1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 15 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    You ppl hought about a VIT modifier like in 11?
    Yo Lyra! Long time no see! Anyways, no this is not the case.

I have pretty much dumped ALL my stats into Vitality and it definitely does not increase it one bit. It is definitely a rank thing.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

yeah I got 82 vit and 1500ish hp, only heals for like 270 as someone mentioned.

now green/yellow con mobs hit me for about 50-80 (alot less when I parry) so that 270 isn't too bad... now if only those yellow/orange con mobs gave more then the random 50-80exp...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    yeah I got 82 vit and 1500ish hp, only heals for like 270 as someone mentioned.

now green/yellow con mobs hit me for about 50-80 (alot less when I parry) so that 270 isn't too bad... now if only those yellow/orange con mobs gave more then the random 50-80exp...
    62 vitality and 1250 health, here. I think how useful it is depends on what you do. When I'm soloing leves, I usually hit Second Wind everytime it comes up (depending on the leve, o'course). Recovering 20% of my HP is too good to pass on when I'm fighting multiple mobs that are hitting for over 100. I figure that by 36, it will be healing about 350, which isn't amazing, but we also get Second Wind II at that rank, which will (hopefully) make it have a bigger impact.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    62 vitality and 1250 health, here. I think how useful it is depends on what you do. When I'm soloing leves, I usually hit Second Wind everytime it comes up (depending on the leve, o'course). Recovering 20% of my HP is too good to pass on when I'm fighting multiple mobs that are hitting for over 100. I figure that by 36, it will be healing about 350, which isn't amazing, but we also get Second Wind II at that rank, which will (hopefully) make it have a bigger impact.
    hope so, and yeah level mobs in 1 star Lv20 hit me like... 25-50 (if I don't parry) 2star is like 50-80, pretty much a tank that does decently high damage
    and yeah almsot forgot about second wind 2... by them i might actually have a reason to pickup the +10% healing though... although I'm kind of sad I cna't currently pickup flurry (some error about rank not high enough) so ;/

I hope you don't need to get Lv 40 for flurry... >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    hope so, and yeah level mobs in 1 star Lv20 hit me like... 25-50 (if I don't parry) 2star is like 50-80, pretty much a tank that does decently high damage
    and yeah almsot forgot about second wind 2... by them i might actually have a reason to pickup the +10% healing though... although I'm kind of sad I cna't currently pickup flurry (some error about rank not high enough) so ;/

I hope you don't need to get Lv 40 for flurry... >.>
    What are your stats (defensive) at? When I say leves, I usually mean non-trivial ones (something like Migrating Crustaceans), where I'm taking enough damage/fighting enough mobs that it would be possible for me to die and fail.

As for Flurry, it won't require 40, but I'm not sure what level it will. You can buy abilities before their optimal rank (I think I got Pummel at 17 or 18, optimal 20).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Taking the thread in another direction: what stats have you guys been focusing on? Saw this question back in OB with no real definitive answer. Seems like people are pumping VIT? I've just been sprinkling my points evenly across STR, VIT, and DEX, each sitting at 50 at Rank 18 PLG / Level 20.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Nyru View Post
    Taking the thread in another direction: what stats have you guys been focusing on? Saw this question back in OB with no real definitive answer. Seems like people are pumping VIT? I've just been sprinkling my points evenly across STR, VIT, and DEX, each sitting at 50 at Rank 18 PLG / Level 20.
    At first, I was putting points equally into STR, VIT, and DEX, but eventually I started throwing everything into VIT and STR (with a few points into MND every few levels).

Additionally, the second level of abilities shares a timer with the first and, in the case of Concussive Blow, the only difference appears to be the strength of the debuff effect. Using Concussive Blow II then Concussive Blow will leave the mob with Concussive Blow x1. Using Concussive Blow then Concussive Blow II will leave the mob with Concussive Blow x2. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

At first, I was putting points equally into STR, VIT, and DEX, but eventually I started throwing everything into VIT and STR (with a few points into MND every few levels).

Additionally, the second level of abilities shares a timer with the first and, in the case of Concussive Blow, the only difference appears to be the strength of the debuff effect. Using Concussive Blow II then Concussive Blow will leave the mob with Concussive Blow x1. Using Concussive Blow then Concussive Blow II will leave the mob with Concussive Blow x2. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
    Pretty much this. I am actually pulling points out of DEX because it isn't making an impact. Vitality, at least for me, is king. I get more HP, I take noticeably less damage, and it makes my life soloing easier which is a big plus given the EXP Bug situation. I can easily see PUG being a great tank end game with high evasion gear and decent defense. Even when my Strength is 20 lower than some of the people I party up with, holding hate is a cinch and I can take a hell of a lot more hits than most members in my party outside of save a Gladiator of comparable stats.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Nyru View Post
    I would pump VIT if you think you will be taking more of the hits... guess it depends if you will be soloing or partying more.. If its anything like a monk on XI, then I wouldn't be worrying about too much about your defense, since you're just a DD in a party. If you plan on taking some hits, then def work on your VIT

As for as priority, I would guess STR, then DEX, then VIT..?

Curious to what other people think. I haven't had a chance to play XIV much, I'm just basing this off of XI :/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by shindycat View Post
    I'm just basing this off of XI :/
    -_- two different games, especially 'math' wise

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Blargh. I really bought this game it thinking would just be a better version of XI lol

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by shindycat View Post
    Blargh. I really bought this game it thinking would just be a better version of XI lol
    Isn't it? Not to Hyan/mioko this thread but physical defense actually works unlike in XI, also they've removed all the inconvenience of an AH and auto attack, this game is great!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    Isn't it? Not to Hyan/mioko this thread but physical defense actually works unlike in XI, also they've removed all the inconvenience of an AH and auto attack, this game is great!
    Well, I hope you are right.. I will see once I play the game a bit more..I actually thought the AH was a brilliant idea lol

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

What are your stats (defensive) at? When I say leves, I usually mean non-trivial ones (something like Migrating Crustaceans), where I'm taking enough damage/fighting enough mobs that it would be possible for me to die and fail.

As for Flurry, it won't require 40, but I'm not sure what level it will. You can buy abilities before their optimal rank (I think I got Pummel at 17 or 18, optimal 20).
    I'm nearing 180 defense (at work atm) and have 80 vit (any higher then my current level give no more +hp so I'm presuming no effect on defense either)

I also have 80 str, and some dex... dex seems somewhat useless but I've capped the other 2 stats so... meh maybe they will fix dex to be noticeable one of these days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think DEX does have some significance, but it may just depend on level difference, or some other SE formulas etc. I was rank 14 (physical 18?) and went along to some rnk30 Leves. I hit the mob once or twice every 2-4 minutes for 10 or so mobs. I stacked my DEX to around 70ish (iirc). My hitrate improved significantly, even though my damage was merely 2-6 each heavy strike.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Could be just luck... you'd have to do long periods of fighting, not just 1 mob
    I feel that gear +accuracy gear is alot more noticeable then +dex... so buffing up str is the way to go and stacking +accuracy gear (or buffs aka gladiator thing)

Which do you guys prefer to sub, sacrifice or cure?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does anyone know where to get the materials for a Tortoiseshell Hora or what the recipe for Brass Knuckles or Toadskin Cesti are?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Does anyone know where to get the materials for a Tortoiseshell Hora
    I've seen hawksbill shells drop from humanoids in La Noscea, but if I had to guess what their "normal" source is, I'd guess Mining. It's probably the only ingredient in the synth to turn them into Tortoiseshell (plus crystals, obv.) and if I had to guess, probably a Cooking or Goldsmithing recipe. Horn glue is made of hippogryph claws and aldgoat horns, and antelope sinew cord is made just like other sinew cord but with antelope sinew.

Pelvic Thruster
    BG Level

Hawksbill Shell --> Tortoiseshell is goldsmithing and requires high level leatherworking as well (still get the "you suck at leatherworking" message at rank 18.) People say anglers can drop them as well as some humanoids but I haven't seen an angler drop one yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast