1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 55 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Zeh View Post
    Anyone else still unable to kill dodos and goats after like 3 days of hardcore grinding?
    me and 3 friends (lv 4-6) were able to kill dodo's. They have a conal fuck you up move, so position accordingly lol

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kawfee View Post
    I've heard several times the terms "regional" and "local" guildleves, but don't understand the difference. Also I thought I heard local guildleves and crafting guildleves (are these the same thing? is one a subset of the other?) are turned off.
    Is it possible with those back on, and the ability to help others in guildleves and still get the bonus rewards (thought I read that in patch notes?) would give you enough guildleves to do?
    I think more than that, they need to make the grouping mechanics better. So people would actively make parties and look for them, since there really is no reason not to if you have enough time to play.

Local leves = crafting leves, yes.

Two things

If you fail a leve can you repeat it? If so where do I get it again?
    I failed like 3 the other day because of DC's mid leve

Another thing is Ranged Attack and Ranged Accuracy able to been seen still? On a Pugilist I was unable to see those stats in the beta but in the Alpha I was able I'm pretty sure (At least on Marauder I was)

Also does upgrading your elemental stuff increase resistance or your potency with the spells? Or Both

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    the dodo's are awesome... their like stalkers, they stare/follow you around haha
    I love when I'm mining or logging and out of nowhere a random dodo will bumrush me and stop right infront of me lol.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Two things

If you fail a leve can you repeat it? If so where do I get it again?
    I failed like 3 the other day because of DC's mid leve

Another thing is Ranged Attack and Ranged Accuracy able to been seen still? On a Pugilist I was unable to see those stats in the beta but in the Alpha I was able I'm pretty sure (At least on Marauder I was)

Also does upgrading your elemental stuff increase resistance or your potency with the spells? Or Both
    Yeah currently it fails when you d/c (can't repeat), and it better be fixed in time for retail >_>

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    i haven't been paying as much attention as any of you, but what's the archetypical tank class going to be? (or what seems to be it) and what type of tank? are we talking more along the lines of paladin or more along the lines of eva/shadow tanking as with ninja?

i also saw "Two Handed Shield" in one of the other threads as an option for a weapon, does this mean the tank class will literally just be one big shield?
    Early levels gladiator with a shield is retardedly broken as far as damage taken in a tank role. The only problem is maintaining hate in a party. I was fighting red dots and taking 0 damage at least 50% of the time using guard.

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Only thing thats bugging me atm is the lack of shortcut keys to inv, equip, journal, etc. Also tabbing is kind of awkward, reverse tabbing (shift+tab) stops your character when walking, and theres no F key to target NPCs/Mobs, which is annoying.

And like people have been saying, the passive/active thing is not fluid at all, no reason you should have to stop to do it.

Also not sure why people dont like using the keyboard, it's mostly fine, just takes a second to get used to ijkl. Theres no need to use a mouse in this game if youre using keyboard, so im not real sure why people are syaing they hate using the mouse when they dont have to at all.
    No ctrl-r hurts my soul as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Kawfee View Post
    I've heard several times the terms "regional" and "local" guildleves, but don't understand the difference. Also I thought I heard local guildleves and crafting guildleves (are these the same thing? is one a subset of the other?) are turned off.
    Is it possible with those back on, and the ability to help others in guildleves and still get the bonus rewards (thought I read that in patch notes?) would give you enough guildleves to do?

Kind of glad to hear this, as all I ever used in FFXI was keyboard, never used gamepad or mouse (Mouse mainly being pointless), seems really stupid to use a gamepad you have to set down to start typing, then pick back up to do shit, I'd get real tired of switching back and forth over and over (caveat - have not tried it, no beta invite for meeeeeeeee)
    Local are given out at Limsa Lominsa., Regional could be something to do with the faction, as supposedly there are 3 factions (in Lominsa) and depending on their status, they control that region.

The thing about sharing leves is that, if someone is greedy they will run to the mob first and start killing it, if you do a small percentage of damage or none you get XP but no or little SP, I got a little cheesed off last night because this was happening a lot when i was sharing leve's.

So it kind of feels like you are sharing your leves are someone else is benifiting more than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I'm honestly concerned that they expect to have everything ironed out and ready for release in 3 months. Basic game mechanics and concepts do not seem to be set in stone yet, or perhaps they were and no one liked them.

I admire SE for wanting to do their own thing but you can't really until the basics are in place first. Gameplay and controls are 2 things that should be first and foremost before addressing 20 other things at once or whatever they seem to be doing.
    Cosigning this, I'd rather them push it back to November at the earliest, September 30 seems really sketchy at this point, and that first month is oh so critical to any new mmo.

Then again if I wasn't in beta I'd want them to start retail NOW

Random Fact: you can dodge enemy WS's that have long start up animations by running behind them or out of range

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    The thing about sharing leves is that, if someone is greedy they will run to the mob first and start killing it, if you do a small percentage of damage or none you get XP but no or little SP, I got a little cheesed off last night because this was happening a lot when i was sharing leve's.
    Gotta do a higher star leve in that case, aye?

It's hard to know what's the "best" difficulty though, it's kinda shady at least in the lower ranks.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    Random Fact: you can dodge enemy WS's that have long start up animations by running behind them or out of range
    Rats do this a lot to an annoying effect.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

regional are for camp bearded rock, skull rock, ect...
    Local are inside the city and usually crafting centric as what i gathered from alpha.
    btw - skull rock bee's leve is brutal, when u have one left it runs away and by the time u catch up it has friends to ass rape u. We did that one (we were lv 5-6) as 3 star and got raped lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    I'm honestly concerned that they expect to have everything ironed out and ready for release in 3 months. Basic game mechanics and concepts do not seem to be set in stone yet, or perhaps they were and no one liked them.

I admire SE for wanting to do their own thing but you can't really until the basics are in place first. Gameplay and controls are 2 things that should be first and foremost before addressing 20 other things at once or whatever they seem to be doing.
    I agree. I don't see how this game can come out in September based off of it's current state with almost nothing figured out. They should just push it back to March with the PS3 version just to get the mechanics figured out. I'd rather play a polished game than a glorified beta test that you have to pay for.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Gotta do a higher star leve in that case, aye?

It's hard to know what's the "best" difficulty though, it's kinda shady at least in the lower ranks.
    Yea but it will become a never ending effect.

Does most damage >> gets biggest % of SP >> levels faster >> does even more damage >> gets an even bigger % of SP >> levels even faster.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by brand View Post
    Rats do this a lot to an annoying effect.
    Does the running completely stop the WS or just raise your evasion for it? I've had lots of rats run when I use concussive blow but it still hits them about as often as mobs that don't run. Or maybe they just suck at running/evasion.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Was thinking if SE decides to restrict only one craft to max(unless fishing/other gathering crafts can be maxed as well here too) then that would be one reason to get an alt/mule otherwise I don't see any other reasons.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yea but it will become a never ending effect.

Does most damage >> gets biggest % of SP >> levels faster >> does even more damage >> gets an even bigger % of SP >> levels even faster.
    Oh so you mean the guy that does most damage gets most SP? That's new info to me, was it like that in Alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Gonna assume M. Hand attack/Accuracy counts and ranged depending on what you have equipped, mostly because there's no AGI stat.

Link removed by mod due to NDA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    Attuning yourself to a certain element increases both your attack power with, and defense against, spells of the same aspect.

User was infracted for this post.

Are you complaining about your physical level going up but not your class level here or am I misreading it? I'm not sure what SP means.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also pissed the hume f gets more skin naked than mithra.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I love when people assume what we're seeing is what we're getting. Did you honestly think in the short time the game went from Alpha to Beta it would have been that huge of an improvement? Sorry but by even normal game development standards that was too quick to have a whole new version of the game ready this quickly.

Even FMO was more polished than XI when it was released. FFXIV will be fine in the 3 months that's left, especially considering they already have things ready to roll out, e.g different battle system for beta already. In reality every new release of a MMO is a glorified beta test because shortly after there's always a patch or update that normalizes just about everything (unless the developers are failtastic)..people worry WAY too much, the game has been in production for five years. That's a lot longer than the majority of MMOs and even single player games out there.

@mintyice:

People can't logically figure things out from an Alpha/Beta...that's when the game is released. People are too busy trying to "play" the beta like it's a normal release it IS still in a testing phase, things ARE more than likely to change. Take a breather people lol.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast