Closed Thread
Page 465 of 467 FirstFirst ... 415 455 463 464 465 466 467 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, uh, why did King Ezekiel, Jerry, and the two Kindgom Redshirts pull Morgan off Richard while he was slowly strangling him to death?

That seems ... odd. It's not like the Saviors were likely to stop them.

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Would you really want to fuck with Morgan at that point? Cuz I wouldn't.

Angry Morgan > Zen Morgan. I hope to God we get to watch him beat that rat-faced fucker to a pulp.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I generally don't mind the slower episodes. But this one drove me nuts. It was an hour of basically nothing happening. We already knew Richard wanted to jumpstart the war. We knew eventually Carol would get off her ass. Just, lets fucking get moving already.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You cray. It was the best slow episode this season.

Richard's actor is fantastic and I'm sad to see him go. Morgan was also great.

Nobody from the kingdom stopping Morgan was weird though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian
    Would you really want to fuck with Morgan at that point? Cuz I wouldn't.
    Well, no, but I can say with some certainty that if one of my friends was actively killing another one, I would step in after a few seconds of stunned What The Fuck. And that's not me being an internet Tough Guy, that's just being realistic. I know the Zombie Apocalypse rules are different, but that seemed a stretch. Had one of them made a move and the saviors said "Stop, let's see how this plays out" or something along those lines, I could have bought it. The result made sense from a story point of view, but the execution was weak.

I think that's one of my larger criticisms of the show, actually. Often the big picture overall story works, but the finer execution of individual scenes does not, and certain character actions or scenario setups seem clumsily shoehorned in to create maximum drama while losing an air of believe-ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I generally don't mind the slower episodes. But this one drove me nuts. It was an hour of basically nothing happening. We already knew Richard wanted to jumpstart the war. We knew eventually Carol would get off her ass. Just, lets fucking get moving already.
    See, this episode worked for me (except for the example above), whereas last week's failed miserably. Less contrived action sequences this week, I think. I particularly thought the intro showing them loading one melon in the truck was a nice touch.

EDIT: Rewatching the scene, it looks like the Saviors did yell something at the remaining Kingdomites when Morgan first started choking Richard. Couldn't make it out exactly, but I think that was supposed to be them being held back.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They yelled back off but I feel like it was directed more at the Saviors.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    They yelled back off but I feel like it was directed more at the Saviors.
    Maybe, they went to a wide overhead shot for the vocals at that point, and threw in some gun cocking noises. Seems like they realized after the fact they needed some sort of transition or reaction there and slipped it in during post-production, maybe. Regardless, it was definitely difficult to tell exactly what transpired at that point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would've thought Ezekiel would have come off a little more angry after finding out what Richard did. I know that's probably a nitpick, but he did have a particular fondness for Jeremy(totally blanking on the kid's name, so I"m just sticking this in here cuz it sounds right)?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ben.

I mean deciding to leave while his one of his captain's body just lays in the street seems like enough of an indication of anger.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

was so obvious kid was gonna die haha.
    didnt expect what morgan did tho nope.
    cant wait for those assholes to get killed. the bad guy leader has such a smug punchable face

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Morgan is a fucking bitch and this show gets more retarded ep by ep. Like...what the fuck? None of this shit makes any sense whatsoever. Can they just fucking stop being a bunch of whiny bitches mourning a past that is long fucking gone and maybe start to kick some Saviour ass? Who would seriously believe that a co-existance with them would be possible long term? Who the fuck would stand up to this shit? What do they have to loose? Their lives? Oh yeah great lives they live indeed. Jesus christ this show is going downhill not even sure why I still watch. Probably cause there isn´t jack shit else to watch these days.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Virg View Post
    Morgan is a fucking bitch and this show gets more retarded ep by ep. Like...what the fuck? None of this shit makes any sense whatsoever. Can they just fucking stop being a bunch of whiny bitches mourning a past that is long fucking gone and maybe start to kick some Saviour ass? Who would seriously believe that a co-existance with them would be possible long term? Who the fuck would stand up to this shit? What do they have to loose? Their lives? Oh yeah great lives they live indeed. Jesus christ this show is going downhill not even sure why I still watch. Probably cause there isn´t jack shit else to watch these days.
    It's as if The Saviors had numbers, tons of guns/ammo, numerous outposts, and took Alexandria's guns or something. Oh, and their leader personally killed two of their people to make a point. But yeah, they're all just being bitches by not rushing in guns blazing with explosions everywhere.

Also, how is Morgan a bitch? Dude has been thru hell and back, tried his best to find peace in a post apocalyptic world, and had the rug pulled out from under him. Same with Carol. These characters aren't invincible and have to deal with very fucked up conditions.

Rosita needs to die already, tho. She's learned nothing and still insists on going in guns blazing without considering the outcome. Rick finally wants to fight, but it's not fast enough for her. Hope she fails in her little suicide mission.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Thing that annoys me about Carol and Morgan is that they are War Vets trying to find peace during War times. Choosing not to fight when the world is fighting when your a great fighter just lets people you care about die, as we saw in this episode.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I will say Morgan isn't a bitch but he is a bit of a dick for telling Carol what happened, knowing what it would do to her.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I will say Morgan isn't a bitch but he is a bit of a dick for telling Carol what happened, knowing what it would do to her.
    I took that as a sign that "he got it," what seemed to be a theme for the episode. Fairly sure his murder in front of the Saviors was a direct continuation of Richard's plan, make use of Ben's death and do something so crazy that they KNOW you're on board, then fight back after they trust you. Richard even mentioned something along the lines of "doing something to make them believe" that they're on board. I can't think of anything better than killing the major thorn in their side during their exchanges right in front of them.

He knows the Saviors need to die, whether consciously with clear intent or due to his CLEAR ALL THE THINGS side. He knew telling her would get her back into the fight, it's why when she offered him a chance to stay at her cottage by leaving but not leaving, like Ezekiel offered her, he turned his back without a thought. He's not settling down, he's got blood to spill. Just sad that it'll likely lead to his death, they've given the character quite a bit of depth IMO.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nah Morgan is safe until another black male main character joins Rick's crew. Then he should be worried that the Rule of One might spell his death.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Nah Morgan is safe until another black male main character joins Rick's crew. Then he should be worried that the Rule of One might spell his death.
    Gabriel?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Gabriel is probably gonna die too though. People like him now.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Gabriel is probably gonna die too though. People like him now.
    Shhhh. Don't let Kirkman hear you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

gabriel is safe till morgan rejoins, then the rule of one will be in effect.
    and hell no rosita shouldn't die. Sasha dying is fine tho.