1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

DEX is worthless for MAR, when I was @30 MAR in P3 I reassigned my acc from 50>15 and I missed/wiffed on all mobs just the same. In @18 MAR I've tried 45 dex & 15 dex and they seem to be the same. VIT & STR seem to be far better investments. This is eyeballing of course, but even still, I've played MAR P2>P3>OB and I have enough experience with it somewhat of an accurate statement on it.

Get bronze laybse or iron laybse, your acc issues should go away. They have like at least +20 acc on them to help with the missing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    DEX is worthless for MAR, when I was @30 MAR in P3 I reassigned my acc from 50>15 and I missed/wiffed on all mobs just the same. In @18 MAR I've tried 45 dex & 15 dex and they seem to be the same. VIT & STR seem to be far better investments. This is eyeballing of course, but even still, I've played MAR P2>P3>OB and I have enough experience with it somewhat of an accurate statement on it.
    Yeah many have been saying that DEX doesn't do much atm. at least not for your acc. But you'd think it'll change for retail cause, you know, the only description for DEX currently is "increases physical accuracy".. but it probably isn't working as intended right now, or there's just something weird going on, because I doubt they can just leave it as an useless stat. It not giving acc for marauder is weird for another reason as well, because few of my friends have been playing different jobs, like archer, and they've said that without rather high DEX amount you're screwed because you can't hit for shit, so I don't know. There are just so many things in the game currently that make me wonder.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Does anyone know if the things you buy with guild marks for Marauder would transfer over to other jobs? For example

Intimidation
    Increases the enmity generated by your actions by 10
    If I bought that with Marauder guild marks but switch to Gladiator would I still generate 10 additional enmity on all actions? Or is it Marauder specific actions?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn View Post
    Does anyone know if the things you buy with guild marks for Marauder would transfer over to other jobs? For example

If I bought that with Marauder guild marks but switch to Gladiator would I still generate 10 additional enmity on all actions? Or is it Marauder specific actions?
    I have a wild guess that you could put them on the traits bar on the abilities and traits menu, perhaps for any job you're playing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Traits can be equipped on other classes yeah.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TStupified View Post
    Yeah many have been saying that DEX doesn't do much atm. at least not for your acc. But you'd think it'll change for retail cause, you know, the only description for DEX currently is "increases physical accuracy".. but it probably isn't working as intended right now, or there's just something weird going on, because I doubt they can just leave it as an useless stat. It not giving acc for marauder is weird for another reason as well, because few of my friends have been playing different jobs, like archer, and they've said that without rather high DEX amount you're screwed because you can't hit for shit, so I don't know. There are just so many things in the game currently that make me wonder.
    It may be that Dex now relates more to critical hit rate. I tested MAR from Alpha through OB and in P1-3 Dex had something to do with ACC, at least from casual observation. I didn't notice the same effect in OB, but I did notice that I was getting more critical hits than I had been getting in previous test phases. It would be worth checking out more formally.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If it's anything like XI, DEX will more than likely effect crit hits more than just landing hits. Has anyone done testing to see if there's a floor/ceiling on acc? Maybe you just need sushi.. (lolz, I'll miss you FFXI)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Do Marauders get an offhand equip? (I don't think so but not sure). And I'm not very high, only rank 10, but I've been splitting stats between mostly str and then vit and dex. I was doing some level 1 leves with a group and I noticed a lot more crits than when I did them leveling up. Can't say much for accuracy though, I usually do the AoE attacks on mobs and hit something unless its red.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Did they fix DEX for MRD in release?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    Don't think so, I still whiff like a lil bitch with my Bronze Labrys and nearly equal STR & DEX (VIT a bit behind), also have acc rings.

Makes me crazy sometimes.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    The axes themselves seem to make the biggest difference. Getting the 26 iron axe gave a large boost to acc. I took dex to 40 when i had the weathered axe and it made no difference beside seemed to crit more. I'd recommend just doing vit + str.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Daggerspine

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    The axes themselves seem to make the biggest difference. Getting the 26 iron axe gave a large boost to acc. I took dex to 40 when i had the weathered axe and it made no difference beside seemed to crit more. I'd recommend just doing vit + str.
    At what lvl are you using that iron axe at?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by thisbjon View Post
    At what lvl are you using that iron axe at?
    19, gives 2 more acc and like 20 more attack then the bronze laybse

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Did you just buy it from the vendor I'm assuming?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Just want to check and see if anyone has used marauder to tank or offtank yet? Would it be possible/effective?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

From my limited MAR experience (rank 10), Marauder looks like a powerhouse versus multiple mob groups with a lot of Area of Effect abilities, and they have Defender.

Not sure if Bloodbath stacks with AoE Abils, but if it does it will be damn hot. Focusing on my Gladiator first, possibly taking up Marauder later on.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Bloodbath does not stack with aoes sadly.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Kartis View Post
    Did you just buy it from the vendor I'm assuming?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrougabagel View Post
    Just want to check and see if anyone has used marauder to tank or offtank yet? Would it be possible/effective?
    I've tried to, and it's not effective unless you have voke and taunt. GLD and PUG hold hate much better w/ their own abilities. If you can stay in stedfast + defender using taunt/voke you would be able to tank better then either tho.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

NVM I'm dumb and didn't read the first page

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Can anyone confirm missing a hit after using bloodbath? My marauder is only level 8ish now so I havent been using it extensively but I've noticed every bloodbath modified trunksplitter hits every time (so far).