1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast

Remember alllllll the way back to the retainers talk.
    If there are eight zones and that it stays that way, I imagine they expect the playerbase to develop a market culture where each zone is expected to carry certain wares. Things will probably end up organizing themselves like that (along with tweakings from SE).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    It's my Beta and I'll stress if I want to... stress if I want too... stress if I want tooooooo.
    That's my book stay outta mah book!!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    The spells are not AoE for conjurer, I don't care what the tooltip says or what you remember. I have had mobs literally on top of eachother and the log still shows one mob taking damage and viewing the other mobs health shows no drop at all.
    They are. Extending the AoE range is one of the bugs SE has listed on their "to-do" list of fixes. Its part of the "known issues" post every test.

wheres the tutorial that tells me about what stat has which effect in combat?
    its not on the beta side and id like to memorize for next time

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's on the Call of Adventurer thingy on Aetheryte for future reference.

Str - Physical Attack
    Vit - Physical Defense
    Dex - Physical Accuracy

Int - Magical Attack
    Mnd - Magical Defense
    Pie - Magical Accuracy

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Just curious if the apparent imbalance for the mage classes is being talked about on the beta forums? I'm hoping it gets enough attention so that the problems don't just slip through the cracks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Just curious if the apparent imbalance for the mage classes is being talked about on the beta forums? I'm hoping it gets enough attention so that the problems don't just slip through the cracks.
    mage is fine, it just isnt god in the first 5 levels, honestly many classes start slow, and the ones that dont, usually slow down later. lnc is ehhh till speed surge right now. pug is ehhh at 10 compared to other jobs. By the time you hit 20, if your class seems like it sucks totally then id worry

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Bronzebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Nartosar View Post
    Remember alllllll the way back to the retainers talk.
    If there are eight zones and that it stays that way, I imagine they expect the playerbase to develop a market culture where each zone is expected to carry certain wares. Things will probably end up organizing themselves like that (along with tweakings from SE).
    And what if you want to sell different types of items (ie junk).. besides if they want this to take place they will need to force people to a specicfic zone, allowing players to choose zones for themselves will result in the completely oppisite of what you are suggesting.

Of course all they really need is a search function that links all retainers together, you wouldn't need an AH then, but then nor would you need 8 zones in which to physically look through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    allowing players to choose zones for themselves will result in the completely oppisite of what you are suggesting.
    No, read again.
    But you do strike true at the "varied wares" part. Wouldn't work with that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

They should just add an AH in the cities and be done with it. Personally, I like a central place to do all shopping etc. It simplifies things. No need to go way off the radar.

Also, in regards to classes "starting out slow", I feel like this is very old and dated. To be able to start a class and to have a couple of options for abilities/spells early on is what makes a class enticing to play from the start. The idea of waiting until level 40 to get something is not cool imo.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

What is the marketplace going to be exactly? Auction house, manually checking every bazaar or a search function that links every bazaar?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

Basically, as it stands, it's a lot of instanced this- (Spoilered for hugeness)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you've read the last few pages then yeah, right now it seems to be 8 zones of bazaars at Rolanberry. People are hoping that it becomes a searchable feature or maybe just bring back the AH system like FFXI. Having both would be ideal though.

New Odin
    BG Level

FFXI's AH was opened in the first major update after release iirc.

Idk if they'll do the same here, but it's a possibility.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

UI Customization and Addons

Does anyone know if there will be any UI Customization in FF14 or addon's like WoW has?

Thanks

Mappo Runt

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alpha client has hinted at a LUA engine, now it might have been just for SE.

Sincerely doubt it.

The default UI is currently customizable in the sense that you can put them anywhere you want in the window, not sure if they have some delete/add feature planned.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo Runt View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be any UI Customization in FF14 or addon's like WoW has?

Thanks

Mappo Runt
    As of now, no.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo Runt View Post

Thanks

Mappo Runt
    addon support is the last thing I would expect from SE.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok so im going to be copying the FFXIV Beta install from my XP Pro SP3 32bit machine to my o/h Win 7 64bit PC later on today.

Just about to do the copy to an external HD want to make sure i have everything i need.

C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version

Copied that entire directory. (6.08 GB)

My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version

Copied that entire direcotry. (932 KB)

Do i need anything else? Registery settings or anything?

Many thanks blugartians!

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Ok so im going to be copying the FFXIV Beta install from my XP Pro SP3 32bit machine to my o/h Win 7 64bit PC later on today.

Just about to do the copy to an external HD want to make sure i have everything i need.

C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version

Copied that entire directory. (6.08 GB)

My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version

Copied that entire direcotry. (932 KB)

Do i need anything else? Registery settings or anything?

Many thanks blugartians!
    Just reinstall the main client and then copy your old files into the new directory.