Thread: Dragon Age 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Dragon Age 2

More virtual dating sims from bioware

http://kotaku.com/5581903/dragon-age...y-err-tomorrow

BioWare appears to be just a day away from revealing Dragon Age 2, officially, going by the role-playing game developer's Twitter tease. Or was it today, when EA and BioWare officially said that Dragon Age 2 is in development?

The BioWare biofeed wrote earlier today that "2morrow will be a great day for BioWare fans. Just sayin'." Electronic Arts also wrote earlier today, in a press release about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, that Dragon Age 2 was in development at BioWare, so that's pretty much confirmed.

See?

Currently announced projects at BioWare include the development of ongoing downloadable content for Mass Effect 2, one of the highest rated video games of all time, Dragon Age 2, the highly anticipated sequel to 2009's "RPG of the Year" Dragon Age: Origins, and the story-driven massively multiplayer online game, Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    Of course, Dragon Age 2 isn't much of a surprise, given that EA already blabbed about a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins on the books for the first quarter of 2011. BioWare helped nail down a possible release date of February 1, 2011 with this none-too-subtle teaser included in the retail release of expansion Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. Oh, and BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk told Joystiq earlier this year that Dragon Age 2 will look "super hot."

To sum up, if you like Dragon Age, show up to the internet tomorrow.

Send an email to Michael McWhertor, the author of this post, at [email protected].
    Mods are my favorite things from pc dragon age. I haven't bought awakening since I read it was shitty.

Nice, EA did a very good job with DA:O, i enjoyed it immensely. Can't say i'm surprised there's a sequel after the success of the first.

Vague

It could be anything Bioware's currently working on. It could be DA2 or it could be a Old Republic alpha/beta announcement. It could be ME3. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow to find out for sure

edit: I loved DA and Awakening wasn't shitty, it's what it was. A mini-expansion. At least they didn't pull a Bungie and try to market an expansion as a stand-alone game and price it as such.

My only gripes with DA were that there wasn't a lot of gear to choose from. There was almost always a clear cut best set that was good for a long ass time / rest of the game, and you vendor 98% of any gear you find. Too many trash drops not enough thinking "hmmm which piece is better, what should I equip?"

2nd gripe was that unless you directly controlled/maneuvered your rogue for the entire fight they were just shitty. A way for your rogue to get behind the enemies would have been nice. Having to micro-manage them the whole time was annoying.

Last, a simple knock spell or bash option would have stopped making having a rogue an absolute necessity.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How long ago did they release the Leliana's Origins add on? I was browsing though DLC today and noticed it was sitting in there, but I didn't see it when I bought Darkspawn Chronicles last month...

Was a nice surprise since I was just sitting on some MS points to spend. Can't wait for DA2; the first is easily one of my favorite RPGs of this generation of consoles.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well the was an insert in the DA:Awakening case that said something was coming out Feb 11th or something of next year. I really hope it's a sequel. I just hope it's a bit better graphically than the first. Not that the first is BAD by any means on PC, could just be a lot better. Though it was thrown together pretty quick.

Speaking of Dragon Age, Leillana's Song came out yesterday, and it's pretty fun for a mini story. More of her french accent is never bad.

DA was pretty fun, kind of boring at points but the modding on PC was great. I bought the game for PS3 and returned it instead getting it for PC and had a blast.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I can elaborate on this some more for you guys tomorrow, I cant really say what it is until tomorrow.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    I can elaborate on this some more for you guys tomorrow, I cant really say what it is until tomorrow.
    Well it's tomorrow in 40 minutes. See you at 12:00:01 AM?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Technically its 8:50 here, lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a take a random stab and say it isn't involving DA2 since that's a given already.

Watch them announce something like a re-visioning of Baldur's Gate. ;/
    (and then the internet being ablaze shortly after)

yupper

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Watch them announce something like a re-visioning of Baldur's Gate. ;/
    (and then the internet being ablaze shortly after)
    That's exactly what DA is.....

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not called Baldur's Gate though. There's profit to be made off bastardizing the actual IP.

But

Yeah, but the devs specifically said in several interviews that DA is the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate

I love Dragon Age, already gone through it once as each class and gotten most things done. Awakening was good, but obviously lacked the depths of Origins. Still, a nice continuation to the story with good parts all over. Can't wait for this, should be fun.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I haven't bought awakening since I read it was shitty
    It started good - good fun, some interesting story. Then all of a sudden the expansion would wrap up the Story in 5 minutes. Tell you this n that and send you to the bossfight. Totally rushed out, not even funny.

Felt like classic Xenogears Disk 2 all over again .. just shorter ! <.<

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Beat me to it

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A new hero.. hmm. That doesn't really bother me, since yours is created in the first one. I hope it all ties together though. I'm sure some characters will be back in the 2nd one, but not all. There were way too many open ends in the first game. Hopefully in this one we can go to Oralis, Free Marches, and those kind of places. I want to see screens (if any exist yet) to see what kind of changes were made to the engine. Oh, and more actual Dragons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/

There is the official website, and of course we have to be tight lipped on this as far as a marketing stand point goes. I cant say too much besides that it is slated for a Feb 2011 release, I have seen the game in action and it looks so much better than the first. They're shooting for about 100 hrs of story, it will have plenty of DLC and they would like to include mouse and KB support for the PS3 version. That's about all I can share right now, there should be in game footage and gameplay stuff released in the coming months.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

ok, I assumed this was the Feb 11 thing, nice to know that's confirmed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast