1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    decapitate
    Read : incapacitate.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

True Strike, guess wishful thinking made my eyes play tricks on me.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Iron Tempest misses literally 100% of the time for me. Even on level 1 mobs. RAGE

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What skills are on your action bars?

Lvl 19 here and mine are:
    1 Light swing
    2 Skull Sunder
    3 Trunksplitter
    4 Raging strike
    5 Bloodbath
    6 Second Wind
    7 Cure
    8 Invigorate
    9 Shock Spikes
    0 Punishing barbs
    11 Broad Swing

I'm just trying out invigorate and it's nice for building up a lot of TP but I'm not sold on it just yet. Any good skills I should be using?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

How much HP are u getting back on a cure at that lvl?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    What skills are on your action bars?

Lvl 19 here and mine are:
    1 Light swing
    2 Skull Sunder
    3 Trunksplitter
    4 Raging strike
    5 Bloodbath
    6 Second Wind
    7 Cure
    8 Invigorate
    9 Shock Spikes
    0 Punishing barbs
    11 Broad Swing

I'm just trying out invigorate and it's nice for building up a lot of TP but I'm not sold on it just yet. Any good skills I should be using?
    Get fracture in there imo.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    How much HP are u getting back on a cure at that lvl?
    I want to say around 180. I think it was about 50 more than sacrafice, and I only have points in STR, DEX, and VIT.

I want everyone to know that once I hit 18 today, the accuracy on my 4 brass rings went into full affect and my accuracy went up substantially. You should use Bronze Labrys until you hit 19, then use the Spiked Bronze Labrys, if you can find one. Wait until you're of optimum rank to use the Iron War Axe. You will lose accuracy using it over the Bronze Labrys if you use it before it's optimum rank. I'm starting to see the difference now in equipping equipment way ahead of your level vs equipment you're at or above the optimum rank for. It's far better to use equipment you've already hit the optimum rank for over equipment you're not yet leveled into.

Protip: You can view your accuracy in the equipment menu. When you increase your DEX, the accuracy number does not go up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Get fracture in there imo.
    Fracture is awesome, but it seams steadfast wears off from simply having your character break animation while doing something. Breaking animation counts as moving an inch I guess.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Diablokiller View Post
    Iron Tempest misses literally 100% of the time for me. Even on level 1 mobs. RAGE
    I played around with this in beta, found that Iron Tempest only hits only hit mobs which aren't your primary target.
    For example if your fighting a group of 3 swarms it will only hit the 2 swarms you aren't currently attacking.
    This was how it worked in beta anyways, so would be a good place to start for testing it if you haven't tried already.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm selling Spiked Bronze Labrys axes and Storm Axes on Palamecia server.
    Using a Spiked bronze +1 on my 21 marauder with 4 brass rings, I now have 85 att and 136 acc.
    It really is worth the upgrade.
    if interrested you can contact me, ingame name Darkspawn Centurion.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anyone try using the absorb spells on marauder? any need for PIE to make them effective?

Disorient not going off 50% of the time is REALLY annoying.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by GavinBandura View Post
    Disorient not going off 50% of the time is REALLY annoying.
    Holy shit I know, absolutely kills my Status Bar. I typically only do it once at the start of a fight or not at all. It normally works at the beginning of a fight, but I definitely notice less success mid fight.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I came here looking to ask about Disorient and guess I found my answer from the last two posts. I would like to comment that it is a good tool for gaining SP, even if it is frustrating as all hell. In party play, I was able to land it at the beginning of fights consistently and I would say about 1 in every 4 fights it would give me a nice 70-100 sp. I was 21 MRD fighting island crabs in a party. I couldn't figure it out at first since my axe hits were 20-70 in the fight, but the large 70-100 gains were from using Disorient it seems. Hopefully someone else can confirm that it does give SP.

I thought I was clever using a Foresight/Fracture combo (I'm sure every MRD has used it by now), but it almost seems mobs are "smart" and avoid hitting you when you have it up. I swear aldgoat nanny's instantly use their buff moves and dodos go to their belch tp move rather than hitting you. I have no real proof, but I really dislike Foresight and won't be using it again. Fracture is nice in solo play, but otherwise I wouldn't bother with combining it with foresight. Just rely on the luck of parries to hit fracture if you use it for solo play. Id rather use the extra slot for another move.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah, debuffs like Disorient, Taunt, etc., have a chance to proc a skill gain.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Panda View Post
    I thought I was clever using a Foresight/Fracture combo (I'm sure every MRD has used it by now), but it almost seems mobs are "smart" and avoid hitting you when you have it up. I swear aldgoat nanny's instantly use their buff moves and dodos go to their belch tp move rather than hitting you. I have no real proof, but I really dislike Foresight and won't be using it again. Fracture is nice in solo play, but otherwise I wouldn't bother with combining it with foresight. Just rely on the luck of parries to hit fracture if you use it for solo play. Id rather use the extra slot for another move.
    This is exactly what I do. Don't forget to mention that Foresight takes way too fucking much stamina for a chance to parry once for 30(?) seconds and takes 3 action points. Speaking of which, why the hell does everything (besides a couple spells) take 3 action points? I don't know why I thought they were going to do some balancing by way of adjusting action points per ability but they, once again, managed to drop the ball on that potential as well.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I dunno if some people have noticed, but parrying also has a chance to give you SP :s

Should the level 10 axe (Bronze... labyrs or something) be this hard to find? Would it be better to find another high level axe instead?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast