+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Children's Hopsital     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Children's Hopsital

Did a search and saw no threads about this show yet~

New live-action show on [Adult Swim] premiered about two weeks ago and after only two episodes I have to say it's going to be the best live-action show to come out of [as]. Tim & Eric:Awesome Show was pretty hit or miss for a lot of people but this show is downright hilarious 100% of the time so far. House is one of my favorite series to ever hit television, but this series 'tongue in cheek' aspect on hospital life and just pure bizarre antics make it an instant favorite.

Rob Corddry is a laugh-riot in this, as are a lot of the other actors and even cameo appearances of famous actors (including Henry Winkler). Networks like Comedy Central and FX have even had no problem broadcasting commercials for this show in their primetimes, much kudos to them for it also.

http://www.adultswim.com/presents/childrenshospital/

"Childrens Hospital, a new comedy series created by Rob Corddry (Hot Tub Time Machine, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) and featuring an all-star cast, will premiere on Adult Swim on Sunday, July 11 at 10:30pm. Childrens Hospital is based on the Webby Award–winning digital series that debuted on TheWB.com in 2008 and quickly became a Web hit with its twisted take on network medical dramas like Grey’s Anatomy and House. The complete Childrens Hospital – including both the newly produced episodes as well as the original Webisodes – will premiere on Adult Swim this summer. Childrens Hospital explores the emotional struggles and sexual politics of a group of doctors charged with healthy libidos. Their dedication to their personal lives is relentless, interrupted only by the occasional need to treat sick children. Childrens Hospital is produced by Abominable Pictures and distributed by Warner Bros. Television. Executive producers are Rob Corddry (Hot Tub Time Machine, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart), Jonathan Stern (The Ten, Scotland, PA) and David Wain (Role Models, Wet Hot American Summer)."

[Youtube]ZUCQNP2yWnk[/Youtube]

[Youtube]w422f4UUE_4[/Youtube]

Anyways was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this series, it's no secret [adult swim] is pretty widely watched so hoping some others are enjoying it so far^^.

From the previews alone, it looked pretty terrible. Haven't got a chance to actually watch it though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I watched an episode on Adult Swim.com & loved it. The cast alone is impressive but all the guest stars that are appearing make it amazing. The PA announcements by Michael Cera are hilarious.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    The PA announcements by Michael Cera are hilarious.
    Oh man I fucking KNOW haha, I really disliked that guy when he first came out, but he's doing so much goofy shit in movies and shows he's starting to warm up on me. He was even in an episode of Tim&Eric lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by Neometalrain View Post
    From the previews alone, it looked pretty terrible. Haven't got a chance to actually watch it though.
    Well, it's kinda "stupid" comedy, but [as] really caters to the stoners so it's pretty random and irreverent jokes ALOT on their shows. Give it a shot, it really is quite thought out when you watch it and the jokes are spot-on. There's episodes on YouTube already, and pretty sure [as] has it uploaded on their site, they're usually johnny-on-the-spot with uploading new shows.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tellahh View Post
    Tim&Eric
    You watch that shit? Seriously?

Watched an episode of this shit and almost had a seizure. Er, this Children's Hospital that is.

T&E though, needs to just stop. That is the worst show on the planet.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    You watch that shit? Seriously?
    I knoooow, I was a little disgusted with myself at first, but I leave [as] on pretty much whenever I'm near a TV at night and just started watching it a bit. Some of the shit is beyond stupid, but a few bits are just funny as hell. It doesn't hurt to be baked out of your gourd to enjoy it x.x. The Tairy Green sketch was the funniest I've ever seen, cameo by Zach Galifinakis.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Live action shows on Adult Swim have a long history of awfulness, but this show is actually funny. Check it out.

It's not one of those obnoxious postmodern "it's purposely so bad it's supposed to be funny" shows. It's just a bunch of comedians playing completely irresponsible doctors and having fun.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well series is going pretty well so far, last night's episode was kind of lacking but I think that's what they were going for with such an "epic surgery" going on haha. Rob had his little segment of his favorite clips from season one and even though he was making a joke since they were all his scenes, I loved alot of those lines lol.

Hardest I laughed in this season though was when The Chief was trying to hit the elevator button with her crutches while Michael Cera voiced over the P.A. "Attention Staff; Red Alert, all hands report to battle stations, I Repeat, Red Alert." I almost pissed myself laughing so hard...

August 22nd new episodes^^~

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I started to watch it because of this thread and it has its amusing parts, but it's also weird. Didn't it just start a few weeks ago though, and it's alrdy over? I got a kick out of Couddry being like "Im going to start my own private practice.. this fall!" lol

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The director came in and spoke to my film class a few times. Got to see the first few episodes before they aired.

Jeffery Ross is <3

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The director as in David Wain?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I started to watch it because of this thread and it has its amusing parts, but it's also weird. Didn't it just start a few weeks ago though, and it's alrdy over? I got a kick out of Couddry being like "Im going to start my own private practice.. this fall!" lol
    Well see this was already a webseries before it dropped on TV, so they kinda had "Webisodes" about 5min each. Granted they're probably gonna keep that going but new episodes launch in another week & 1/2^^.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I tried watching an episode and did not like it one bit. It seemed all over the place like there were like three different shows being shown in same the time slot. Is that regular? It didn't even seem like the show ended before the next one went on; I was lost pretty much story-wise. Also I didn't find it funny. I might watch one more to give it another shot though.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    It seemed all over the place like there were like three different shows being shown in same the time slot. Is that regular? It didn't even seem like the show ended before the next one went on;
    Well see as I posted above each episode is about 5min long and they combined two and put a trailer for a non-existent show they had cameos of more actors in between every block just for laughs. The trailer was the same in every fucking episode block just about lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level

*Bump*

New episodes dropped a week ago and I already love them. Henry Winkler is fucking hilarious I'm so glad they brought him in to be the "evil boss". Upcoming new episode looks exceptionally funny, can't wait^^.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The guy who plays the kid with advanced aging disease is pure gold. Everything he says floors me.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by grantlogan View Post
    The guy who plays the kid with advanced aging disease is pure gold. Everything he says floors me.
    "I want a dinosaur doctor!!" still has me lolling every time me or a friend say it haha. His name is Nick Kroll, he's a hilarious comedian. I first heard of him cause he was a writer on Chapelle's Show but he's not in a ton other stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Kroll <Wiki~

This 2nd season is gonna keep being great I can already tell :D.