+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Delayed until 2011

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/04/dc...l-spring-2011/

Sony Online Entertainment Announces DC Universe Online Delay Until Early 2011

"SOE is dedicated to delivering the highest quality game experiences possible," says John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment. "DC Universe Online is the first game of its kind, and a truly massive undertaking -- the first action MMO set in the DC Universe, the first MMO on the PlayStation®3, and the first time the entire DC Universe will be accessible to the millions of fans who are eagerly anticipating its release. As the game heads into external beta testing, this extra time will allow us to address community feedback in a meaningful way. When we get deeper into external beta, we'll be able to share more information regarding the new launch date."

SOE has also revealed new details regarding the beta program. Players with VIP key cards and those having registered at the DCUO website will receive access on a priority basis starting as early as next week. As an added thank you, everyone that has already pre-ordered the game, and those who do so by November 15, 2010, are assured access to beta by November 30 (North America only).

Anyone pre-ordering the game after November 15 will gain beta access one week prior to the launch date and will be able to participate in the special beta ending event entitled Battle of the Legends with the rest of the beta participants. As an additional bonus, all beta participants will be recognized post release with a special emblem for their character when the game goes live. Beginning October 7, 2010, instructions on how to qualify and receive your pre-order beta key, visit: www.dcuniverseonline.com/betakey.

Those wishing to register for beta without pre-ordering have until 11:59pm PST tonight. This is a general queue and does not assure access.

Lastly, due to overwhelming demand from the community, SOE is pleased to announce that a Collector's Edition for the PlayStation 3 will also be released (North America only), which includes the same items contained in the PC version announced earlier this year - the DCUO Batman statue, the limited edition Art of DC Universe Online art book, the DCUO Legends Issue #0 comic book with a Jim Lee variant cover, the DCUO Prestige comic presentation of the DCUO back-story and the limited edition Jim Lee-drawn poster Version of the Issue #0 comic book variant cover.

For more information, please visit the website at www.dcuniverseonline.com.
    Best move out of SOE since when?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Nice to see more and more companies delaying games for quality purposes. Fuck the share-holders: they'll make their money soon enough, when the game is finished.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So I preordered this a bit ago. How will I be able to enter the beta?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You should get a beta key by the end of November.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

If I got my preorder online via Gamestop how will they know? lol, sorry for the idiotic question just didn't know if there was a code I should receive after I preorder or something.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not sure so you'll have to wait and see.

New combat trailer today of beta

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Looks good to me ! City in the background looked like Metropolis as well, hmm...

Seems like the superpower combinations are still retarded, but at least they make sense now

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

for those wondering about how to get into the beta that pre-ordered at gamestop or w/e. You go to http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/betakey/ and you upload a CLEAR picture of your beta pre-order confirmation receipt with your name and whether its PS3 or PC before November 15th. They claim all that have pre-ordered that upload said picture before November 15th will get into the beta by November 30th

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just got an invite to the beta on PC. Is anyone else in the beta or has gotten one too today?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

First hour in the game and I'm enjoying this way more than I did coh and champions online. SOE did something good for once and didn't fuck up. Can't wait for it next year!

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I have been playing since Oct. 26 on closed beta for PC. I gotta say, I have enjoyed it a lot. Name is Guyver on PvE server

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

so it's good so far? Been sorta following the game, but i just figured it would be shit

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Got an invite to their beta as well, going to try it out asap.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Insanecyclone on PVE server. Hero side.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hyde on PVE server, Villian. Heroes is fer negroids.

Also, two words; hoooollleeeeee shiiiiiiiit. This game is so much fun. I love the combat system, it's just like Vindictus except non-instanced based on everything and prettier looking. Hnnnnnng, this game is so good.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Actually I made a Villain yesterday afternoon, name is Mezraq. Yeah I'm really enjoying it more than I thought I would. Because of NDA we can't say much here but I may sub it next year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

oh lame, i pre-ordered the game like a month ago, but didn't know you were supposed to submit the receipt online. oops, and it ended yesterday