1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe List     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    I don't think thats how it works, I've gotten tons of success without any SUs.

A fail is a fail, durability loss as you said

No extra message is an NQ hit. usually you get what you were going for, nothing extra really

But "Success" results in an HQ hit. You lose less durability and get a bonus to what you were going for, be it quality or completion %.

Also, Bold caps out at 10% completion per hit, the standard hit at 20% completion per hit, and the quick hit (forgot what it was called) at 30% completion per hit.

Bold is really random, I got +150 quality from a single hit once.
    As I said, it was just my observations from crafting last night. My theory held true after I came up with it, but I only crafted for about 30mins before heading to bed after I thought of it.

Possibly its just a case of "Success" has a higher chance of proccing a skillup.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

my guess is every craft is lu=ike a battle, except even if you dont kill the mob they sometimes award you exp, skill ups is prolly a random chance, i got some skill ups by using only rapid though

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's what I was thinking too. I'm also crafted using nothing but Rapids and Waits, and I've also have gotten skill ups.

Though I haven't paid attention to the "Success" bit. I've seen it, but I've never attached it to skill ups.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

Here are the few trends I've noticed with skillups and having "Success" flash during your synth isn't one of them.

I am only 8 Leather, 8 Cloth, 11 Woodwork but I've noticed that there is a sweet spot where you want to craft. For Sheep Leather, sweet spot was 4-6. This is kinda like XI iirc.

If you brick a synth and get EXP, you know that you should be about the same amount in skill as well when you do gain skill. This was helpful when figuring out if you have outleveled a synth. (Like Oak Chips at 10 Carp)

Using your level 10 ability does not help skill gain, it IS very helpful however. (At least Tender Touch* is)

Sticking with one synth over and over again nets more skill than changing synths and crafting randomly. This might just be personal experience and not a trend, per se. I have gained a lot more skill just spamming Willow Lumber, than say making Maple Lumber and immediately turning it into Bows/Grips/etc.

I like the system so far, I just kinda wish Hasty Hand would return.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Anyone know what level you need to make Buffalo leather?

I'm enjoying leathercrafting immensely but I just lack the ice shards to consistently craft sheep leather. Is there anything that uses wind shards that I could level off of instead (besides making stuff with sheep leather since I still need the ice shards to make the leather)?

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

So, trying to skillup blacksmithing. What I'm doing currently is using bronze square as only mat, and using rapid synth to get it into the 70% range, then bold synth until it breaks, unless it looks like i'm going to actually complete the synth, then I use wait until it breaks.
    am I doing it wrong?

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Make Bronze Nuggets if you have the gil, then turn the bronze nuggets into Bronze Arrowheads.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai View Post
    Make Bronze Nuggets if you have the gil, then turn the bronze nuggets into Bronze Arrowheads.
    thanks, my skillup system quit working after 8 synths lol. I thought I had completely wasted a bunch of gil til I got some skillups after finishing an item. Arrowheads probably more useful than whatever the fuck it is I'm making currently.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

smithing rank 15 and got "Hasty Hands" skill, let's you 100% a synth in 1 button, but if it fails it's 50ish durability loss

also, while skilling up further today i got this message saying "Your surplus smithing skill is now rank 15". any idea what this means? :X

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Oh god. It means exp bug isnt just for grinding mobs. -_-;

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    Someone may want to test this for themselves to confirm this, but here are my observations from last night.

3. You don't fail, but your log shows "Success". This is exactly the same as option 2, except that if you got this message, it means you also gained a skillup.

If you don't get a "success" message during the craft at all, you don't get class skill.

EDIT: In line with the above, while its possible to craft an item by hitting "Rapid Synthesis" over and over again and pray you dont lose too much durability during a fail, you wont get skillups this way.
    It's completely random whether you'll get a skillup or not. You can rapid success 4 times in a row and get skill exp or get nada. You can bold and standard success up the butt on a hard synth and get nada. Chance at a skillup is a little greater than 50%. Say like 60-65%. Nobody has figured out the interaction between the actual # of skillpoints you get when the random number generator calls on you to receive them. Higher quality is loosely associated with higher skillpoints received but not to the point where it's not worth it to just rapid rapid rapid rapid rapid rapid (when not attempting HQs)

Physical exp is directly determined by final synth quality number.

Buffalo Leather is made the same way as Sheep Leather (w/Oak Chips.) Maybe we'll see some low level buffaloes in one of the other starting zones.

Fuck yeah Hasty Hand!! I want it so bad. Is it still possible to get skill exp using it like it was before??

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post
    Fuck yeah Hasty Hand!! I want it so bad. Is it still possible to get skill exp using it like it was before??

it gave me only about 150 smithing exp twice, i'd rather get the 400-500 i'm getting by doing it normally and saving money in the process =/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If there are any Weavers out there, can you tell a little about weaver combat skills? I am not in beta so I may have no idea what I am asking. Are there combat benefits for your crafting classes?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Cheticus View Post
    If there are any Weavers out there, can you tell a little about weaver combat skills? I am not in beta so I may have no idea what I am asking. Are there combat benefits for your crafting classes?
    No. I'm only Rank 8, its true, but my 12 Botanist and 8 Weaver's only combat skill is "Throw Stone" which does ~1 dmg. Also you can't equip a War/Magic skills on a Land/Hand class.

Quote Originally Posted by AshTS View Post
    Most grips is Maple Lumber + Wind Crystal
    that makes sledgehammer grip, need regular hammer grip

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    No. I'm only Rank 8, its true, but my 12 Botanist and 8 Weaver's only combat skill is "Throw Stone" which does ~1 dmg. Also you can't equip a War/Magic skills on a Land/Hand class.
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply Rocl.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

rank 16 smithing, still won't let me craft bronze spatha blade!

i was even able to repair someone else's brass dagger, gotta be a wrong requirement on that silly sword =/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

my geuss is rank 20 or the req is busted... any chance you've tried to make the gladius blade? Maybe the spatha is actually good

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Any tanner has able to make the soot black buffalo leather ?
    I'm 7 and they wont let me do it

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by euph View Post
    my geuss is rank 20 or the req is busted... any chance you've tried to make the gladius blade? Maybe the spatha is actually good
    i made the bronze gladius at like rank 9 smithing, it's a rank 1 weapon with the same stats as weathered gladius

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast