1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Our main type of armor is going to be leather right? so looks like Leatherworking + Woodworking is a nice combo to level up with looking at the Lodestone synthesis recipes..decent body/feet/hand armor fairly early on in the craft 1 > 10 has atleast two body pieces with various glove/feet/legs recipes.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm gonna do what I should have did in XI. Level GS so I can make disgustingly huge profits, then buy everything I need. Unless SE truly fixed the crafting by taking out the AH entirely, this is probably still going to be the big moneymaker.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Our main type of armor is going to be leather right? so looks like Leatherworking + Woodworking is a nice combo to level up with looking at the Lodestone synthesis recipes..decent body/feet/hand armor fairly early on in the craft 1 > 10 has atleast two body pieces with various glove/feet/legs recipes.
    Weaver is very important as well. But yeah, those two are the others to focus on. Also, since goldsmith focuses on dex and so does archer I will be picking that up as well. Everyone needs jewelry after all right?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Well reading this forum it seems like even though you can make armor very early in the crafts the items actually needed require a lot higher skill So I guess you can't really level a craft to make your gear just yet, Max profit I guess would be the best idea to begin with with.. I'm tempted to take Ray's advice and go with the money maker first to nest loads of gil and just powerlevel another craft up with the gil you make from that.. I messed up by leveling a profitless craft in XI don't want to make the same mistake although the EXP you get from crafting kinda makes you level them all so really it doesn't matter I guess lol

BG Level

It seems you'll be able to make some good loot once the game comes out. Especially if you get a head start and make gear that you can sell to the new people on the 30th. And the same with the ps3 people. But once everyone has a craft leveled then its main use will be to simply create shit for yourself. Besides gil has been easy as shit until now. Damn near everyone had over a mil just sitting there since the market sucks and you can't buy what you can't find.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Yeah that might be a good idea aswell, leveling a craft up.. storing loads of low level armor and then selling it onto the people that start playing next week and in march hmm.. sorry off topic.

BG Level

Yeah, you can take advantage of the 30k everyone gets at the start. I'd recommend leveling carpenter first if you plan to main archer. Since I was spending 13k for a stack of arrows at early levels. I can imagine it can get expensive if you don't make your own. And while smith jobs seem to always give you good gil, I hear you have to use crystals which are harder to come by.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

They need to add quivering like, now. Rank 14-15 ate about 20 stacks of arrows. Inventory management is a horrible on Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammses View Post
    They need to add quivering like, now. Rank 14-15 ate about 20 stacks of arrows. Inventory management is a horrible on Archer.
    Completely agreed.

Also, has anyone else noticed a big ACC nerf OB -> Release?

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I definitely feel like i'm missing more than in OB. I'm gonna play around with some obsidian arrows to see how much difference the 30 accuracy makes. Also, they bumped the marks required for guild abilities up by 1000 to 6000

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

when can you even start getting guild marks?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    when can you even start getting guild marks?
    Usually you start seeing them from R20 leve rewards.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

is that Physical or Job level 20?

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    is that Physical or Job level 20?
    He is saying you get guild marks as a reward from the level 20 camp leves (Ul'dah: Horizon, LL: Bloodshore, Grid: Tranquil). These will be available to you at class rank 13.

tol

Quote Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
    I definitely feel like i'm missing more than in OB. I'm gonna play around with some obsidian arrows to see how much difference the 30 accuracy makes. Also, they bumped the marks required for guild abilities up by 1000 to 6000
    I miss puncture so much Im having rage flashbacks to slugshot :X I would have to concur with the acc being out of whack atm.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even just going up to Bronze arrows seems to make a huge difference in accuracy.

And it's probably placebo but Wide Volley seems more accurate then Puncture (not to mention being downright awesome in leves where mobs start out clustered. Raging Strike + Volley was giving me 3x oneshots in some level 10 leves I was soloing).

SE: QUIVERZ PLZ!!!!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    SE: QUIVERZ PLZ!!!!
    Would be nice, or just let arrows stack to 99 like certain materials or 999 like shards

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Where the fook do I find more arrows. And how do I join the Archer's guild. I'm so lost right now. Any help would be perfect. The city I'm in is Gridania.

~Erl

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Im whiffing blues 50% of the time. 4x Copper Rings, Bronze Arrows. Could racc be affected by distance to mob?