1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Thaumaturge     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Well VIT is really important. MND is great for Mdef, but other than that none of the other stats have a significant boost...

I have my THM setup for tanking with VIT 140+, MND for Mdef, and PIE for sticking spells (supposedly this is Macc but I don't see it, and pots stick just as easy as spells anyway and generate a lot of hate too).

INT might boost dart/nuke damage a bit, but weapons degrade so fast, and damage drops off hardcore on mage weapons so I don't think INT is really worth it unless you can prove INT is that great on nukes somehow.

Do VIT and MND up to the cap, then PIE, then INT. DEX is optional, but I have some because of crafting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Where can I find the stat caps? Googling pulls up a bunch of bullshit guides to reach it but never tells you what it is.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...id=1882333&p=1

2nd post is the affect of pie on dots. Pretty good information. Just thinking out loud here but if you were solo'ing gob NM which has roughly 32,000 hp(got off a wiki site or w/e) and applied bio/dia/poison II the entire time, having 141 pie(158/tic) you'd need roughly 202 tics to kill it which would take about 10 minutes. I know it's kinda impossible to keep dots on the entire time due to mistakes/resists but this still seems pretty damn quick...

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...id=1882333&p=1

2nd post is the affect of pie on dots. Pretty good information. Just thinking out loud here but if you were solo'ing gob NM which has roughly 32,000 hp(got off a wiki site or w/e) and applied bio/dia/poison II the entire time, having 141 pie(158/tic) you'd need roughly 202 tics to kill it which would take about 10 minutes. I know it's kinda impossible to keep dots on the entire time due to mistakes/resists but this still seems pretty damn quick...
    Hey there, the link is actually to my lodestone profile. My fastest gob kill was about 9.5 minutes using 181 PIE (total from trait/gear as well). The 32,000ish HP value is right. I was using x3 THM DoT and Choke II, Bloodletter, Barbs, Shock Spikes, and Shadowsear/Chainspell for DD.

I only have anecdotal evidence for PIE lowering resist rates, but I can say there's some building resist concept to NMs, but with 181 PIE it doesn't seem to kick in that strongly before I kill it so I'll usually have 3-4 on for it at all times. Since you can (1) MP siphon everything including the dead adds and bouncers, (2) essentially deter majority of damage with Emulate, Sentinel, Deflection and Aegis Boon II, this is essentially a speed fight where you're not really worried about MP conservation or death.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's not that impossible, unless you get resisted constantly.

BG Level

Oh sweet! Didn't know you were on here. I did a bunch of reading of your solos. Just started reducing my mnd to build my pie up. I'm still 49 atm but attempted gob and ran out of mp with him around 40%. This is with GLD rank 1, and Conj at 28ish and was basically my first solo attempt of a NM although I've tanked Gob and Dodore in a party. Keep up the good work!

I've noticed the resist rates do build up. For the first couple rounds of dots they'll stick everytime but thereafter they'll start resisting almost every other cast-ish.

BG Level

Out of curiosity, do any other thms use aegis boon II? Yesterday I spent the day solo'ing NMs(x2 gob and x1 dodore, followed by tanking 5 more dodores for my ls) and noticed that out of my last 5 aegis boon II's on gob I failed to block every time. This could be to low stats (150 pie, 40 mnd, 150~ pie, everything else base) but just curious what everyone elses' experiences are. Also is it just me or does silence not work on dodore/his minions?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I only have Aegis Boon II on my bar for physical tanking like gob and buffalo. Honestly I hardly use it cuz I'd rather use the stamina for other stuff. I am more likely to swap between deflection and guard in most situations, buffalo being a minor exception but I rarely party tank him anymore as it is. I use Raptorskin Targe +1 and don't see many failed blocks in any case. If you're using a lantern-type shield, you'll see many however. That shield type just sucks for tanking.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Going to attempt to solo some NMs today I think. Any recommended gear? I have a firm grasp through watching Kaeko's vids on basically how the fight works.

EDIT: I'll post what I have, I'd like to see what others use as well for solo play.

weapon: Earth Brand+2
    shield: Thalassian Targe
    head: Divining Hat
    body: Loyalist's Bilaud/Seer's Cowl
    hands: Toadskin mitts
    legs: Velveteen Tights+1
    feet: Toadskin Leggings
    rings: Pearl Ring+1/NQ

Naver

Kaeko has a blog on XIV? Mind sharing a link for me please?

BG Level

Go for hp gear and maxing pie.

I use...
    Ice brand +1
    Raptorskin Targe
    Velveteen Acton
    Tarred Leather Trousers
    Toadskin Leggings
    Toadskin Mitts
    Vintage Coif
    Mythril Bracelet x2
    Peridot Ring

Gob is easy, can't really loose unless you get low on mp in which case you just run around siphoning mobs or you get a very unlucky stun as emulate wears.

Dodore is pretty much a gamble since if you get hit with a sear + scourge you're kinda toast. I solo'd it just with THM and CONJ(conj only 31) skills only so it's really not that tough. My first win I think it took me 26 or so minutes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Naver View Post
    Look at his sig O.o

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Naver View Post
    idk about a blog, but a few posts above mine is a linked site to lodestone where there's a few vids of them soloing the 'hnm'

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    Go for hp gear and maxing pie.

I use...
    Ice brand +1
    Raptorskin Targe
    Velveteen Acton
    Tarred Leather Trousers
    Toadskin Leggings
    Toadskin Mitts
    Vintage Coif
    Mythril Bracelet x2
    Peridot Ring

Gob is easy, can't really loose unless you get low on mp in which case you just run around siphoning mobs or you get a very unlucky stun as emulate wears.

Dodore is pretty much a gamble since if you get hit with a sear + scourge you're kinda toast. I solo'd it just with THM and CONJ(conj only 31) skills only so it's really not that tough. My first win I think it took me 26 or so minutes.
    what do you keep your stats at? I've pretty much kept 174 VIT for a while on thm and split the rest as 89MND 90 PIE

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Undermine

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    Hey there, the link is actually to my lodestone profile. My fastest gob kill was about 9.5 minutes using 181 PIE (total from trait/gear as well). The 32,000ish HP value is right. I was using x3 THM DoT and Choke II, Bloodletter, Barbs, Shock Spikes, and Shadowsear/Chainspell for DD.

I only have anecdotal evidence for PIE lowering resist rates, but I can say there's some building resist concept to NMs, but with 181 PIE it doesn't seem to kick in that strongly before I kill it so I'll usually have 3-4 on for it at all times. Since you can (1) MP siphon everything including the dead adds and bouncers, (2) essentially deter majority of damage with Emulate, Sentinel, Deflection and Aegis Boon II, this is essentially a speed fight where you're not really worried about MP conservation or death.
    Kaeko are you sure INT doesn't affect anything? I play Conjurer but I was thinking of trying to attempt these solos based on your THM information.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by neptunet View Post
    Kaeko are you sure INT doesn't affect anything? I play Conjurer but I was thinking of trying to attempt these solos based on your THM information.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ken-Unbalanced

too long to quote, but it is a nice read for thm's

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Undermine

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ken-Unbalanced

too long to quote, but it is a nice read for thm's
    Thanks for the link. I read it, but I am surprised how poorly that relates to the discussion of damage that's been going on here. That guy tested INT after there were 166 points in it and came to the conclusion that further points had no effect. 166! What good is doing the test when you have it near cap? Kaeko has 0 in INT if I remember right. I can't believe that guy didn't run a few tests with 0 in INT and 40 in INT. Sounds like the jury's still out.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm not too sure about conj, but from my understanding int does nothing for THM which was why I posted the article

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast