they have cut them out. The two kids together were cute and the mother's suicide, and the events leading up to it, were pretty awesome. It also touches on how they're all family through the adoption of the kid.

Anyway, this episode reinforces my serious dislike for Lori. Judging by how wilted the flowers were in the hospital, it hasn't been 2 months since the outbreak. Instead of morning the loss of her husband, and whatever other family and friends and general near-complete destruction of the world, and protecting her only child she's out on her own in a field before taking dick from her recently dead husband's best friend doggy style but only after tossing away her wedding ring. Fuck Shane for taking advantage too.

@Insanecyclone
    I don't think it'll be too bad. Three super high prison fences with razorwire should be enough to keep them out. The only thing I see becoming a problem is they won't be able to use the hammer & steak/knife technique to drop the ones that are right next to the fence since the zombies seem to be able to move around much more freely. You could say that at that point, they've all rotted out to not be able to think to climb or be strong enough to get over at all.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aru
    I agree. And "T-Dawg"? Really? I guess they needed some black characters earlier before others are introduced. I could see the complaints "Your series is in the deep south and we are to believe there are no black survivors? Racism!" Was hoping this episode would be one where we saw someone get taken down. I was like "Awesome filler characters to throw to the zombies" and then they didn't throw any to the zombies... I guess we'll eventually see someone get nabbed back at camp and watch him turn like in the comic. I could see them turning that into an emotional series of events and because of that I don't think it'll be the neo-nazi or his brother shown in the preview, maybe T-Dawg, yay!
    Introducing black characters makes sense; I just think the racist element was unnecessary. And I didn't catch the guy's name until now, but naming Token Black Dude "T-Dog" is indeed ridiculous. The character who turned in the comic (Jim) was a mechanic, and we did see him last night when he was helping Dale work on the RV. The character's a splitting image from the books, so much so I imagine he'll have the same fate.

Does anyone else have a problem with Andrea's age? Nothing against the actress, she's beautiful and plays the part well enough so far, but she was depicted as being quite a bit younger in the comic. And because of that the whole
    age difference between her and Dale creating gossip/tension in the group and showing how it no longer matters seems like it'll be a reduced point or will be glossed over.
    I noticed it too, but it didn't bother me. In the books they were also college roomates; here they are sisters. I'm curious if mermaid-loving Amy is going to get eaten in just a few episodes.

Aren't we missing a couple key characters back at camp as well? Where's that woman and daughter that made friends with Lori and Carl? I will be so disappointed if they have cut them out. The two kids together were cute and the mother's suicide, and the events leading up to it, were pretty awesome. It also touches on how they're all family through the adoption of the kid.
    Lots of characters in the background here. Kind of like the background castaways from Lost, it's hard to tell how many there are at this point, and whether we're missing any important characters or not. I don't think we've seen Dixon's brother yet, but he's obviously there. Others could be too.

Anyway, this episode reinforces my serious dislike for Lori. Judging by how wilted the flowers were in the hospital, it hasn't been 2 months since the outbreak. Instead of morning the loss of her husband, and whatever other family and friends and general near-complete destruction of the world, and protecting her only child she's out on her own in a field before taking dick from her recently dead husband's best friend doggy style but only after tossing away her wedding ring. Fuck Shane for taking advantage too.
    I think there's at least some chance it might have gone on before Z-day, too. They seem awfully intimate to be getting it on considering it's been a month or so since her husband died. At the same time, who's to say how people might behave in such a situation. Lori has every reason to believe she's a widow, and a single mother might find any source of protection to be highly attractive in that crisis environment. I liked how the comic did it; they had one night in a moment of weakness; the relationship seems to have fast forwarded for drama's sake.
    I'm thinking more and more that this season is going to end with Carl killing Shane. At least I hope he still kills Shane; having just about any other result would create a vast difference in story tone that I don't want to see.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 467 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast