1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by #686578 View Post
    Can anyone confirm missing a hit after using bloodbath? My marauder is only level 8ish now so I havent been using it extensively but I've noticed every bloodbath modified trunksplitter hits every time (so far).
    You can miss with Bloodbath up, and the effect stays on. I've gotten into the habit of having atleast 2000 TP before I use it to make sure I don't waste it on a Light Swing.

Oh, anyone else noticed that TP-moves seems to have significantly worse Accuracy than Light Swing? I've whiffed 7 Trunksplitters/Branish in a row, and had no troubles hitting the Light Swings in between.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by #686578 View Post
    Can anyone confirm missing a hit after using bloodbath? My marauder is only level 8ish now so I havent been using it extensively but I've noticed every bloodbath modified trunksplitter hits every time (so far).
    That's funny actually, for me the bloodbath + WS combo that would save my life nearly always misses.

But to the question itself, yeah, I can confirm that.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah definitely hate whiffing even with 3k TP w/ Bloodbath up, coupled with the lag it kills me often.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The nice thing about Bloodbath is that the effect does not disappear after the first attack unless it's successful. This behavior is different than, say, Lancer's Ferocity, which is consumed upon swinging, not landing a hit. As Trocian mentioned above, generally when I'm in a situation where I need the heal, I wait to use Bloodbath+Ferocity until I have over 2k TP, so that I can use two big WSs in a row.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ive been stacking buffs like bloodbath + ferocity > WS

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Raging Strike from Archer is also a good buff for MRD, should probably test if it stacks with Ferocity as well.

And boy am I tempted to buy that 220k axe from the NPC, just wondering if it's worth it.. I'd hate to come across a bazaar selling similar shit with half the price after.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by TStupified View Post
    Raging Strike from Archer is also a good buff for MRD, should probably test if it stacks with Ferocity as well.

And boy am I tempted to buy that 220k axe from the NPC, just wondering if it's worth it.. I'd hate to come across a bazaar selling similar shit with half the price after.
    I have the bronze laybse and the iron war axe. From what I notice you need to be 17+ rank to make the iron war axe worth it because you'll be losing acc. Right now @ 23 I'm sitting on 80 attack as opposed to the 58.

Jesus fucking Christ SE needs to fix this class's accuracy. I've been hitting 20~30% of the time vs blue~green conning moles, roselets, chigoes, and dodos. Rank 15 Maraudor/Level 17 Physical sporting 4 Brass Rings(+12 Accuracy) and a Bronze Labrys(best axe for my level). I'm sporting Bronze Chain Coif, Brass Choker, Bronze Haubergeon, Reinforced Bronze Mitt Gauntlets, and Bronze Sollerets as far as other gear other than the default undergarments and default belt, so my defense is definitely not lacking. As for the points I've been using in Point Allotment, I've poured them all evenly into STR, VIT, and DEX. I've been keeping my weapon above 50% condition.

As for which WS I'm using, I've been sticking to Skull Sunder exclusively since the accuracy doesn't change for the other WS and I can dish out more damage spamming a WS that costs half the TP and half the stamina. I absolutely can't get away with having to wait until 3000 TP before stacking Bloodbath and a WS because I'm missing 2 and 3 in a row before I finally land one. It fucking sucks only being able to land a WS 1/5 of the time. I also use Fracture whenever I parry which seems to land about 1/3 of the time.

I've died at least 20 times this rank fighting blue~green conning dodos, getting them down to a sliver of HP and missing many times, allowing the mob to finish me off. This is straight fucking bullshit. It's starting to make me believe we're going to need accuracy granting foods (when we discover the recipes for those foods) for most mobs at all level ranges. My accuracy wasn't half this bad when I was fighting squirrels and sheep but now they give total shit for rank/physical points.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Haven't really tested myself, but most of the time equiping any armor that is well above your rank nets you a huge loss. You're better off wearing things that you meet the optimal rank on. As for missing, I deal with the same on lancer. It. Just. Sucks. The good thing is once you hit 20 it doesn't matter anymore. You use feint every time you miss for 250tp and get ws dmg. Probably my favorite ability in this game so far. 20 is a lot to rank up for just for one ability, but it is pretty game breaking and easily solves the acc problem.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ SE needs to fix this class's accuracy. I've been hitting 20~30% of the time vs blue~green conning moles, roselets, chigoes, and dodos. Rank 15 Maraudor/Level 17 Physical sporting 4 Brass Rings(+12 Accuracy) and a Bronze Labrys(best axe for my level). I'm sporting Bronze Chain Coif, Brass Choker, Bronze Haubergeon, Reinforced Bronze Mitt Gauntlets, and Bronze Sollerets as far as other gear other than the default undergarments and default belt, so my defense is definitely not lacking. As for the points I've been using in Point Allotment, I've poured them all evenly into STR, VIT, and DEX. I've been keeping my weapon above 50% condition.

As for which WS I'm using, I've been sticking to Skull Sunder exclusively since the accuracy doesn't change for the other WS and I can dish out more damage spamming a WS that costs half the TP and half the stamina. I absolutely can't get away with having to wait until 3000 TP before stacking Bloodbath and a WS because I'm missing 2 and 3 in a row before I finally land one. It fucking sucks only being able to land a WS 1/5 of the time. I also use Fracture whenever I parry which seems to land about 1/3 of the time.

I've died at least 20 times this rank fighting blue~green conning dodos, getting them down to a sliver of HP and missing many times, allowing the mob to finish me off. This is straight fucking bullshit. It's starting to make me believe we're going to need accuracy granting foods (when we discover the recipes for those foods) for most mobs at all level ranges. My accuracy wasn't half this bad when I was fighting squirrels and sheep but now they give total shit for rank/physical points.
    You're doing it wrong or something. I'm @34 dex, which doesn't really do anything, w/ iron war axe and acc is not an issue. Idk what to tell you. I have wiff fests, but it's on red mobs, I have the occasional miss on blue/green tho, but that goes w/o saying for any class..

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    You're doing it wrong or something. I'm @34 dex, which doesn't really do anything, w/ iron war axe and acc is not an issue. Idk what to tell you. I have wiff fests, but it's on red mobs, I have the occasional miss on blue/green tho, but that goes w/o saying for any class..
    I envy you. My DEX is 49. i cannot safely solo anything above yellow and most of the time, I'll lose with the mob having less than 5% HP remaining. I have to start every fight at full HP or it's certain I'll be dead from all the whiffing.

Feint sounds pretty damn juicy.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My DEX is 68 and I still have huge whiff streaks even on blue/green mobs if they're the right type, ie. monkeys, rats, pretty much anything you could imagine being fast and evasive.

Gonna switch my axe to Iron War Axe soon, haven't done so yet only because I'm not able to repair it myself, so been using Bronze Labrys.

I've already gotten slightly paranoid thinking that maybe it's some hidden shitty stat on Highlanders because they're strong and big and all that yarr shit. Saw an Elezen fighting evasive mobs and hitting just fine with the same weapon I'm using, it's probably nothing, but it's easy to start speculating shit like that when you see so big differences in a certain thing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

As an Elezen I can tell you I miss a ridiculous amount as well ; ;

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Also, what level is required to repair the Iron War Axe?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kartis View Post
    Also, what level is required to repair the Iron War Axe?
    I'd say around lvl15-20 Blacksmith, as that's the level area when you can start doing Iron Nuggets, which are the repair mats.

Not entirely sure if you can do it earlier though, ffxiv.yg.com lists the nuggets as lvl20 BS synth, but lodestone has them in the low middles of the lvl11-20 synth list.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're around 15ish, a 16 smith in my shell was getting ~200-250 skill off them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan? View Post
    They're around 15ish, a 16 smith in my shell was getting ~200-250 skill off them.
    Nice to know, now if I just could get myself into doing blacksmithing skill ups for one day or so.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

If you are planning on buying that axe, you really should level your blacksmith. It's extremely convenient to be able to whip your hammer out on the field and repair to 100%. Not to mention the 32k repair bill on the thing....

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

i have 16blacksmithing and can make iron nuggets

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Just read today that we can decapitate a human mobs head(as well as several other body parts) in the game and all we need is Skull Sunder II. The lodestone explains this and battle regimens in detail on the front page as of today. Would link but I'm typing from my Droid.

Pretty neat.