Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Samonez View Post
    where are the weakest Arcana type mobs in the game that still give exp to a level 80 character?
    Take your pick, 56 or higher.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Class: DRG/BLU
    Spell: Blood Drain (90s Recast)

Recast (Homam+Turban): 76s
    Recast (Perle set): 77s

Homam lets provide Fast Cast (2% on recast), so we should expect the following from 14% Haste + 2% Fast Cast:
    1. (1-Haste)*(1-Fast Cast)*(Delay of the spell)
    2. (.86)*[.98]*(90) = 75.852s

Perle set:
    1. (1-Haste)*(1-Fast Cast)*(Delay of the spell)
    2. (.86)*[1]*(90) = 77.4s

Something is off here.

Note: Used box parenthesis to avoid the smiley issue.

Banned.

BG Level

Probably because of rounding.

Yup:

Turban is 50/1024, homam x3 is 90/1024 so 140/1024 total. 90*(884/1024)*(1004/1024)=76.177825927734375

Also, you can disable smileys.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Awesome, so it looks like Perle has the leg up on Homam. Too bad it looks like shit (Bird shit).

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So I got this new monitor with 1920x1080 resolution and holy shit FFXI looks 8bit.

Anyone with a similar resolution know any "optimal" settings for overlay res/background res with windower so it'll look less blocky? It's giving me a headache going back and forth trying to get it just right...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does the accuracy bonus granted by Innin effect Ranged Accuracy in additio to regular Accuracy?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Asai View Post
    So I got this new monitor with 1920x1080 resolution and holy shit FFXI looks 8bit.

Anyone with a similar resolution know any "optimal" settings for overlay res/background res with windower so it'll look less blocky? It's giving me a headache going back and forth trying to get it just right...
    This is what I use and FFXI looks great

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...owerLaunch.jpg

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also as a side note if you're ever camping a crowded NM and you set your settings to this and you have a decent computer/internet connection, I guarentee you see it pop yellow every single time.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...werLaunch2.jpg

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk
    square res
    Inb4 5 pages worth of arguments.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

I know people've been asking quite a bit about what GKTs beat Hagun, and by how much, etc etc etc. But, just for confirmation's sake, am I missing out on any gamebreaking damage upgrade by sticking to Tomoe and Hagun while I pursue Ursine claws and other Magian items for other jobs?

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk View Post
    This is what I use and FFXI looks great

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...owerLaunch.jpg
    Awesome, thanks. Set it to 1920x1050 so I could see the start bar at least. lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Inb4 5 pages worth of arguments.
    I'll take that challange!

Generally to get a better look, use multipliers of the overlay resolution for the background resolution. (1.5-2.0 multiplier gives a good look imo, use less if fps drops too much.)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can anyone give me a rough guide to opening chests in abyssea, only opened one or two? Considering going in as an under-levelled job to mooch exp so may as well make myself useful.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Blue Chests:

Guess if the next randomly generated number is going to be higher (dial up) or lower (dial down) than the previous randomly generated number.

If the randomly generated number is higher than 50, turn the dial down.
    If the randomly generated number is lower than 50, turn the dial up.

You can get screwed on this one when your number is like 5, and you turn the dial up and you get a 1~4.

Red Chests:

Try to land the pressure in the given range by adjusting it in one, two, or three increments per attempt.

I usually start with two-notches, to close the gap a bit in one attempt. Then, I usually go one notch at a time either up or down, depending on whether I passed up the target range or not.

It's common to get screwed on that one as the increments that one notch changes pressure by are not constant and you can repeatedly pass up the range when going up/down one notch.

Gold Chests:

Guess the two-digit combination. Failed attempts will give you a too high or too low hint, just like Treasure Caskets.

I'd start with guessing 50, and keep narrowing it down by halves as with each guess it will tell you too high or too low. (I think this is how it works... I have only done a gold one once.)

edit: or just use a forbidden key.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

awesome, just what i needed thanks

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Awesome, so it looks like Perle has the leg up on Homam. Too bad it looks like shit (Bird shit).
    lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Does anyone know how much the +defense and +evasion bonus vs. EM and lower mobs is with Signet and Sigil?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Blue Chests:

Guess if the next randomly generated number is going to be higher (dial up) or lower (dial down) than the previous randomly generated number.

If the randomly generated number is higher than 50, turn the dial down.
    If the randomly generated number is lower than 50, turn the dial up.

You can get screwed on this one when your number is like 5, and you turn the dial up and you get a 1~4.
    Should also point out that this chest says you need x correct guesses inside of y attempts. i.e. 3 correct guesses with 4 attempts. This does not mean that should you guess incorrectly twice, you are screwed. An "attempt" in this sense is a string of guesses that ends when you guess incorrectly. As long as you have one attempt left you can open any blue chest, it's just a matter of luck.

Red Chests:

Try to land the pressure in the given range by adjusting it in one, two, or three increments per attempt.

I usually start with two-notches, to close the gap a bit in one attempt. Then, I usually go one notch at a time either up or down, depending on whether I passed up the target range or not.

It's common to get screwed on that one as the increments that one notch changes pressure by are not constant and you can repeatedly pass up the range when going up/down one notch.
    What throws people off on this one is that pressing 3 levers is not the same as pressing one lever three times.

Also, the lock's "condition" can give you a general idea of how much air you will release with the next lever. The worse its condition, the more air will be released.

Gold Chests:

Guess the two-digit combination. Failed attempts will give you a too high or too low hint, just like Treasure Caskets.

I'd start with guessing 50, and keep narrowing it down by halves as with each guess it will tell you too high or too low. (I think this is how it works... I have only done a gold one once.)
    Gold chests are like treasure caskets on easy mode. Rather than just being told whether the real number is higher or lower than your guess, you basically get a free "Examine the lock" every time you guess wrong, except these new chests also have new hints like telling you what the sum of the number's digits are. Gold chests are actually extremely easy, but people love using keys on them for some reason.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CubsWoo View Post
    Does anyone know how much the +defense and +evasion bonus vs. EM and lower mobs is with Signet and Sigil?
    My impression (absolutely no testing to back this up) has always been that Signet and Sigil just apply the level corrections to monsters.

Your level - Monster level = dLevel

Evasion Bonus = dLevel*4
    Defense Bonus is actually a cRatio correction, cRatio - dLevel*.05 for melee hits and cRatio - dLevel*.025 for ranged.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Has anyone determined how the "enhances counter damage" works on Utilion mantle?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast