1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 50 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amaya Yumishi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    no more 8426 movement? i am disappoint
    You can still use the numpad to move around, though I can't remember if you want num lock on or off for that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    Are you complaining about your physical level going up but not your class level here or am I misreading it? I'm not sure what SP means.
    Sp = skill points, not complaining that im gaining physical levels, complaining that you won't be gaining skill levels as fast as you should be, obvious skill level is more important to a characters growth than physical level.

[QUOTE=Ghostsix.Midgard;3957452]Gonna assume M. Hand attack/Accuracy counts and ranged depending on what you have equipped, mostly because there's no AGI stat.

Picture removed by mod : posting in game pcits are against the NDA

Question about TP. Does the amount of TP you have go up with your skill level and/or physical level? And to me that 3000 seems pretty high in comparison to HP/MP. Seems a little odd that they'd just use 3000 instead of just using a smaller number and having the attacks require a smaller amount as well.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I love when people assume what we're seeing is what we're getting.
    On some things it's a legitimate concern, although pointless because there's nothing we can do about it.

Like in the case of controls, we don't know if their programmers are even skilled enough to pull it off right, SE is not that good as a PC developer.

Are any JP's really? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Sp = skill points, not complaining that im gaining physical levels, complaining that you won't be gaining skill levels as fast as you should be, obvious skill level is more important to a characters growth than physical level.
    That doesn't really sound like an issue to me. If you're in a party doing leves you should be fighting monsters that one player can't kill on his own anyway. But any advancements you gain to your physical level means you can kill higher level monsters regardless of your class rank, so you'll skill up faster there anyway.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Does most damage >> gets biggest % of SP >> levels faster >> does even more damage >> gets an even bigger % of SP >> levels even faster.
    It's definitely not only based on who does the most damage to a monster. Me and my friend duoed from 1 to lv12 (Pugilist and Gladiator) and on some fights the other one got alot more SP even though they joined the fight when the monster was on half health or lower. It evened out in the long run and I tried to figure out what SP was really based off but it just seemed very random.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Oh so you mean the guy that does most damage gets most SP? That's new info to me, was it like that in Alpha?
    The times I was paying attention while duoing random mobs and leves with 2-4 peeps is that we always got the same exp, even if I whiffed a lot (lolARC) or did nothing. As long as I was in the same general area. Friend was like 2 levels higher than me on both class and rank.

Skillups were all over the place, I'd get 145 skill points on easy prey rats I could 3 shot, but some rapeface roselings would give junk or nothing at all. Everything seems really random. Beta etc.

I really think it's still too early to try to break certain things down.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    It's definitely not only based on who does the most damage to a monster. Me and my friend duoed from 1 to lv12 (Pugilist and Gladiator) and sure on some fights the other one got alot more SP even though they joined the fight when the monster was on half health or lower. It evened out in the long run and I tried to figure out what SP was really based off but it just seemed very random.
    Ahh ok, must have just jumped to conclusions then, it does seem very starnge though especially how XP is divided evenly.

That doesn't really sound like an issue to me. If you're in a party doing leves you should be fighting monsters that one player can't kill on his own anyway. But any advancements you gain to your physical level means you can kill higher level monsters regardless of your class rank, so you'll skill up faster there anyway.
    Physical level has a very small effect on killing monsters, even gathers/crafters gain physical levels from crafting and gathering.

Its the class level which makes the big difference in FF14.

New Odin
    BG Level

It's also weird that Physical levels that you can only level up once raises higher than skill ranks that you can level more than once depending on class.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    i haven't been paying as much attention as any of you, but what's the archetypical tank class going to be? (or what seems to be it) and what type of tank? are we talking more along the lines of paladin or more along the lines of eva/shadow tanking as with ninja?

i also saw "Two Handed Shield" in one of the other threads as an option for a weapon, does this mean the tank class will literally just be one big shield?
    my pug seems to be good at it haha.. I can self heal for a good amount of my own hp, and I evade alot especially with 2-3 stacks of conc blow or whatever that lowers mob accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Also pissed the hume f gets more skin naked than mithra.
    same here ;/ waiting for mods...!

also btw that ffxiv fansite thing is a nice way to find people and what server they are on, just lookup.. erosensei gulkeeva haha
    I've had a few Jp top and say something to me... wonder if its anyone I knew...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

On some things it's a legitimate concern, although pointless because there's nothing we can do about it.

Like in the case of controls, we don't know if their programmers are even skilled enough to pull it off right, SE is not that good as a PC developer.

Are any JP's really? >_>
    Ever play Touhou games? >.>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Does the running completely stop the WS or just raise your evasion for it? I've had lots of rats run when I use concussive blow but it still hits them about as often as mobs that don't run. Or maybe they just suck at running/evasion.
    Just evasion up. My experience is the skill misses/gets dodged more than not when a rat runs, and it was a godsend to get Jarring Strike (which stuns+damages), even though it still suffers from my normal miss rate + rat's innate evasion.

@Myth, the tp number is the max you can store in any given combat.

@Hyan, pretty sure skill points are a general proc. In alpha, the proc rate was related to the mob difficulty, but that model seems to have been tossed out the window in the current build. Guardian's Aspect during guildleves gives you a buff that supposedly increases the skill points proc rate, but I haven't really noticed it (I'm assuming, thus, that the bonus is something super low like 1%).

Also, the thing about physical levels and item scaling makes me hopeful, because one of the things I hated most about changing classes was the gear management (among resetting of skills) in alpha. It meant that you had to sit on all your level 1, level 8, level 12, level 14, etc crap for eternity since it was all based on class ranks, let alone that you had to re-equip everything every time. This new shift towards physical rank requirements and scaling makes gear management so much simpler.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally got my account working! Now I just need for the servers to come up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostsix.Midgard View Post
    The times I was paying attention while duoing random mobs and leves with 2-4 peeps is that we always got the same exp, even if I whiffed a lot (lolARC) or did nothing. As long as I was in the same general area. Friend was like 2 levels higher than me on both class and rank.
    Yeah, if you're two people in the party the experience points are split in half. It doesn't seem to matter what physical level you have. I'm unsure that you can just stand at a distance without doing anything and still get EXP though. From what I could tell you had to atleast be somewhat close and preferably interact with the monster in some way. Be it you hitting it, or it hitting you.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

When I hit 17 physical I started getting "Surplus polearm skill points". Any idea what these are? I would get them at the end of the battle, right after it tallied up my normal skill points.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It's also weird that Physical levels that you can only level up once raises higher than skill ranks that you can level more than once depending on class.
    I'm not sure if this is entirely true. I've been leveling Pugilist exclusively now and I found a pretty good spot to level at Lv9. At the time I was 9/11 and now I'm almost 13 Pugilist while my Physical has reached 13 as well. It seem to be alot easier to get SP from certain monsters while some it's really hard to get anything from (read: Aurelia). My point is that my class level has started to catch up to my physical and pretty fast at that.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    I'm not sure if this is entirely true. I've been leveling Pugilist exclusively now and I found a pretty good spot to level at Lv9. At the time I was 9/11 and now I'm almost 13 Pugilist while my Physical has reached 13 as well. It seem to be alot easier to get SP from certain monsters while some it's really hard to get anything from (read: Aurelia). My point is that my class level has started to catch up to my physical pretty fast at that.
    Yeah I see, might be just a low level thing.

However IMO PL should raise a lot slower than SR, at least that would make more sense to me.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    When I hit 17 physical I started getting "Surplus polearm skill points". Any idea what these are? I would get them at the end of the battle, right after it tallied up my normal skill points.
    Yah I got those too; it was always in the order of 10%. I didn't pay attention to when it started though, and only noticed it at P.rank 18, so it was anyone's guess what activated it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Maybe its a bonus effect to try and even them out ?

Would be ineteresting to know if you get the message when starting a new class.

Out of curiosity, how do you move windows? I can't find it out anywhere. Regular click-drag doesn't work.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast