1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Even if you multiply 50 by 8 or 9, it still does less than a Blind Side II'd Follow Through.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone know where there is a good PGL quest guide? I can't find any but the first one anywhere.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twentytwo View Post
    You can buy Seasoned Veteran a total of 10 times, each one increases Affinity by 10, up to 100. So 10x10=100 for a total of 120,000 GuildMarks. I've been saving! I did not notice you could do that with the +10% healing, I'll head to Ul'dah right now and see if I can pick it up! I'm 39/40 now and mobs are hitting hard while tanking, def excited for this if it works.
    do you have to equip seasoned veteran or is it like training manuals?

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hm, I'm 38PHY/40CON/38THM right now and I can't seem to pick up the +10 Affinity trait more than once on either job. Is it just because you need to be 50 first to buy it again? I'm still on the LVL33 main quest line if that matters.

Also, if you buy it more than once, does it still cost 3 action points to equip? Or does it cost more?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    I tested Pummel myself since I didn't get a response from here or ZAM. I apologize if this is olde news or obvious; it was new to me.

Crosspost from ZAM PGL board:

so thoughts on pummel now since update kinda broke partying? is it more important since soloing is better for exp now?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm about to put Light Strike back in because of soloing. I generally only use Pummel on first hit or if it's easy shit anyways.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko View Post
    Hm, I'm 38PHY/40CON/38THM right now and I can't seem to pick up the +10 Affinity trait more than once on either job. Is it just because you need to be 50 first to buy it again? I'm still on the LVL33 main quest line if that matters.

Also, if you buy it more than once, does it still cost 3 action points to equip? Or does it cost more?
    At the time, purchasing more than one affinity trait was unconfirmed, and now that we have a bunch of 50s, I'm pretty sure that that was misinformation. None of us have been able to buy another affinity trait.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    At the time, purchasing more than one affinity trait was unconfirmed, and now that we have a bunch of 50s, I'm pretty sure that that was misinformation. None of us have been able to buy another affinity trait.
    Thanks for the clarification. I saved up like 100k marks for CON and THM based on that comment assuming I could get it x10 too

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, what is it, 88,000 guild marks will buy every ability/trait for one single class assuming you haven't bought any of them from a different guild already. 9,000 (or more?) of them you'll get from the quests.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What exactly does Seasoned Veteran/affinity do? Increase damage, enfeeb duration, second wind output? Also what rank do I have to be before I can do the PGL quest to obtain it, and is there a higher main story req?

New Odin
    BG Level

It does nothing for PUG. Enhances PUG skills when used by another class.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well fuck

When you have is at 100% can you use PGL skills on MRD and be just as effective? That seems like it could be broken.

New Odin
    BG Level

As a PUG your PUG skills are already at 100 affinity.. so it does nothing.

As some other class your PUG skills are at like 50 or so affinity.. this trait bumps them up to 60. Of course different skills may have different initial affinity, it depends. I think the PUG-specific skills go from 0 to 10 affinity, allowing you to use them.

If you could get more traits like this, potentially you could use PUG skills as a MRD with 100% effectiveness.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So each purchase only adds 1 affinity, that seems a little fail. 10% better second wind eventually I guess on MRD.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm assuming you mean 10.

Chances are there will be Seasoned Veteran II, III, etc. So you can use up your trait equip points on getting access to PGL-onry abilities and having them not completely suck. Not like there's much else for any one class to care to equip.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well I read this "As some other class your PUG skills are at like 50 or so affinity.. this trait bumps them up to 60." Coupled with what I read up top saying you could purchase it 10 times, I assume that is 1% per 12k Guild Marks..

New Odin
    BG Level

You can only purchase one.

Also if I read it correctly a bump from 50 to 60 would mean a 20% increase in effectiveness. The benefits would diminish as you get closer to 100 affinity though.

This is all data from beta so I think it should be tested a bit more imo. To make sure it hasn't changed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It was revealed that equipping 'One with Nature' gave any class the ability to use 'Tranquility' although severely gimped. This makes me assume that your default affinity with any other class is zero unless you equip an appropriate trait. Abilities like 'Pummel' that "require: hand to hand" might be available for other classes if they equip 'Seasoned Veteran.'

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

anyone try simian thrash to see if the damage went up on it to a decent amount?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Simian Thrash is now really good while tanking and using featherfoot, its pretty comparable to Chaos Thrust if you've seen the damage on that. Just sucks that you still have to evade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast