1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 98 138 146 147 148
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ugh, in other news, did anyone get any anima from last night to today? Down to 3 and I'm hoping to snag another one before I get back from work so I can ghetto port back to town.

I did a little poking on the beta forums and nobody seems to have a formula for the time-based regeneration.

Edit: In other, OTHER news, I started thinking about the durability issue again on the way to work. I got to thinking about the alpha discussion people were having about end-game fights and having blacksmiths on the side to repair people's gear during the fight to minimize downtime and it got me to thinking: what if SE incorporates durability-diminishing attacks into certain monster/boss fights?

Think about it in terms of the classic Warrior "break" abilities. Armor break, head break, blah blah. Now, if SE is really trying to push this durability thing, then I could absolutely see them having some mobs or bosses with attacks that target specific slots instead of just plain hp. Granted, this would be incredibly annoying, but it would also open up certain fights to be a lot more strategic, as you'd have to worry about not simply staying alive, but also managing the equipment of your tanks/mages, ect; a sort of third dimension to the standard "kill or be killed" equation.

Obviously we won't have break abilities ourselves unless SE modified them to actually break the target's weapon (which... I guess could be possible considering that we can blow up specific parts of enemies, IE. those magicked bones skulls), or if SE ever decided to expand on PVP, but its something to think about.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    Lancers haste is Lancer only, can't use it on another class anymore.

Bloodbath is average compared to Second Wind when used cross class. Having both is ok though if you combine Bloodbath with a higher damage skill or weaponskill, depends on the class.

Glads defense boost isn't worth it cross class, Defender (from Marauder) might be though.
    Just adding to this:

Rampart used cross class is on an 8 minute cooldown. The effect wears off well before the 8mins is up.

Defender used cross class is on a 48 second cooldown. The effect lasts for at least a few minutes, so it could be kept on indefinitely if needed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    Just adding to this:

Rampart used cross class is on an 8 minute cooldown. The effect wears off well before the 8mins is up.

Defender used cross class is on a 48 second cooldown. The effect lasts for at least a few minutes, so it could be kept on indefinitely if needed.
    Lancer Feint can be silenced, so apparently its listed as a magic attack? I know I could not do it when fighting slugs after being silenced by their TP move.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Can anyone tell me who and where the repair npc is?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by mastamind View Post
    Can anyone tell me who and where the repair npc is?
    Forget his name: The elzen male with the goggles in the second shop area of the hawkers alley. Check the middle of the shop, on the left side. He's standing alone, with the mohawk haircut and goggles.

Be warned: his prices are cheap but he only takes your gear up to 50%, so plan on a lot of return trips.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Did people notice that the official site also updated the blacksmith and miner to explain how they will function in battle? Looks like blacksmith is getting some kind of treasure hunter skill.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Your're 2-3months old

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

So my weapon just lasted 30 minutes from 50% grinding goats...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

@Durability:

I really don't know how people are breaking their shit so quickly even after a NPC repair unless you're fighting things you really shouldn't be yet. Instead of repairing it myself, I did it from the NPC and it lasted a lot more than an hour. Also I'm pretty sure weapon property vs monster strength comes heavily into play as well when it comes to durability, e.g piercing on a lizard will likely break your weapon since they have thick hides.

New Odin
    BG Level

Surprisingly I didn't run into any runtime errors today while logging, hopefully they've taken care of most of them. Was able to finish all 3 leves and even got to rank 6 like that. Very nice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    @Durability:

I really don't know how people are breaking their shit so quickly even after a NPC repair unless you're fighting things you really shouldn't be yet. Instead of repairing it myself, I did it from the NPC and it lasted a lot more than an hour. Also I'm pretty sure weapon property vs monster strength comes heavily into play as well when it comes to durability, e.g piercing on a lizard will likely break your weapon since they have thick hides.
    Fighting turqoise and dark blue gnats and dodos will break my 50% spear in 30-40 minutes. If durability is based on the type/strength of mobs you fight, then swishy gnats and semi-squishy birds should have my stuff lasting a life time.

Pity that it doesn't, and I wouldn't even care if I could repair at nodes, but I've burned all my anima warping back home and back to bloodshore - not the quickest walk on foot. I've decided that I'll burn my last bit of anima when I get off work (3 left right now - hopefully I get one for port), then just work on blacksmithing or pug for the rest of the night. I got my leves done, so I'm happy one way or another.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Been fighting Cassiopeias for about half an hour with 50%, I'm still hitting for above 0% dura damage.

On the other hand, I've noticed I stop getting full skill points per fight around the time my chat log "fills up" and starts to stutter from surrounding messages coming in but not displayed as it is filtered.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^
    Did you open your menu to make sure the skill points just weren't displaying via the chat box?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    ^
    Did you open your menu to make sure the skill points just weren't displaying via the chat box?
    I relogged already. Will check next time.

The situation I was referring to is earning more than 70 points, but the log only reports earning 70 points. So something is being displayed, it's just not adding up right. No idea if this is only nominal.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Does anyone know where to get a bronze spear clasp and a maple spear shaft? Trying to make a harpoon.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level