1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 19 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 14 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say that official game forums are never going to be of the caliber that you're used to from fan forums, since the owners can be as strict as they care to be about the type of posting being done. Most game companies want to appease their player base, no matter their intelligence level, so I think it would be pretty rare to find an official game forum that actually has the mods telling people to stop being stupid or preventing them from posting shitty topics.

Didn't FFXI have an official forum at the very beginning of its release? Maybe SE saw shit like this and went "Oh god no thank you"

New Odin
    BG Level

Didn't FFXI have an official forum at the very beginning of its release? Maybe SE saw shit like this and went "Oh god no thank you"
    All I remember is that they posted in alla few times years ago when bst was nerfed iirc. They even made a thread for "discussion" about it I think.

They only posted maybe twice before giving up altogether. I bet their reaction was pretty much the same though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

lolcats

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

This thread obviously proves the superiority of the BG forums! We never post stupid shit. Let alone create useless topics.

No, sir.

The tank was funny though.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

more posts needed in thread.

http://i30.tinypic.com/sxdaag.png

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh holy cringe, I can see why people who didn't get a beta invite (who know what they are doing) over people like this are raging. Luckily i'm sharing a beta account with a friend otherwise i'd join the rage clan!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It really is for the better im not in it anyways, id be just as little of help as them(tho without the pointless crap they say) work falls 90% of the time when the alpha tests happened.

I like this thread, its sorta like our old alla thread ~_~ makes me smile every time I click on it.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

This game needs to have a features that builds me an island then it sends a Black Chocobo to my doorstep to fly me there.

Also, Lalafells should be able to breath fire on mobs for damage equal to half their HP.

lulz

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Metafox View Post
    Has anyone asked SE if they are willing to outsource their beta forum to bluegartr? I'm sure the touchy moderators here would do a good job of thinning out the more useless testers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    I'd say that official game forums are never going to be of the caliber that you're used to from fan forums, since the owners can be as strict as they care to be about the type of posting being done. Most game companies want to appease their player base, no matter their intelligence level, so I think it would be pretty rare to find an official game forum that actually has the mods telling people to stop being stupid or preventing them from posting shitty topics.

Plus, it's a case of too good to be true.
    "So, let me get this straight. You want me to smack retards around with a ban-hammer, and I have to justify my actions by putting said idiot's statements on display for the public to mock.

And you're gonna PAY me for it?

pull the other one, it has bells on"

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    FFXI never had an official forum. The closest thing they have is when they put up the linkshell community beta.
    I don't think there was even a forum for the NA PC/PS2 beta, least I don't remember one, but it was over six years ago. Think it was just a hideously complicated bug submission form.
    I miss Cactuar. It's the reason I'm so miffed about PS3 getting the delay, I've actually been in a fresh start FF server before.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Nathrezim

Title: Prayer request for my oldest brother...
    By: Drakan @ beta forums
    My brother is in the hospital, he's been diagnosed with Septic Shock, which is a serious condition that occurs when an overwhelming infection leads to life-threatening low blood pressure. It seems to have a 40 to 50 percent mortality rate.

Not only for my oldest brother, but for my family as a whole. Any and all prayer we're thankful of.

To edit in an update:

Bad news: apparently it's up to his eyes and ears now. My mom told me that the nurse or he said his eyes are discoloring to red like how his skin is all burnt-red now.

Good news: they got him hooked on a shit-load of morphine. My dad (though he isn't my brother's biological father) and his congregation's minister are going to visit him today to commune with him. My 2nd oldest brother may very well go up to visit him too. (All three of us have the same biological mother, but not the same biological father for anyone wondering.)
    I was... just... like wow.. really?

New Odin
    BG Level

I think there is a proper picture for situations like this..

http://phocks.org/stumble/images/prayer-purpose.png

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    FFXI never had an official forum. The closest thing they have is when they put up the linkshell community beta.
    I don't think there was even a forum for the NA PC/PS2 beta, least I don't remember one, but it was over six years ago. Think it was just a hideously complicated bug submission form.
    I miss Cactuar. It's the reason I'm so miffed about PS3 getting the delay, I've actually been in a fresh start FF server before.
    XI had official forums for a VERY short period during one of the beta periods much in the style of XIV's and they closed that shit fast. Also - There's no central economy nor PvP in XIV so a fresh start is pointless.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Emirii View Post
    I don't even post on the beta forums... at all.... My IQ drops every time I look at the general forum.
    I get that this is in the midst of disappointment, but lol.

That's not to say that the JP boards don't have complainers, but at least it's very systematic. ONE thread gets made; it'll be called "The complaining thread", and people will take it up from there.

There are a lot of "The ____ thread" titles actually. The Language-by-Server discussion thread, the Battle BGM discussion thread, the Ask-a-question-about-in-game-stuff thread, the Auto-translate function discussion thread, FAQs, etc.

What probably saves the JP boards from being like the NA boards (that photo was from the NA boards, right?) is that there is a generic all-encompassing thread called "the live Beta test thread", where people's spur of the moment and event specific comments all get posted. The little things like "trying to log in for the 4th time" or "I just got home to find the beta closed again, qq" type posts all fall into this generic themed thread, so the main board is fairly clean.

Not that anyone asked. I've been curious about how the NA boards were like, and I figured someone in NA might have the same curiosity for other regions.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Also - There's no central economy nor PvP in XIV so a fresh start is pointless.
    Well, there's no PvP in FFXI (unless you happen to have a ballista or brenner league on your server).
    And if by central economy, you mean auction houses, much of the gear FFXI cares about isn't even on the AH. It has to be gotten from a bazaar/rolanberry(or w/e your server is) mall, or you need to get people together to do a run on something.

So, no central economy or PvP in either FFXI or FFXIV, so you can compare the two
    I experienced a fresh start for ffxi beta, and then came onto the servers with NA release, and they were very different experiences.

try again

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift View Post
    Although I can understand not wanting to post there, I hope you are still submitting feedback via how? the website creating threads?
    There's threads for beta feedback and player's site feedback.

Most of the feedback goes to the player's site threads though, because people are too retarded. The User Interface thread especially is comedy gold. Many people seem to want hardware mouse cursor to the player's site, which I guess is reasonable.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The bug form is totally separated from the forums. It's another system on its own.

Feedback part however, is done on different forums from the general discussion.

Old Merits
    BG Level

If it makes you guys feel any better, it took me a week to download the beta client, missing a number of testing sessions, then the final test session finished early before I got home from work. So even though I've had "access" for almost 2 weeks, I haven't played yet

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

I've been unable to actually get in any game time as well. Mostly because of crashes and login issues though.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Altar of Storms

The post that made me /facepalm the most is in the official Combat feedback thread. I can't find it right now. It went something like: "When I was fighting a mob, somebody knocked at my door. I should have some way to let my character continue fighting on its own and kill the mob while I go answer the door, because right now I die if I get up to go answer the door".

Square-Enix forgot to put in its disclaimer: "It is impossible to pause the game in FFXIV. Also, bots do not come pre-packaged with it, and you have to be in front of your computer to play the game".

(Note: I know the guy was kinda refering to the absence of auto-attack... but this game is designed around it, which for once means it feels different from the countless other generic games out there).

As for the general, non-feedback threads.... I feel getting zombifyed the moment I try to go in there.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift View Post
    Although I can understand not wanting to post there, I hope you are still submitting feedback via how? the website creating threads?

Help me beta testers your my only hope!
    That's where all my feedback goes. I don't traffic the general forums. The only time I did was for information on where certain NPCs and areas were located, which was very informative.

The forums are no different than Gamefaqs and many others: full of tripe, but also stocked with hidden gems if you know where to look. I've never said that BG's elitest streak was a bad thing: on the contrary, its refreshing at times, just like its annoying at times (especially when the SE Defense Force swoops in).

SE isn't the only company that has trouble with their forums. I remember trafficking the Command and Conquer 3 forums when that game first came out. Jesus Christ..