1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    I'm Tldr: but how are you guys breaking shit so easily? I'm not even close to breaking things, and a few things say ????/number.
    That's the messed up display they're talking about iirc. Also I think when you repair via the NPC that seems to break quicker since it only restores up to half durability.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Anyone know a place that is currently unreachable? I might as well use my ability to fly while it last.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Thank god we can still equip items above our levels. Leveling is far too slow with level 1 weapons around level 15.

Repairing needs to be an automatic process from a crafter. Don't make me spend 10 minutes watching somebody hammer it. That's not why I'm here. I want to kill stuff and acquire shinies.
    >trade box open
    >I put item to be repaired by other person in a repair box
    >Hempen Fent or whatever piece of shit I need to repair my item automatically pops in another box
    >I can see other person's crafting level so I know what kind of quality in the repair I will be getting
    >I enter in monies I am giving the crafter to repair this for me or I just hit ok
    >Other person hits ok
    >Item automatically repaired to the crafter's potential
    >We go our separate ways after a total of 10 seconds of interaction
    If you're going to leave durability it that's the way to go. Repairing an entire ensemble would take HOURS the way it is now. Crummy system combined with UI lag makes it more worthwhile to just throw your gear out and buy new stuff instead of repairing it.

New Odin
    BG Level

I couldn't get to the upper la noscea at all during the last test. Go check what's there o=

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is it dying that is breaking your shit, or does attacking high monsters and being attacked by them cause shit to wear really quick? That would be a pain in the ass for partying..

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Is it dying that is breaking your shit, or does attacking high monsters and being attacked by them cause shit to wear really quick? That would be a pain in the ass for partying..
    Ive noticed that attacking higher level monsters wear your item quicker that the weaker light blue enemies.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post
    Thank god we can still equip items above our levels. Leveling is far too slow with level 1 weapons around level 15.
    Go play diablo 2 or WoW if you want that.

..oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I couldn't get to the upper la noscea at all during the last test. Go check what's there o=

Where is this place? My map is glitched at the moment and cant really see any location.

I'm walking over the ocean toward the big mountain right now, taking ton of screenshot in the process. There is a lot of really nice scenary.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post

Repairing needs to be an automatic process from a crafter. Don't make me spend 10 minutes watching somebody hammer it. That's not why I'm here. I want to kill stuff and acquire shinies.
    >trade box open
    >I put item to be repaired by other person in a repair box
    >Hempen Fent or whatever piece of shit I need to repair my item automatically pops in another box
    >I can see other person's crafting level so I know what kind of quality in the repair I will be getting
    >I enter in monies I am giving the crafter to repair this for me or I just hit ok
    >Other person hits ok
    >Item automatically repaired to the crafter's potential
    >We go our separate ways after a total of 10 seconds of interaction
    If you're going to leave durability it that's the way to go. Repairing an entire ensemble would take HOURS the way it is now. Crummy system combined with UI lag makes it more worthwhile to just throw your gear out and buy new stuff instead of repairing it.
    God yes, I hope you left that in feedback. The mini-game for making new shit is fine, but for repairs it really really needs to be streamlined like that.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Where is this place? My map is glitched at the moment and cant really see any location.

I'm walking over the ocean toward the big mountain right now, taking ton of screenshot in the process. There is a lot of really nice scenary.
    I think you're going the right way, it's up there.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

No, I mean that if higher rank leves take longer to do even in the intended level range, the CD makes more sense.

Like rank 1 leves I could finish in 5~10mins, rank 10 leves in 10~15mins and I assume it still goes up from that. If the leves get "harder" that is.

2 days CD doesn't make any sense when you can be done with all 8 leves in 30mins and doing them with other people just ain't worth the hassle, but later on it would be alright I think.
    All things considered equally, the kill x of y quests at any leve range takes the same amount of time, and varies only on the distance of targets from the base and each other.

The only difference between 20 and 30 leves are that there are less of kill x of y and more of find x amount of y, with less and less generous drop rates. Example: I had to kill easy Giant Slugs for almost 15 minutes to get 5 pages for the level 30 levequest Necrologos: The Inferno. I subsequently died to the 3 Fire Elementals that spawned afterwards. I could kill one before dying each time, but in the end only had 30s left to engage the last Fire Elemental, and that was assuming there wasn't a wave after because of some cheap drop rate on the final required item to complete the levequest.

Point is this is only long because I had to wait 3.5mins between each death because I'm not actually the right level for the quest.

Also, fire resist is a strange thing. One of the elemental's fire attacks hit me for 0 damage; it was completely mitigated. I had the base ele resist for my level, 138, and 45 fire affinity (40 from points, 5 from gear).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I didnt know there was qiqirn in this game, kinda nice.

I think you're going the right way, it's up there.
    Kinda boned myself with autorun. I tried to walk under an arc, and it kicked me really low. Not sure I will be able to "land" anywhere now.

Halfway there now, the world is huge.

[edit]

They need to make the map scroll 50 times faster....wtf is this scroll speed.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Look like I burned my wings trying to fly too high.

I was heading toward the big mountain and got auto kicked out. Now, it auto log me out every time I try to come back haha

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by brand View Post
    Point is this is only long because I had to wait 3.5mins between each death because I'm not actually the right level for the quest.
    Ah I see. I still think it sounds longer than the "kill 2 x, 2 y" leves in Bearded Rock but I'll take your word for it.

In that case I hope they make them longer, and more grindy too so you don't have to resort to killing normal mobs (aside from aggros during the leve).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well on that note on making leves taking longer to finish I'd say there's more variety in what you have to do already at 20 in Bloodshore. I've enjoyed those leves alot more than the ones in Bearded Rock and Skull Valley. Looking forward to attempting Cedarwood and Cassiopeia, just waiting for a friend to log on. >;

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Look like I burned my wings trying to fly too high.

I was heading toward the big mountain and got auto kicked out. Now, it auto log me out every time I try to come back haha
    Ha, I thought you were hacking or something. Wasn't aware this game gave you wings. Looks like I'm far behind.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Ha, I thought you were hacking or something. Wasn't aware this game gave you wings. Looks like I'm far behind.
    Nah, I was heading toward the repair npc when suddently, my character slipped off the bridge after a tiny lag. My z value was stuck, and I could run anywhere since there was no environment to stop me.

Reminded me of the good time I had with pos.exe in FFXI, except it was legit this time! I dont think I was able to find anything interesting that people couldnt reach before though.

BG Level

Cool, the thought of actual wings like other MMOs actually turned me off. The other cities aren't in the game yet are they? I would love to see them before the final release. Would suck to not know what your starting area looks like before you chose. I know Lima looks far different then the concept art.

BG Level

Double Post.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

And while I'm a long rent, whoever designed the guildleve exchange menu need to be punched. Who thought it was a good idea to design this menu? Did he fails his user interface 101 class or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Cool, the thought of actual wings like other MMOs actually turned me off. The other cities aren't in the game yet are they? I would love to see them before the final release. Would suck to not know what your starting area looks like before you chose. I know Lima looks far different then the concept art.
    Only Aion did it before, it's not that common.

I love getting bird view over the area I use all the time...it's a shame we wont get anything like this in FFXIV. Hopefully, this glitch will be easily repeatable.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And while I'm a long rent, whoever designed the guildleve exchange menu need to be punched. Who thought it was a good idea to design this menu? Did he fails his user interface 101 class or something?

Only Aion did it before, it's not that common.

I love getting bird view over the area I use all the time...it's a shame we wont get anything like this in FFXIV. Hopefully, this glitch will be easily repeatable.
    Well, airships are still a possibility. Unlikely, but possible. ^^