1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 35 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 148 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

FFXIV Random Speculation/Question thread IV: I got beta inv but my 5 year old PC can't run it

Third :

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showt...42#post3869142

Also posts askings for how to download the patch with w/e client will not be tolerated. If your wondering how to do it, read the last 5pages of the 3rd thread

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Btw. If anyone else noticed: level req of armors doesn't matter, you could equip them even at level 1 Didn't check weapons though.
    Yeah, noticed as well and reported. Sup Rank 6 items at Rank 1.

You could also equip abilities of other jobs at any level. I had Chakra (second wind.) on my level 2 Lancer. Equipping abilities lower than your job gimped them a bit, chakra went from 60 second recast, 90-100ish healed to 1:50recast with 60-70 healed. I assume that equipping a Rank 6 item at Rank 1 incurs similar penalties.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Podginator View Post
    You could also equip abilities of other jobs at any level. I had Chakra (second wind.) on my level 2 Lancer. Equipping abilities lower than your job gimped them a bit, chakra went from 60 second recast, 90-100ish healed to 1:50recast with 60-70 healed. I assume that equipping a Rank 6 item at Rank 1 incurs similar penalties.
    Ah yea forgot about abilities too. Didn't really check if there was stat penalty on items. I don't actually want them to implement a system like that though... Level req is a level req and they should leave it at that.

i m bored i have no friends and i m on sephiroth server. anyone wants to party ?

Quote Originally Posted by outzaidur View Post
    Even worse is that the indicator for the enemies seems broken. Usually you can see if there is a red, orange or green dot beside the enemies name. But I see a lot of beta footage where this dot is not present at all. So most people have no idea when they are marching to their death... Tho it is very amusing to watch them do so
    monsters with the same name have the same level so far. its pretty consistent.

Some Weaver recipes.
    a BIG thanks to Hyan for sharing

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

This was talked about a bit in the other thread but has anyone used a gamepad for the beta? In particular the n52te though any works.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Weird, when I had chakra equiped on my lowbie lancer I was getting 70~80 hp healed on 1min35 recast. When I dinged rank 6 it went down to 55hp (and slowly climbed backu p, im getting 65hp at R14 iirc) still on a 1min35 recast.

And yeah level retriction thing is useful because I've been able to use a Lv22 armor since I got it at R11ish (can't get any armor from NPCs atm sucks, hurts soloinga lot because you have crappy DEF ;; )

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    This was talked about a bit in the other thread but has anyone used a gamepad for the beta? In particular the n52te though any works.
    I did (PS2 pad), works great. Targeting is pain though.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bryce View Post
    I found a few Puks with different levels, despite having the same name. They ranged from EM to VT. We died quite a bit thanks to the dot not always being present.

One thing that annoyed me about the game is that it just seems so much easier to find a cave with quick re-spawning enemies and just grind them then to get a party together. Leveling in a group lead to lower exp (unlike the alpha where it didn't change) and very few Skill up points. I like that solo is much more viable, but it shouldn't be as good as a party.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Cair's been using a Logitech Dual Action and it was comfortable and all so I ordered one for 19€. My only grief is that it looks somewhat bad, but I was sold on the grips.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I downloaded the update (3GB) and placed it in the correct file path. However, now I get this ffxivboot.exe black box error that beta testers have been receiving. Noone on beta forums seems to have a workaround (maybe because they all post like they're 12. Has anyone here bypassed this obstacle?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bryce View Post

The moles all the lowbies are grinding on range from Blue (EP) to Red (IT), so this isn't correct. The IT ones didn't seem hard enough to be IT, but they definitely were harder than the EP mobs.

Puks also varied a bit, as someone else already mentioned.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    Weird, when I had chakra equiped on my lowbie lancer I was getting 70~80 hp healed on 1min35 recast. When I dinged rank 6 it went down to 55hp (and slowly climbed backu p, im getting 65hp at R14 iirc) still on a 1min35 recast.

And yeah level retriction thing is useful because I've been able to use a Lv22 armor since I got it at R11ish (can't get any armor from NPCs atm sucks, hurts soloinga lot because you have crappy DEF ;; )
    I think maybe they broke gear on purpose bcause of the lack of crafting leves,could easily be wrong though. As of right now most peoples gear comes from leve rewards.
    this game is really craft driven, and i do think you can just be a crafter, you do the same things, crafting leves, out to teh field to gather, then synth it up. Its prolly as entertaining as battle for some people. However the whole that lack of crafters makes right now is huge. And the leves which are basically the place to get recipes

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Repost of the Players site image.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That looks pretty nice

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zhane View Post
    I downloaded the update (3GB) and placed it in the correct file path. However, now I get this ffxivboot.exe black box error that beta testers have been receiving. Noone on beta forums seems to have a workaround (maybe because they all post like they're 12. Has anyone here bypassed this obstacle?

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    A lot of people seem to be having this issue (I had it too), so I'm going to make a post about this for convenience. If your install, not download, install is giving you an error, there is an 80% chance that it is the "ffxivgame.exe" file on your Final Fantasy XIV Beta folder. (You will generally receive an error code on during the install process, then when you click "Ok" it will close out.) If this is your problem, what you need to do to fix it is remove ffxivgame.exe from the folder, finish the install, and then replace it with the latest version. I'm hosting that particular file here for those who need it.

Since it's on page one, hope no one will ask for this again

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    I used the PS3 bad, works perfectly.

Getting on friend's server
    (Taken from beta forums)

A faster way would just be using the Player's Site, just make your character and when the initial cutscene starts you can force close the game by tabbing out. Then sign in to the Player's site and your character will be listed there with server. You can then either delete and try again or proceed to play with your friends
    Or

1. Have friend make 3 characters and record all of their name and surname.
    2. Make character on your account. At name creation, try to select all of your friends' names.
    3. If you get a name conflict, put in your own name and tell your friends that you got on the same server. If you don't get a name conflict, redo character creation.
    Or

Use artmoney

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Since it's on page one, hope no one will ask for this again
    Yeah, even on beta forums they mentioned this but the only .exe files (in my folder) are ffxivboot, ffxivupdater, and ffxivconfig. Even a full search of my system couldn't find ffxivgame. I think bc I get this error before the install even begins (creating ffxivgame)?

BG Level

If the install finished OK download the .exe from the link in cair post and paste it there and try

But since servers a down you won<t be able to make sure it works till next phase

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 148 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast