+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

the way theyve worded it, it doesnt imply a HD remaster at all >_<;
    like even the title on the book spine for XII doesn't have HD REMASTER.

the box set comes out on Nov 3.. so if the XII guide were made with XII HD in mind, it'd only make sense that the XII HD is at least announced before then, if not released.. and thats an extremely tight if not totally impossible window to make.

the "HD screenshots" is probably them just using better screen capturing technology than before and saving the files at better resolutions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It just seems really freakin random to have a XII hardcover guide release right now. At least X and X-2 are topical from the PS4 release. I know it's a "set", but as a company why would you have a nearly $200 "set" with a guide thats nearly as relevant age wise as FFXIV's original announcement?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    It just seems really freakin random to have a XII hardcover guide release right now. At least X and X-2 are topical from the PS4 release. I know it's a "set", but as a company why would you have a nearly $200 "set" with a guide thats nearly as relevant age wise as FFXIV's original announcement?
    Yeah. This is weird. Not like they announced the game will be available on PSN in the old version at least.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They did the same thing earlier this year with VII-IX; it's just a hardcover reprint of the old guides with some errors fixed and news ones added in(except they did redo the IX guide without all the "Want actual answers? Go to PlayOnline.com!" bullshit.

I think it's more strange that Square Enix has a new Fran Play Arts figure coming out next year. Seems a bit random.

The guide doesn't mean anything. They just rereleased 7-9 guides a few months ago, which were god awful. There's still an error where Vincent and Reds information are mixed up. All they did was put it in a fancy box.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Finally went through the effort of (legally, for all you know) obtaining an emulator and a copy of this game...

...wow, I wish I had done this earlier. After all the hell I spent trying to correctly emulate Xenoblade I was wary of trying to emulate a PS2 game, but it plays crisply and cleanly. 6x native resolution is a godsend with assets that were surprisingly well-done considering the PS2's shamefully limited ability to display them correctly. TLDR: FFXII upscales like a motherfucker, holy shit.

Only problem so far is massive lens flare everywhere in the Giza Plains, to the point that (with my settings) it looks like random rainbows are popping up everywhere for no reason. I might try and figure that out or I might just leave it be for the moment; it's nothing too game-breaking.

Not sure which jobs I want to use... which is stonewalling my progress because you have to pick one before you can use the License Board lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

sorry wrong thread

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hate you for bumping :<

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-you-shoul...on-pc-not-ps4/

this article has some links on how to adjust the emulator using SweetFX to greatly increase the graphics quality, since rata made us all sad, Ill try to make us happy again

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Hate you for bumping :<
    sorry, are people waiting for a remake or something? I know the hate... like when someone bumps the suikoden thread ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/why-you-shoul...on-pc-not-ps4/

this article has some links on how to adjust the emulator using SweetFX to greatly increase the graphics quality, since rata made us all sad, Ill try to make us happy again
    awesome, thanks! I'm gonna have so much fun with this tonight.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    sorry, are people waiting for a remake or something? I know the hate... like when someone bumps the suikoden thread ; ;
    HD remaster like FFX, yes :<

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

IDK, just emulate it

I kid, I kid. but seriously, I've never seen a game look so good when upscaled. I'm quite impressed with the level of detail in the textures and character models that the PS2 didn't even show. I don't know why they put so much work into the resources when the PS2 couldn't properly display them but I'm certainly not complaining! I have to imagine a HD remaster of this game, given the assets they already have, should be (relatively) easy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't think emulation can fix the terrible audio quality for the voices. This game really needs an HD remaster for more than just graphics, it was clearly limited by the hardware it was released on. Being on the less popular FF games list doesn't really help with that though

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I don't think emulation can fix the terrible audio quality for the voices. This game really needs an HD remaster for more than just graphics, it was clearly limited by the hardware it was released on. Being on the less popular FF games list doesn't really help with that though
    Yeah, and that sucks because it's easily one of the better FF games (as in, I play this shit) out there.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Pretty sure it'd come more down to the fact it was a fairly large game (much larger than X/X-2) and the current team who does the HD Remasters that SE outsourced to is likely busy with the (supposed) PC port of X/X-2 HD or even FFVII remake. Since popularity really doesn't mean squat to SE since they're remaking and continuing Romancing SaGa, "Final Fantasy Adventure/Legends" and even gave FFV some love which is probably far less popular than XII. I think XII has that love/hate relationship that even FFIX got since story wise it really was hard to get into, but gameplay wise considering they said they wanted to see what else they could do with the XI battle system (like the original plan of monsters fighting each other we seen in demo videos) it was pretty interesting because it had a slight MMO feel but with offline balance. (Though gambits broke the hell out of that game.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

XII's biggest problem was the combination of the story taking too long to ramp up and make players feel invested/interested and the battle system losing its novelty too quickly. It made this horrifying midgame slog after about 6-10 hours in where neither part of the game is appealing to players.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    XII's biggest problem was the combination of the story taking too long to ramp up and make me feel invested/interested and the battle system losing its novelty too quickly. It made this horrifying midgame slog after about 6-10 hours in where neither part of the game is appealing to me.
    ftfy.
    Loved it and I hope to see a remaster but even if not, emulating it is fantastic. Especially with IZJS, only thing I wish for in IZJS is that weak mode was available from the start.
    The combat system is pretty good but hampered by the simple fact that leveling up makes the game too easy. 122333 in FFXII is one of my favorite things to do and weak mode just makes that so easy. Fireflies are also nice but you lose an accessory slot for em. An EXP0 command like in the KH games would have gone a long way to making the game better too that way you could actually level up 'some' and stop where you want to.

That or they could have made the enemies more challenging to begin with... or something.

I'm the same way, and while I didn't really fuck around with IZJS for long (been a while now, so I'll probably do that soon) I didn't really feel like the story had a low/weak mid point and just took the time to set some shit up rather than throw it in your face and expect you to go with it. The story itself picks up around the time Cid is introduced and just gets better from there (tower and beyond are great, too). Actually the story did have some weak midpoints, but I totally missed it due to the gameplay. You could really pick apart all FF stories around the mid-point for not being interesting and the main difference I noticed is that there wasn't a big set piece to get you into mid-game.

The gameplay especially was consistent and just got more interesting as it went with new gambits, spells, abilities and licenses along with hunts, semi open world and lovely environments. While the story may have been lacking at points while shit gets going I feel like the gameplay really did not let up. Provided you weren't already angry at it for some reason.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    ftfy.
    Loved it and I hope to see a remaster but even if not, emulating it is fantastic. Especially with IZJS, only thing I wish for in IZJS is that weak mode was available from the start.
    The combat system is pretty good but hampered by the simple fact that leveling up makes the game too easy. 122333 in FFXII is one of my favorite things to do and weak mode just makes that so easy. Fireflies are also nice but you lose an accessory slot for em. An EXP0 command like in the KH games would have gone a long way to making the game better too that way you could actually level up 'some' and stop where you want to.

That or they could have made the enemies more challenging to begin with... or something.
    I think after FFX-2 (not that hard but some later stuff got rough depending on how much dress up you played) they probably wanted to be really careful. I did like the Judges fight though since aside reminding me of Divine Might it was a nice challenge that checked if you knew what you were doing with that game's progression. Since you went in and got stomped in seconds or it was a decent little fight.

What do you mean? There are no difficult/hard fights in FF games, just ones that are more unfair than others but that just means you have to be equally unfair (and that only ever applies to extra/optional bosses). Not a lot of FF games get it right to the point where your ability to play overwrites stats/equipment, like one every generation maybe.