Thread: Sorcerer's Apprentice     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Sorcerer's Apprentice

This was the best magic-based action movie I have ever seen. There are a large number of spells utilized, they happen fast, it's not shounon in that every spell has an incantation and name, just spells being blasted at each other in quick succession, EXACTLY what you'd want from a battle of sorcerer's. Movie isn't completely cliche and is pretty strong in that regard, decent comedy, really loved the magic aspect to it though.

Anyone else check it out or plan to?

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I made my boyfriend go see it. I enjoyed it. He said it was ass. I bet deep down he liked it.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

movie was bad.

The Apprentice overdid the whole geek thing for me to find it enjoyable

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I DON'T CARE HOW BAD IT WAS

JAY BARUCHEL <3

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

he was bad

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

that sucks cuz i really like him. he should prob just stick to his #3 and 4 supporting character rolls probably

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    movie was bad.

The Apprentice overdid the whole geek thing for me to find it enjoyable
    I can agree he overdid the whole geek thing, but I was able to still enjoy it. The battles with Balthazar and other sorcerer's completely made it for me, they used a wide variety of spells, slow was a win spell.

I also liked some of the little things like instead of fire vs water, you trap fire in a vacuum to cancel it.

Much better than certain other stories that give your characters one or two moves and they just get stronger over time (Potter, Bleach, etc.) Though I'll grant most of the multi-move badassery is from an older character and that also happens a bit in other stories. But since Balthazar was such a big part of the story it's not quite the same.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I just can't believe they made a movie remake of a mickey cartoon. I will probably netflix it later on though.