BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

It enhances the damage.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ok I worded that badly lol.. How much of an increase? % boost, atk boost, straight dmg bonus?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

What approximate DEF and base fSTR do people use for calculating benefits from ATT and STR when TPing (Not WSing)? Also, what is the best way to calculate gains from DA?

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    What approximate DEF and base fSTR do people use for calculating benefits from ATT and STR when TPing (Not WSing)? Also, what is the best way to calculate gains from DA?

Adding 20 attack to someone with 400 attack fighting a 400 def mob: Pdif = 420/400 = 1.05 (5% improvement as expected from adding 5% attack).

Adding 20 attack to someone with 500 attack fighting a 400 def mob: Pdif = 520/400 = 1.3 (again a 5% improvement from the 500/400 pdif of 1.25).

Adding 20 attack to someone with 400 attack fighting a mob with 500 def: Pdif = 420/500 = .84 (4% improvement from the .8 that 400/500 yields).

Adding 20 attack to someone with 500 attack fighting a mob with 500 def: Pdif = 520/500 = 1.04 (4% improvement over the 500/500 pdif).

So let's say you're getting 600 attack (food/buffs) fighting a defensive mob (800 def after dia): Pdif = 600/800 = .75. Now add 20 attack: 620/800 = .775 = 3.2% increase in Pdif.

Let's go back down to lower attack and high def:

400 base attack with an 800 Def mob: Pdif = .5. Add 20 attack: 420/800 = .525 = 4.7% increase.

So % damage added via attack (when not capping pdif) can be estimated to be approximately equal to the % of attack you're adding relative to your base attack (with that number shifting down the higher the mob defense).

As for fStr. Determine your bounds for it based on weapon rank, then assuming you arent capped for it: Add the value to your base weapon damage and multiple times estimated Pdif to determine added damage.

That should tell you which will net you higher DoT (I assume you're trying to decide between att/str during TP phase in some slot?)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I know how to calculate it; I'm just wondering what approximate values you use during the calculations. In your case, it looks like you assume the mob's DEF to be 400-500?JOL is 800, so I'm not worried too much about that. For fSTR, I've been assuming one or zero before adding gear to give STR the advantage, but I'm looking for a closer approximation if possible.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Samonez View Post
    where are the weakest Arcana type mobs in the game that still give exp to a level 80 character?
    If you're doing a trial, I recommend just going to ro'maeve. At any given time there's usually a few people partied up, and during jp primetime there can be entire alliances burning shit down. You can knock out the trial quicker and more efficiently like this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Also, what is the best way to calculate gains from DA?
    New avg attacks/old avg attacks. Like a drg with brutal gains 1.07/1.05 (1.9%) from pole grip, a war would only gain 1.22/1.20 (1.67%).

I know how to calculate it; I'm just wondering what approximate values you use during the calculations. In your case, it looks like you assume the mob's DEF to be 400-500?JOL is 800, so I'm not worried too much about that. For fSTR, I've been assuming one or zero before adding gear to give STR the advantage, but I'm looking for a closer approximation if possible.
    There's no perfectly correct way to do it, just pick something and go, and understand your reference point. A Greater Colibri (lvl 82) has 67 vit and 327 defense base...not much in Ein/Dyna/Limbus will have higher than that, so it's generally safe to assume that or lower for standard TP burn events. If you're just interested in optimizing vs a higher level NM, then assume significantly higher, and don't forget the level correction. Also realize Dia/Angon/etc obviously need to considered as well.

In the end, for most TP burn events, 325ish is a pretty safe assumption. Past that, I'm really not sure, it's going to vary too much on a case-by-case basis.

I dont really have a general "this is the mob def I use".

I try to shoot for 1.5 pDif on harder mobs (after Dia3/angon/box step and full buffs on me) and capped pDif on low end mobs. So those are the values I use when comparing gear for those 2 situations.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That answers all of the questions, thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Has anyone determined how the "enhances counter damage" works on Utilion mantle?
    I went like 0 for 4 on the NM, so I haven't been able to test it.

The numbers I've seen tossed out there are 250-300 damage per counter.

No idea on what mobs they fought though...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there any way at all client side to tell the difference between ??? items. It annoys me to no end that someone could sell me a ??? dagger posing it as a matron's knife or something when in reality its some HTH or some shit.

There has to be a way in which one ??? item is separated from another. According to the dats though there's only one of each so I'm not sure how you'd go about telling which is which >.<

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

A bunch of random questions:

1: Is it possible to set weather conditions to a MMM maze? (I already know the answer is "no", but I just want to be 100% reassured of this).

2: Does anyone know the exact difference between Evasion and Evasion Skill? I've asked this before and have only gotten theories as answers.

3: Best time of day and best month/dates for Fire Weather in Cauldron, Zhayolm and Kuftal? (Someone said other Wiki was starting to document zone specific weather patterns by date/season - but I can't seem to find it).

4: Best beast/fire weather combination? The only things coming to mind are Beach Bunnies (Teriggan, highly contested for FoV) and Ovinniks (Kuftal - higher leveled, not very practical).

5: Cross-Counters vs Destroyers or STR Tapiens - strictly in a Counterstance vs NM sense? Let's say LBC. (Leaving out Ultion Mantle's enhanced damage, but including it's +2 Counter...) How good would Ultion Manlte have to be in order for Cross-Counters to overtake Destroyers or Tapiens with Counterstance up - if it doesn't already? Also, just assume the Counterstanced MNK has hate full time.

6: Can Spellcast be used to equip items based on moon phase? Can Spellcast be used to equip items based on whether or not you are engaged to a mob AND have hate?

7: Are there any BC60s or KS30s a MNK can go into, pop Hundred Fists and come out a winner pretty much every time? In the case of KS30, any a MNK/NIN could go into and just outlast the NM? (I was thinking maybe E-vase-ive action or the Manticore one... Not so sure if the Coeurl can be zerged down or not)

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You cannot apply weather effects to MMM in any form or shape sadly.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post

6: Can Spellcast be used to equip items based on moon phase? Can Spellcast be used to equip items based on whether or not you are engaged to a mob AND have hate?

Moon yes, engaged yes, having hate... doubt it, could probably setup something so that it switch whenever you lose a shadow/take damage.

7: Are there any BC60s or KS30s a MNK can go into, pop Hundred Fists and come out a winner pretty much every time? In the case of KS30, any a MNK/NIN could go into and just outlast the NM? (I was thinking maybe E-vase-ive action or the Manticore one... Not so sure if the Coeurl can be zerged down or not)

Not reallyyyyyyy... best pick is going to be sorcerer ring chest BC60
    Answers in bold

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Yes to moon (%Moon and %MoonPCT), probably no to the latter. You have %IsInCombat but I don't think there's a variable you could pair it with to check who has hate. Best you could do is be one step behind and check for shadow loss/damage taken/miss/etc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Edit: Nevermind. Found my answer.

What is the proc rate on Ranger's Double shot?
    I remember seeing a thread that was like 5% but otherwiki has it listed as 40%?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    What is the proc rate on Ranger's Double shot?
    I remember seeing a thread that was like 5% but otherwiki has it listed as 40%?
    Dont know for sure but it isnt as low as 5%.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What's a good low man setup for Lord Ruthven with a MNK/NIN tank?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast