1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Thaumaturge     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I was able to repair my Silver Scepter as Gold 16.

I did it at 11. First time, then the next time I tried I failed 8 times, but I repaired it on the 9th go.

Is there anything else worth getting with Guild Marks other than Firm Conviction?
    Shadowfall sounds like THM's version of Nature's Wrath (which is pretty meh except for soloing leves) and I'm not sure about Silhouette since it's been reported to be weaker than Phantom Dart and THM's defensive abilities are good enough not to need enmity reduction right now.

I dunno if Silhouette works right, but if you're doing nothing but curing and support, adding a few silhouettes can help do damage and keep hate low. I've even had mobs turn away from me when using it. The stamina cost doesn't matter when you cure, it's not good for dealing raw damage though.

Anyone noticing Scourge and Banish II randomly failing to activate? It might be a glitch, it happens quite often. Most of the time I'm not even getting hit (I would understand if I was getting hit), so I'm wondering if this is a random thing with me or if anyone else is seeing it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Anyone noticing Scourge and Banish II randomly failing to activate? It might be a glitch, it happens quite often. Most of the time I'm not even getting hit (I would understand if I was getting hit), so I'm wondering if this is a random thing with me or if anyone else is seeing it.
    I was casting Scourge II frequently the other day, on Cellar Puks in Nanawa Mines. It never failed to activate for me. :-/

How many times did you have to cast Silhouette before the mob turned away? I've never been able to use it more than twice in a row, but two times has yet to be enough to cause the mob to forget about me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Swampthing View Post
    I was casting Scourge II frequently the other day, on Cellar Puks in Nanawa Mines. It never failed to activate for me. :-/

How many times did you have to cast Silhouette before the mob turned away? I've never been able to use it more than twice in a row, but two times has yet to be enough to cause the mob to forget about me.
    how much less dmg does it do? i have points to get it but it feels wrong not getting hate even if im not tanking, since most of the time that i get hate if im not tanking i have firm conviction on max anyways, i havent been one-shotted (except for aoes without shell) since i got more than 800hp.

Syphon TP is an overpowered spell. It's like Syphon MP (same recast and works on dead mobs) except it drains like 700-1000 TP per mob unless they have less than that. It never misses unless you use it on undead.
    The only thing that keeps it somewhat balanced is the lack of good mage WS's.
    Either way, with a dedicated party setup you can literally prevent mobs from using any TP move with this spell alone. Funny times.

Edit: upon further observation Syphon TP seems to cap at 750 TP on living mobs, but it gets a bonus on dead ones (like Syphon MP), going up to 950ish.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Curious of people's experience using flashfreeze. I get the incapacitate effect half the time on a mob but it wears off a few seconds later. Is this supposed to prevent a mob from using certain attacks? It's totally random on which part of a mob it will hit as well. I've seen it target billy's horns and limbs. Has anyone actually used it to farm horns off them? I haven't gotten any to drop myself and wonder if it works or maybe you need to pretty much kill the mob with flashfreeze with the incapacitation effect still on it in order for it to drop.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It targets a part of the body relative to your position when you use it. And the incapacitate debuff(which itself is useless afaik) isn't the same as the incapacitate effect. If you actually incapacitate the limb you hit, there will be an additional message. The Aldgoats horns receive the effect of incapacitation(debuff) vs. The Aldgoats horns are incapacitated(knocked them off).

With the Aldgoat example, knocking off the horns puts them in the loot table and reduces the distance you're knocked back by their charge. Probably reduces damage as well, but that's something I wouldn't have noticed while testing since I didn't get into it until 50.

BG Level

So for now it's basically worthless? Guess that frees up another spot on the hot bar...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol, a WS that can hit and incapacitate any bodypart is worthless? I think you're just confused in general.

BG Level

Well I'm asking. From what you said it gives the incapacitate debuff which you said is worthless but it still targets parts which help to incapacitate the mob(useful). My question is how useful is it really on a 60s cooldown? I guess in a party it might be helpful but I know you need like 1k dmg to a billy's horns to break them. I don't really see that happening solo with this skill. (maybe I should have emphasized the question as "how useful is this solo for breaking parts).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Obviously less useful than WS's without a 60 second cooldown for bodyparts they can actually target, and more useful as an all-in-one solution. If you're unaware, you should think of each limb as having an HP bar. When the limb reaches 0, its incapacitated. For groups, just being able to hit any limb is a big plus as anything you need to be grouped for isn't going to be taken out with a single shot. For solo, being able to take care of multiple mobs/parts is handy.. and its the only caster ability able to hit any at all. (whereas melee may be able to efficiently use cross-class WSs on their own, its obviously going to be fairly weak to do so as a DoM)

It's always on my bar. Throwing damage into limbs we're trying to knock off, and AFAIK it's the only thing that knocks down the Buffalos.

BG Level

That makes sense. Last question since you use it a lot it seems, any tips to increasing dmg? Str or Int based? I know stats hardly do crap anyway but be nice to boost it none the less.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No idea, it's not strength though.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Enyone here know what stat to raise in order for say slow/paralyse to have a longer duration?

Telliani

I like having both flashfreeze and the other one on my bar. So when I realize I have 2000 tp, I can use them both and hopefully one of them hits and does a little damage >_>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Edit: Hasty post nvm

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I'm brand new and wondering how stats should be distributed as Thaum?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast