+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Shu'halo

I'm a newb when it comes to hardware so..

DCUO's minimum requirement for processor is 3.0ghz however my processor is 2.0ghz and the game seems to run fine on low settings. Do I risk doing internal damage to my computer if I keep playing?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Halion View Post
    When you hit 30 you can keep farming skill points and end up with as much as 80 or so, I gather. I've seen Legendary members talking about it in shout and saying pretty much all power sets and roles use abilities from both specs.
    Didn't know you could farm more skill points, unless you mean the ones from farming feats.

As far as my earlier question I figured it out... the ? is literally right on top of the terminal, but at the time I asked I also thought everyone could pick those up and now I know it's only 1 use each, then they move, so that particular one is still there since no one can get it, just a glitch.
    I find the ? can be weird. One time in Gotham I found a ? on a building, and it was just floating in thin-air out of reach. Another time in Metropolis I found two within sight distance of each other. I picked up the one, and the other ? went white as well in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchoir View Post
    I'm a newb when it comes to hardware so..

DCUO's minimum requirement for processor is 3.0ghz however my processor is 2.0ghz and the game seems to run fine on low settings. Do I risk doing internal damage to my computer if I keep playing?
    No, unless you're running on a laptop where a maxed out CPU can generate a fair amount of heat.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

This thing run okay on the PS3? Keep seeing people on it as of late, and I can't say I'm not the slightest bit curious.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As in performance? Game tends to maintain a consistent 30fps, although pop-in is to be expected if you're flying/super-speed travellin' since the hard drive (and server) can't keep up since you really can move at ridiculous speeds in this.

Only niggle is no anti-aliasing, but the game looks fine in motion overall. It's built off the unreal engine so texture pop-in is to be expected also.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

DC Universe Offline, PS3 servers just went down because they were overloaded.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Has the sound been cutting out, or just been choppy, for anyone? Played for about 6 hours last night after the servers came back up & after about 3hrs all sound, except in instances, was completely gone. Could be just the state of the servers. I've been reading the official forums about how they didn't anticipate how popular the PS3 version would be, not in those exact words, and how they've been unable to keep them stable during NA prime time. I guess they're going to try to implement an express log-in for Legendary & Premium members to skip the queue, but even that is a ways off.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I had my sound cut out once a few days ago after grinding some quests on PS3. It was also after a healthy play session though so I decided to just log off after that point.

At any rate, there's a PS3 patch underway Sony's Q&A process to help with character creation queue not showing, and also hopefully fixing that infinite loop on connecting to the server.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Has the sound been cutting out, or just been choppy, for anyone? Played for about 6 hours last night after the servers came back up & after about 3hrs all sound, except in instances, was completely gone. Could be just the state of the servers. I've been reading the official forums about how they didn't anticipate how popular the PS3 version would be, not in those exact words, and how they've been unable to keep them stable during NA prime time. I guess they're going to try to implement an express log-in for Legendary & Premium members to skip the queue, but even that is a ways off.
    The sound problem has been around since launch. It always happened to me on PC after a few hours of constant playing. I read in the forums that the cause is a memory leak.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

For fucks sake, anyone on USPVP PS3 want to help me take out Harley? She's being a cunt.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd be happy to, but USPVE here.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dear update,

Why u so Broken?

I swear, this update we recently got is so annoying. Did the Poison Ivy quest line last night & spent half my battles trapped inside of the NPC's which in turn made me an easy target for the mobs. Also, what ever body armor I wear shows up invisible for the lower half. Not a big issue, but it gets annoying after staring for awhile.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The auction sales going straight into your cash is smart but underhanded as hell. I didnt notice any bugs last night myself, it's nice to have an exp bar I guess.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Dear update,

Why u so Broken?

I swear, this update we recently got is so annoying. Did the Poison Ivy quest line last night & spent half my battles trapped inside of the NPC's which in turn made me an easy target for the mobs. Also, what ever body armor I wear shows up invisible for the lower half. Not a big issue, but it gets annoying after staring for awhile.
    Did it last night as well, but didn't have any trouble like that myself. I beat it quite easily actually. Funny that Harley is harder then Ivy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Apparently server maintenance reset the vault timers. I got a Joker Jetpack :3

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/11...ack-announced/

DC Universe Online's Lightning Strikes DLC pack announced
    DC Universe Online has had a lot to say about its recent free-to-play transition, with the game boasting a one million player increase since the change took place. But that's in the past already; what's en route in the near future? Well, today Sony Online Entertainment is announcing the latest round of DLC for the freshly F2P superhero game.

The new DLC is entitled Lightning Strikes, and it focuses on everyone's favorite speedster, Flash. The update will bring a variety of new content for veteran and fledgling players alike. So what can players look forward to when Lightning Strikes? We sat down with some of the game's developers to find out, so follow on past the cut and have a gander.

One of the key features being introduced with the new DLC is the new Electricity power set. Electricity-focused heroes will fill a hybrid role as they rain deadily lightning attacks upon their enemies and rejuvenate their allies with refreshing electric shocks. The healing mechanic available to characters who choose the power set is being termed Rescue Healing. Players can place an electrical charge on an ally, and when the target drops below a certain health threshold, the heal will kick in and shock the player back to good health. This fire-and-forget style of healing strikes a balance between the current healing power sets, allowing Electricity-powered players to fill a whole new niche. It's important to note that due to the number of issues that took place during the introduction of the Hard Light power set during the last DLC release, players will not be receiving a respec token with which to switch to the new power set. If you want to try Electricity out, you'll have to roll a new character from the ground up.

The Electricity power set will be split into two separate progression trees: Voltage and Amperage. Both trees will feature the power set's hybrid DPS-plus-healing, but one will be focused more on burst-type abilities while the other plays host to more preventative healing powers.

The new power set isn't all that's coming, however. After all, what would a Flash-themed DLC update be without a nice vacation to Central City? It would be unreasonable to expect the devs to build a new city from scratch with every content update, so the team is introducing a new type of instanced map using technology similar to that used by the game's megaservers. Each instance of Central City is an 8x4 block area of the city that can hold up to 50 players. Each time an instance reaches the 50-player cap, a new one will be opened, so players can come and go as they please.

Central City will feature new solo and group content as well as bounties and storylines, all of which take place outside of and around Central City's Flash museum. The main storyline players will be faced with is a Duo mission that focuses on Flash and his origin story. See, some idiots (namely, the Pied Piper and Abra Kadabra) have used Flash's Cosmic Treadmill to go back in time to the fateful night that Barry Allen received his powers in hopes of preventing the event from ever taking place. The heroes of DCUO can't let this happen because, duh, it's the freaking Flash, so it's up to them to go back in time (Flash can't do it himself because it would cause some kind of paradox) and ensure that Allen receives the his freak-accident powers as usual.

But what about the villains? Why should they care if the Flash gets his powers or not? That's just one fewer member of the Justice League to worry about, right? Wrong! If Barry Allen never becomes Flash, then Eobard Thawne -- better known as Flash's super-speedy counterpart Professor Zoom -- never gets his superpowers either, and that just doesn't sit right with him for some reason. In light of that, he tasks the villains with going back in time and making sure that Pied Piper and Abra Kadabra fail in their mission, thus ensuring that Professor Zoom's powers remain intact.

And of course, the New 52 is on every DC Comics fan's mind right now. Will DCUO be incorporating any aspects of the New 52 into the game? Chances are slim to none, at this point. While the devs are at liberty to explore the New 52, they also have their own stories that they want to tell, and of course it's a risky move to reboot an entire game universe from the ground up. As such, players probably shouldn't expect much relating to the New 52 anytime soon.

The Lightning Strikes DLC pack will be available for purchase sometime this year, and there's not a whole lot of year left, so players shouldn't have to wait long to get their Flash fix. Lightning Strikes will run players a cool $10, though Legendary-status subscribers will, of course, receive the new content free-of-charge. Stay tuned to Massively for more information on the update and its release date!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    Did it last night as well, but didn't have any trouble like that myself. I beat it quite easily actually. Funny that Harley is harder then Ivy.
    Yeah, I trio-ed the instance with a ice tank & a bio melee. My cs took longer to get through, so i was locked out of the final battle, but they destroyed Ivy in under 2min. I think i just have a corrupted file. Tried to do the Green Lantern line of quests last night, had so much lag that it took 2-3 min for the mobs to load at each area and by the time they did, I was already dead.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was wondering where this thread went. ;/

I'm just trying to understand the general flow of the game here. Are you expected to just solo all of the content that isn't an alert or something? Cause some of this shit can be a little rough solo (particularly the instanced quests), but it's a pain to find people since there's no lfg/search options, or in the case of my being on the PS3, hardly anyone communicates, which doesn't help given how often the voice chat also breaks down.

I'm a lvl19 Ice atm, been wanting to rush it to 30 and get to work on my Light Corps guy, I've been liking the feel of that class. That new DLC lookin' hot from the description also so I'll probably end up grabbing that.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Anyone still playing this? Been playing casually since it went F2P, enjoyed the leveling experience, even if it was a bit short. In full tier 1 now through Duos and T1 Alerts. Tried queuing a few times for a T2, but hour+ queue times. I'm guessing not many people pugging T2 Alerts.