1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've seen that. It's kind of annoying when you see an unclaimed mob running around, you get ready to battle, go up to it to attack and it says you can't. Especially annoying due to the lack of low level mobs and people seriously camping for them to respawn.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by YukonWildAss View Post
    What does it look like when someone is fighting monsters for their own guildleve? Can you see the guildleve monsters but just not attack them?
    I dunno about you but seemed invisible for me, i saw a few people hitting invisible stuff (or maybe they just lagged insanely? haha)

Although the lalafell male npc at the start of the fields... "quest" he gave with... some little.. flee's and beetles? or something were running rampant everywhere and I was unable to attack them

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by mastamind View Post
    But for some reason no mobs have their name color change when engaged by someone else.
    Was kind of suprised to see this, especially considering in 11 they go purple.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

There was an issue where newly created characters were being distributed disproportionately to the Kefka World until Jul. 13, 19:30 (PDT). Currently new character creation on the Kefka World has been temporarily suspended.

Since most characters have been created on the Kefka World, we ask that you please delete your current character and recreate another character if you feel that the world is too congested.

After the Jul. 14 Beta Test, world selection will be available at the time of character creation.

World selection!

You can see guildleve monsters spawned
    You can't attack them.

You can literally see them before they do, too. Its funny watching people being chased down by Syphid swarms.

Those fucking swarms...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    World selection!
    That's good, I was reeeeeeally hoping that would be available by time of release.

New Odin
    BG Level

Oh no wonder others had huge queues to get on the server but I didn't have any issues haha

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    It works the same as XI
    Pressing space will act like /s, and typing /sh, /s and /p works too.
    Also, if you have a window up, like the guildleve selection or something, it seems the space and / won't open the chat and you have to actually usethe mouse to click in the chat box somewhere to activate it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Shadowsong

Oooooh! That explains why there were a gazillion people at Camp Bearded Rock on Kefka. And also how I managed to make 2 characters in a row there.

Yay for World Select! Wish we'd had that from the start really. I'd have had an extra hour and a half testing time on Saturday if we had.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I once I login I stay logged in although...!

after you stay logged in or 4-5 hours, I noticed the amount of ram ffxiv uses is around 1.2gb-1.4gb and it starts acting odd , need to restart it then but other then that no issues/lag I've seen 9cpet the ati issue)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Also, if you have a window up, like the guildleve selection or something, it seems the space and / won't open the chat and you have to actually usethe mouse to click in the chat box somewhere to activate it.
    Yea, quite annoying tbh.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    World selection!
    Ok nevermind...

I got into beta (kinda)

Got it on an email to an ID that was canceled (ID canceled in April, got email last night) so I talked to SE and they reactivated the ID and its working but I don't see beta being a registered service and I can't log on to the beta site yet (if ever)

So... bleh...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

In general, it feels like the mouse is a slow way to get through menus. It feels like things take longer than they should. I think they should have keys mapped to open up menu sections, sort of like WoW does (not that I want it exactly that way -- it's just you could find whatever you wanted quickly).

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zeh View Post
    In general, it feels like the mouse is a slow way to get through menus. It feels like things take longer than they should. I think they should have keys mapped to open up menu sections, sort of like WoW does (not that I want it exactly that way -- it's just you could find whatever you wanted quickly).
    Home key + arrow keys. Why are you using mouse?
    And im sure theyll do what XI did and make ctrl+i, etc open stuff.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

I looked at the controls but didn't see anything about taking screenshots, what are you guys doing to take screenshot....I want to take many tomorrow morning XD

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fraps, etc.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Currently there's no way to change keybindings as far as I can tell.
    you can remap them in winblows and apparently it carries over to in game, at least that's what I was told. look up "sharp keys"

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Fraps, etc.
    Cool, thats what I was thinking but I was wondering if there was a way to do without fraps.

Clearly hotkeys and other things like camera customization is needed. It was annoying to have to go through 3 other sub-menus to see your class quest. Also I don't see the need to have leves obtained in the adventurers guild then activated at the proper aetheryte. Just have those regional leves at the camps they are for...

It seems like most everything has unnecessary steps and is much slower than necessary. If a person had no idea about FFXI or its related systems then I could imagine that person doing almost nothing during a beta test which would frustrate a lot of potential players.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast