Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For a PUP, would the OAT or the OAThrice be a better option to aim for? Which would be best and by how much? Don't have a VNM shell or an Abyssea shell, so it's looking tough for me to get the OAT ones.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

As far as I know OAThrice are bad outside of footwork, so OAT DMG would be the superior option. Atk+ or Acc+ as the other option if no means to get blobs.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just wanted to double check that this post on Allakhazam is correct, concerning there being a typo on the Perle Salade's haste apparently being 3% and not 2%:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...6565480&page=1

Just thought it was interesting that, unless I'm mathing wrong, and unless Allakhazam is being trolled, that Turban + 3 Homam is equal in haste to Perle set's haste.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Check the JP description of Perle Salade, it says 3% there.

(Oh, just clicked your link but-- I had a friend test it out with Dread Spikes and it was 3%)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Check the JP description of Perle Salade, it says 3% there.

(Oh, just clicked your link but-- I had a friend test it out with Dread Spikes and it was 3%)
    Yeah I was checkin it out but you know how it is. Would rather hear it from the best reliable source of info. Very interesting, thanks for verifying.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thunder Gorget or Fort Torque for Vorpal Blade?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Yeah I was checkin it out but you know how it is. Would rather hear it from the best reliable source of info. Very interesting, thanks for verifying.
    said friend could be a little slow too, trying to figure out how to test it myself now :d

DRG/WHM reraise recast:

(swift, perle head/feet) = 54 sec
    (swift, perle hands/feet) = 55 sec
    (swift, walahra turban) = 54 sec

not very good with haste, but that seems to point to it being 3%, i'll try to dig through the actual data files for languages other than english now

DAT file comparison:

English - Haste+2%
    French - Haste+3%
    German - Haste+3%
    Japanese - Haste+3%

SURVEY SAYS: IT'S 3% JOHNNY

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sobie View Post
    Thunder Gorget or Fort Torque for Vorpal Blade?
    Gorget.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My understanding of elemental resists are that for the most part there is a natural invisible rating based on level, so even if you don't wear any fire resist gear as a 75 PLD you would have some universal amount being a level 75.

Has this changed from the level increase? Say in the past you need 239 fire or whatever it was to avoid a wyvern breath, has this been reduced by 5~20 for the 5 level increase?

What would be an easy way to test this? Are there any attacks where you take a specific amount of damage based on the elemental rating or is it just reducing the likelihood to take full damage?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    said friend could be a little slow too, trying to figure out how to test it myself now :d

DRG/WHM reraise recast:

(swift, perle head/feet) = 54 sec
    (swift, perle hands/feet) = 55 sec
    (swift, walahra turban) = 54 sec

not very good with haste, but that seems to point to it being 3%, i'll try to dig through the actual data files for languages other than english now

DAT file comparison:

English - Haste+2%
    French - Haste+3%
    German - Haste+3%
    Japanese - Haste+3%

SURVEY SAYS: IT'S 3% JOHNNY
    Dear SE,

Please fire whatever retarded monkey you hired to do the english item descriptions for the last update.

How many more errors like this are there? I know about Goetia Chain being 7 INT instead of the listed 8, and Thew Bomblet being 8 attack instead of the listed 10.

It's not even a translation issue, the numbers are the same in all languages, they're just stupid typos.

"Did anyone double check the item descriptions? No? Fine, whatever." /serverup

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Dear SE,

Please fire whatever retarded monkey you hired to do the english item descriptions for the last update.

How many more errors like this are there? I know about Goetia Chain being 7 INT instead of the listed 8, and Thew Bomblet being 8 attack instead of the listed 10.
    Oh, hm, I didn't know this was actually a wide spread issue lol.

Succor ring says Damange taken. I wonder why so many typos.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Since Perle legs have 3% haste instead of 2% haste, that would make the set *match* homam's haste in addition to more accuracy right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Oh, hm, I didn't know this was actually a wide spread issue lol.

Succor ring says Damange taken. I wonder why so many typos.
    That's because SE made this gear when they were children first learning English and numbers.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Upgraded Relic > OA2 > Masamune (for now) > 91 base damage (stp one with 464 delay + 5 hit) > 91 base damage (450 delay one) > 89 Radenotachi = Hagun = Soboro (each are stronger in different situations)..
    Has there been a comparison done like this for Great Axes?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by requim View Post
    My understanding of elemental resists are that for the most part there is a natural invisible rating based on level, so even if you don't wear any fire resist gear as a 75 PLD you would have some universal amount being a level 75.

Has this changed from the level increase? Say in the past you need 239 fire or whatever it was to avoid a wyvern breath, has this been reduced by 5~20 for the 5 level increase?

What would be an easy way to test this? Are there any attacks where you take a specific amount of damage based on the elemental rating or is it just reducing the likelihood to take full damage?
    Yes, base resistance is equal to a C skill. No need to test it, since it's already been done.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Since Perle legs have 3% haste instead of 2% haste, that would make the set *match* homam's haste in addition to more accuracy right?
    I think it was the hat that had 3% instead of 2%, believe the legs are still 2%.
    That would split it 3% hat, 2% gloves, 2% legs, 2% feets, 5% set for a total of 14% (which matches homam x 3 + turban).

That perle set is pretty ridiculous since it's only 1% below the standard optimal byakko's haidate's job haste (turban/haidate/dusk/aurum) for war/bst and 2% below sam (add fumas).

Of course that's under the assumption that it was only the hat that had a typo on the haste.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by requim View Post
    I think it was the hat that had 3% instead of 2%, believe the legs are still 2%.
    That would split it 3% hat, 2% gloves, 2% legs, 2% feets, 5% set for a total of 14% (which matches homam x 3 + turban).

That perle set is pretty ridiculous since it's only 1% below the standard optimal byakko's haidate's job haste (turban/haidate/dusk/aurum) for war/bst and 2% below sam (add fumas).

Of course that's under the assumption that it was only the hat that had a typo on the haste.
    So we need to test the other pieces then. I will buy the set and look into the total haste. Any methods aside from Reraise?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    So we need to test the other pieces then. I will buy the set and look into the total haste. Any methods aside from Reraise?
    Dreads spikes with hasso is the easiest way.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Edit: NVM.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

where are the weakest Arcana type mobs in the game that still give exp to a level 80 character?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast