1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147 148 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

What subskills are actually good? I've leveled up a few subjobs and nothing I use seems worthwhile.

On my PUG, I tried Bloodbath out, which was healing for 25-35 HP with a cooldown around 1:45 (compared to over 100 HP and 1 minute cooldown on Second Wind). I tried to use Ferocity in conjunction with it to get more damage and a bigger heal, but that didn't really do much either. With the huge stamina cost of combining those two abilities it was -very- underwhelming.

Having a lengthened cooldown as well as a reduced effect seems overkill to me.

I think I'm going to get Gladiators defense boost and Lancer's haste next to see if they're worthwhile.

Have you guys been able to come up with nice builds using subskills or have you found any diamonds in the rough that are really effective?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I remember seeing a repair guy in the lower part of town, he usually stands where npc sells grips.
    I tried repairing my weapon with 80% durability and he turned me down.
    not sure if its because i didnt have material or he only repairs a certain percent.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Altar of Storms

Quote Originally Posted by brand View Post
    The exchange menu is fine. I think the people who have a beef with it don't understand what the exchange is for.

When you get a new leve, it shows you its objective and rewards, then asks to exchange leves. What I assume people are missing, is that each leve you exchange (pending that you actually completed it, which puts a 1-star by the title) buffs the rewards of the leve you are obtaining. That's why you can exchange 0-4 leves each time you choose a new one. The only stipulation of course is you HAVE to swap a leve if you have 8 old ones.

The only problem I had with the exchange menu is last saturday, at some point I had 8 levees completed: 3 lvl 1, 3 lvl 10, 2 lvl 20. When I wanted to select the last lvl 20 levee that was available, it said "no levee available for exchange" and it cancelled the NPC interaction. Yesterday it worked fine, it might have been a bug.

On another note, has anyone confirmed if the gear you get is better if you exchange levees ? The name of the piece of gear gets in yellow (like the gil) after you've selected levees to exchange, although I've never noticed the name of the gear changing.

Also, any indication some exchangable levee might be 2 stars or more, and not only a 0-1 star ? If there's some funky, hard way to get 2+ stars levees for exchange and that it allows for gear upgrades, it'd make things interesting to try and get the best gear available from levees.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp View Post
    What subskills are actually good? I've leveled up a few subjobs and nothing I use seems worthwhile.

On my PUG, I tried Bloodbath out, which was healing for 25-35 HP with a cooldown around 1:45 (compared to over 100 HP and 1 minute cooldown on Second Wind). I tried to use Ferocity in conjunction with it to get more damage and a bigger heal, but that didn't really do much either. With the huge stamina cost of combining those two abilities it was -very- underwhelming.

Having a lengthened cooldown as well as a reduced effect seems overkill to me.

I think I'm going to get Gladiators defense boost and Lancer's haste next to see if they're worthwhile.

Have you guys been able to come up with nice builds using subskills or have you found any diamonds in the rough that are really effective?
    Lancers haste is Lancer only, can't use it on another class anymore.

Bloodbath is average compared to Second Wind when used cross class. Having both is ok though if you combine Bloodbath with a higher damage skill or weaponskill, depends on the class.

Glads defense boost isn't worth it cross class, Defender (from Marauder) might be though.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Boulderfist

Maybe durability is another reason to encourage party play. I assume your weapon and gear wear out at a slower rate since you're not the only person doing and taking damage. Though I'm not too sure about an over reliance on one single craft to perform everybody's repair.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Holy fuck you are a broken record Lucavi.

Everytime you make something new, you have no idea if it will work or not. You can only assume what might happen.

Its beta. You're supposed to give your feedback while its beta; while things can still change.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

You were unable to make the purchase. wtf -_-

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Safe to say those necrologos quests won't exactly get done solo at level 22. Fire elementals = wtf whoa billy. That's about 30 slugs and 3 fire eles in a half hour? O.o

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

We had to run the mobs to the Aetheryte and cheat to beat the leve... But then the game booted us on the last one rofl.

Logged out 4 times and cant fix this purchasing bug.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mortilia View Post
    The only problem I had with the exchange menu is last saturday, at some point I had 8 levees completed: 3 lvl 1, 3 lvl 10, 2 lvl 20. When I wanted to select the last lvl 20 levee that was available, it said "no levee available for exchange" and it cancelled the NPC interaction. Yesterday it worked fine, it might have been a bug.
    You're only allowed 8 leves per cooldown.

@repairs, the indication for a broken weapon seem a bit bugged also. I was definitely under the impression my weapon was around 30% durability from its tooltip when I suddenly started hitting mobs for damage levels I only see at broken. Went back to the NPC and lo and behold, it's at 0%.

On a related note, has anyone figured out exactly which craft fists fall under? Bone Horas and Tortoiseshell Horas give the impression of... bonecrafting, of which does not exist. I have yet to find a bone chip from my 10 minutes of mining (and bugging out), so any insight on this would be fantastic, as trying to manually repair my tortoiseshell fists results in a not-high-enough-skill message.

And finally, on an unrelated note, I want to suggest that the next incarnation of this thread be split into a speculation thread and a (simple) questions thread, if maybe to stop the 1 question threads that keep popping up.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Leather.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Its beta. You're supposed to give your feedback while its beta; while things can still change.
    Does that include the leaky vag about HNM's and the "SE defense force" you keep always babbling about? I can't even get through all the butthurt to care about your actual point.

And if you want to say "sometimes things just don't work out like they're supposed to", thanks for blowing my mind with the overwhelming knowledge!

You hide behind your "point" to get to whine and bitch time and time again. Shut the fuck up already.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Leather.
    Thanks.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

So the NPCs can only repair stuff to 50% and you can't trade/sell items that aren't 100% durability... How the hell are you supposed to trade a crafter the item you need repaired? Does this mean you have to level the craft yourself?

Sounds like fail to me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan View Post
    So the NPCs can only repair stuff to 50% and you can't trade/sell items that aren't 100% durability... How the hell are you supposed to trade a crafter the item you need repaired? Does this mean you have to level the craft yourself?

Sounds like fail to me.
    Because the very first implementation of a new system in a beta test is going to be perfect? Pretty much nothing SE have put in the game has stayed the same, and even the stuff they changed from alpha to beta is mostly on the list of "things to fix" before release.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Does that include the leaky vag about HNM's and the "SE defense force" you keep always babbling about? I can't even get through all the butthurt to care about your actual point.

And if you want to say "sometimes things just don't work out like they're supposed to", thanks for blowing my mind with the overwhelming knowledge!

You hide behind your "point" to get to whine and bitch time and time again. Shut the fuck up already.
    Lot of defending going on here. Let the guy vent on the forum about it. There are plenty other folks you could be rippin' into because of their opinions aren't there?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Comparisons are comparisons, and legimate ones at that. The point of the post was three-fold:

A) This system can easily be exploited.
    B) This system severely slows down the game.
    C) This system penalizes those who do not craft by means of hindering their progress and forcing unnecessary "cooperation".

U mad?

Hyan just loves to hate because of my supposed "buzzwords". Apparently mentioning the SE Defense Force maims his sensibilities or something. I dunno. This is a fucking beta thread, lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Man, those donation bans don't last nearly long enough.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Come off it, Sruon.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yo guys drop it before we get in trouble... Last warning.

And on the 7th day God made it rain hammers.

"Your surplus sword skill rank is now 19." - I don't even...