Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Artemis' Medal Testing (incomplete)

Disclaimer: pretty small sample set, haven't had the item long.

A friend let me borrow his to test, short version on MAB is that between 50% and 100% moonphase it varies from +5 to +15 and you DO get incremental upgrades within each moonphase. Since I don't know a good way to test Magic Accuracy, I'm going to go ahead and assume that it works somewhat like Selene's Bow in that when MAB goes down, Macc goes up.

Tests were done as Taru BLM78/WHM39 (base int 79, MABIV trait) vs. Tiny Mandragora outside Windy Woods using Stone 3 (and checked with the calc at bash74.com).

Naked Stone 3 across all tested moonphases: 421
    Stone 3 with Moldy Earring across all tested moonphases: 437
    Stone 3 + Artemis:
    Waxing Gibbous (beginning of phase): 440 = MAB+6
    Full Moon (beginning of phase): 452 = MAB+12
    Waning Gibbous (middle of phase): 446 = MAB+8

I did some other control tests using just a moldy to nuke, and also stacking MAB gear along with Artemis just to sanity-check the results but that was pretty boring, so I'll put it in a spoiler.

Spoiler: show

Waxing Gibbous (beginning of phase):
    Stone: 55
    Stone 3: 421
    Stone + Moldy: 57
    Stone 3 + Moldy: 427
    Stone + Artemis: 57
    Stone 3 + Artemis: 440
    Stone + Moldy + Artemis: 60
    Stone 3 + Moldy + Artemis: 456
    Stone + Moldy + MorriCuffs: 59
    Stone 3 + Moldy + MorriCuffs: 452
    Stone + MAB+13 + Artemis: 63
    Stone 3 + MAB+13 + Artemis: 481

Full Moon (beginning of phase):
    Stone: 55
    Stone 3: 421
    Stone + Moldy: 57
    Stone 3 + Moldy: 427
    Stone + Artemis: 59
    Stone 3 + Artemis: 452
    Stone + Moldy + Artemis: 61
    Stone 3 + Moldy + Artemis: 468
    Stone + Moldy + MorriCuffs: 59
    Stone 3 + Moldy + MorriCuffs: 452
    Stone + MAB+13 + Artemis: 65
    Stone 3 + MAB+13 + Artemis: 494

Waning Gibbous:
    Stone + Artemis: 58
    Stone 3 + Artemis: 446

At this point I got bored and wandered off...

No clue what it does under 50% moonphase yet. But wanted to get this info out there asap, as a MAB+15 neckpiece seems like something people might be interested in - even if it only works that way for a short while.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wow, seems like it could be the go-to piece above 50% phase when Uggalepih isn't proc'ing and it's not high enough to beat that. I wonder if it scales down to 0MAB at New Moon though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

And it seems to beat the BLM neck item in almost every non-New Moon phase? It's too bad that moon-phase items are teh gay.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Grinding a million staves and items like this are why my blm will stay 75 forever.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is it possible to have spellcast check for moonphase or is that not something its capable of?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jimothy View Post
    Is it possible to have spellcast check for moonphase or is that not something its capable of?
    http://windower.net/plugins/spellcast/rules

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I'm very curious about new moon, thanks for the info so far, keep it coming.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Unfortunately, I can't. I returned it to the friend who loaned it to me - he wanted to make a quick sale before people started farming it.

Edit: if anyone has any ideas on how to test magic accuracy, I'm eager to hear.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Edit: if anyone has any ideas on how to test magic accuracy, I'm eager to hear.
    Apparently the easiest way is on Qiqirn using a whole lot of Stone spells. I forget the exact macc you need for the control though.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Any idea how much he sold it for out of curiosity

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Given the apparent rarity and its usefulness, he was looking for 4-5m - dunno if he got it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Naked Stone 3 across all tested moonphases: 421
    Full Moon (beginning of phase): 452 = MAB+12
    MAB4 is 32 MAB... so the base damage on your nuke (including the INT difference factor) should be approx. 421/1.32 = 318~319. Then to get to 452 the MAB multiplier would have to be about 1.42 (452/319), so the total MAB would be 42, 32 from trait and about 10 (not 12?) from this neckpiece. Or am I missing something? Still would be better than Ugg, but closer. Also interested in finding out how much that m.acc varies and if it gives any when the damage is maxed out, but that'll take lots more testing.

Edit: Also, where are you getting MAB+15 from? Assuming an incremental increase within full moon I guess? Can't imagine it going past 11 or 12 if it's 10 at the start of full moon.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh you're totally asking the wrong person - I'm heavily mathlexic. I just used the calculator that I linked to in the OP and plugged in the numbers I was getting.

MAB+15 is a number I plucked out of thin air since according to the calculator it was +12 as soon as the moon phase began (like literally, seconds into it is when I did my tests and then I went on to do more fun stuff). I didn't come up with the +15 number until after I saw the variance in dmg during the two Gibbous phases. At the very beginning of one it was +6 and some time into the other it was +8.

But now I've gone back and used the calculator and plugged my numbers back in and it seems you're right that ~452 dmg would be MAB+10. And looking at how the Full Moon phase is split (90-93-95-98-100-98-95) I'm wishing I'd taken the time to do more testing on how it behaves between %'s in a given phase.

Ah well, this is why I added "(incomplete)" to the title of the thread. Hopefully someone more competent and with more time can flesh out the exact details.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's great that you took down the data though before your friend went to sell it, so at least we have a pretty good idea of how the MAB works. Even if it just stops at MAB+10 that's still good. Maybe the m.acc is +10 in the other direction...like 0 m.acc at full moon, 10 m.acc at new moon, 0 MAB at new, 10 MAB at full. Sounds like a nice item to have regardless, especially considering Ugg is not always usable.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Uldum

Did a little testing myself not complete tho.
    Base int of 72 using stone II on 78blm/rdm, the extra int on yigit feet has been taken into account.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Should try testing on a higher tier nuke maybe. You're going to get a lot of questionable cutoffs when trying to back calculate for testing MAB on a nuke like Stone II in the 250 damage range.
    Edit: nvm, I see what you did by directly comparing to other MAB gear with known numbers (read it wrong and thought you were stacking gear)

But yeah, if you toss MAB+10 in there for your full moon phase MAB (based on the raw data from Enoch's first post), it looks like a pretty much linear up/down thing with moon phase from 10 at full to 0 at new. If the m.acc scales the opposite way (10 at new, 0 at full), it's definitely a useful piece, at least for ~50% or more moon (guessing Lmg Medallion or definitely the Goetia chain would be better at the lower MAB end).

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If anyone needs I put this together using IneptVagrient's Uggy xml

Code:
    <if advanced ="%MoonPCT &gt;80">
    <equip when ="midcast"><neck>Artemis' Medal</neck></equip>
    </if>
    <if advanced ="%MoonPCT &lt;80">
    <if advanced='"$ActiveArts"=="DarkArts"'>
    <var cmd='setcalc Ugg-myMPCost "%MPCost * 0.9"' />
    </if>
    <elseif advanced='"$ActiveArts"=="LightArts"'>
    <var cmd='setcalc Ugg-myMPCost "%MPCost * 1.2"' />
    </elseif>
    <else>
    <var cmd='setcalc Ugg-myMPCost "%MPCost"' />
    </else>
    <if buffactive="Parsimony"><var cmd='setcalc Ugg-myMPCost "%MPCost * 0.5"' /></if>
    <cmd when="precast">wait 2;sc var setcalc Ugg-myMPCost (int)(((float)\%MP - \$Ugg-myMPCost) / (20.0 + (float)\%MP/(float)\%MPP*100.0) / 0.51);input //ae trigger Ugg_\$Ugg-myMPCOst</cmd>
    <cmd when="precast">ae regonceq 34545 Ugg_0 input /equip neck "Uggalepih Pendant"</cmd>
    </if>
    <if advanced ="%MoonPCT &gt;25">
    <equip when ="midcast"><neck>Artemis' Medal</neck></equip>
    </if>
    Works for under 80% haven't tested fully for over 80%

:edit - moon phase is 86% but for some reason it's failing the check on the first moonpct check, but it passes when i set it to 75%, any suggestions?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Has anyone done anymore extensive testing on this? There's some gaps in the posted data that leaves me with a few questions. Does the +8 MAB begin at 80% or above 76%? Will waxing gibbous dmg begin at a lower % because full moon goes to 90% on that side? Is there a +2, +4, +7 MAB somewhere in there, or is it just 1/3/5/6/8/10?

I'm trying to figure out when to use goetia, artemis, and uggy for max damage. From the posted data I'm thinking:
    If mp anything and moon is greater than 80% then artemis' medal.
    If mp is less than 50% and moon is less than 80% then uggy pendant
    If mp is greater than 50% and moon is greater than 40% then artemis medal (need to know if there's a +4 MAB)
    If mp is greater than 50% and moon is less than 40% then goetia chain

I got an artemis medal today, so I can test it over the course of a few weeks if necessary, but would love to have a definite answer now if someone else has already done the legwork. Am I missing any factors in my above assumption of max dmg for artemis/uggy/goetia? Would love to get a working spellcast together once the numbers are pinned down.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Has anyone done anymore extensive testing on this? There's some gaps in the posted data that leaves me with a few questions. Does the +8 MAB begin at 80% or above 76%? Will waxing gibbous dmg begin at a lower % because full moon goes to 90% on that side? Is there a +2, +4, +7 MAB somewhere in there, or is it just 1/3/5/6/8/10?

I'm trying to figure out when to use goetia, artemis, and uggy for max damage. From the posted data I'm thinking:
    If mp anything and moon is greater than 80% then artemis' medal.
    If mp is less than 50% and moon is less than 80% then uggy pendant
    If mp is greater than 50% and moon is greater than 40% then artemis medal (need to know if there's a +4 MAB)
    If mp is greater than 50% and moon is less than 40% then goetia chain

I got an artemis medal today, so I can test it over the course of a few weeks if necessary, but would love to have a definite answer now if someone else has already done the legwork. Am I missing any factors in my above assumption of max dmg for artemis/uggy/goetia? Would love to get a working spellcast together once the numbers are pinned down.
    Lucky you, wanting one of these pretty bad, no luck though. QQ

Anyway, at glance looks like you have all the the times, look forward to more testings. :D