1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Marauder     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not really. Tanking is still its focus.

WAR adds only tanking skills, so technically MRD is a better DD because they can cross class more DD skills.

In reality you won't be DDing on either job and you won't be using MRD over WAR outside of some very specific situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Then those people need to grow some balls. I have many great female players in my shell and they are treated just like everyone else. When they fuck up, believe me they are called out on it. And certainly aren't treated any different then anyone else.
    Have fun with that

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Damn, sucks. Thanks for the replies however. I'll still give it a shot.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    WAR adds only tanking skills, so technically MRD is a better DD because they can cross class more DD skills.

In reality you won't be DDing on either job and you won't be using MRD over WAR outside of some very specific situations.
    I just want to tank (and solo), should I be looking at PLD or still looking at MRD/WAR?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I'd say MRD/WAR all the way. It is a beastly class/job.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Eh, GLA is probably actually slightly better for soloing things and both are pretty decent tanks.
    Its pretty much up in the air if soloing is important to you... otherwise at this point I'd say go MRD/WAR all the way.

WAR can solo decently well, which such high HP and Mercy Stroke (along with their version of 2nd Wind, Bloodbath and uhhh yeah) they can keep going as long as needed. Nevermind that recovery is fucking fast anyway so I'm pretty sure all jobs will do well solo. I wouldn't worry about which is better, since that only really matters when it comes to farming quickly.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Well then it just matters which is the better tank class. Gonna miss a shield, hope it's not like death knight.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    As ClarkSammich put it, that's kind of the point. I'm pretty sure the past few pages have been dedicated to judging people who don't really seem to "get" WAR, and much of the discussion on this very forum is predicated on what looks like "judging people" to you, but to others looks like "upholding personal or organizational standards". It's not your bag, that's cool; you don't have to associate with individuals or groups you aren't going to jive with, and similarly those individuals or groups aren't going to change their standards just because they make you feel uncomfortable.
    No, I don't have to play with them. But I still don't have to like it. I don't have to agree with it or accept it. But that also doesn't mean I'm going to go around and force my opinion on other people, but I will express my opinion on an open forum. (Which I am.) I've done actual real interviews with people as part of my job requirement and let me tell you that it is impossible to judge ANYONE from an interview. I've hired some people just because I wanted to take a chance (there's a 30 days before they are part of the union in which we can fire them without a fight, so there's that.) and let me tell you I've been surprised. Someone that you people describe (slow at communicating or learning) have actually been some of my stronger associates. Sure, that's not ALWAYS the case. It's the same thing with the girl thing. Not all girls will cause drama. Not all "slow people" are bad players. The interview process will never foresee this, unless of course you're using it to specifically weed out these specific people based off stereotypes. It just seems like people don't want to feel bad for kicking out players who are under performing and would rather just slam the door in their face to the people who meet a certain stereotype.

And yeah it seems like they want Marauder/Warrior to be the other tank. Which is cool, but I wonder what the difference between this class and Paladin will be. Obviously, having both leveled will help you cover all areas of tanking... if that's even the situation. I plan to play Gladiator/Paladin and will most likely do Marauder/Warrior too.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Articus View Post
    No, I don't have to play with them. But I still don't have to like it. I don't have to agree with it or accept it.
    Why are you being so judgmental of people who don't want to play with 'tards or skirts?

Yes yes, everyone is special and awesome until they prove they aren't special or awesome. Then you kick them, which is more satisfying that not inviting them in the first place.

let me tell you that it is impossible to judge ANYONE from an interview.
    It's actually not, you're just not trained to do it and don't have the natural intuitive ability to do so.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I don't think anyone is gonna try and pretend they know every facet of a persons history and personality from a short interview but there is a whole shitload of obvious red flags and signs that someone may not fit in your circle or be up to your standards skill wise. I don't see why you'd kick up a fuss about any guilds doing it, if you take issue with their recruitment process (of all the things) chances are you don't want to be there and chances are they won't want you. Move on and find a group on your level.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I thought this thread was about Marauder.

Anyways, can I ukko's fury things?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Nope. Looking at the benchmark changes, there is some indication that MRD/WAR was not quite as close to the DPS jobs as they'd wanted, but it's also very clear that it's not supposed to be in the same echelon as the pure DPS jobs. You'll do well solo, and it's likely that a lot of DF PUGs won't be able to tell the difference between MRD/WAR output and that of other jobs', especially taking into account potential AoE damage on trash (until/unless we get in-game damage meter addons or unless someone is parsing you).

The animations are pretty cool though (as they are across the board).

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You're da bess. Thanks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Well then it just matters which is the better tank class. Gonna miss a shield, hope it's not like death knight.
    It's more like a bear/dk hybrid, without the godawful resource system DK had.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    It's more like a bear/dk hybrid, without the godawful resource system DK had.
    Well I guess that's ok, still makes PLD look appealing though.