1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 17 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    I absolutely love archer, but I now give up for the time being. Until my physical is higher I'll go back. But in one day I got my lancer caught up to what my archer is. And I've been leveling archer since launch. Damn thing is so powerful, that I kill my leve mobs with one or two hits, thus not getting skill. And if i turn the difficulty up to high I fail.
    I've been running into that as well, I'll kill green mobs in 4 shots. I actually changed my weapon to the level 1 weapon, and saw a little bit of a difference, but I just felt retarded doing it.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I love how there's nowhere to solo at 20, unless I'm completely retarded. Monkeys in grid are way too easy now, and I can barely kill an arbor squirrel in coerthas without dieing because of this shit level 8 bow and its accuracy. I can kill them and does sometimes, but it's like so random it's not even fucking worth it to try anymore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Rank 24 now and so tired of using the Maple Longbow, anyone who has seen any progress with new bows over the weekend?

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    Rank 24 now and so tired of using the Maple Longbow, anyone who has seen any progress with new bows over the weekend?
    When you find a 20 carpenter it's not too hard to make a plumed willow shortbow. However, It's taking me a bit to get to 20 myself :-\

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hopefulki View Post
    When you find a 20 carpenter it's not too hard to make a plumed willow shortbow. However, It's taking me a bit to get to 20 myself :-\
    I've yet to see anyone wearing one on my server atleast. I've been trying to level Carpentry (13) myself but due to lack of time I've had to priority grinding most of the time so for now it's only used to repair my current bow.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've yet to see anyone wearing one on my server atleast. I've been trying to level Carpentry (13) myself but due to lack of time I've had to priority grinding most of the time so for now it's only used to repair my current bow.
    I found a JP on Rab to make it, saw him making a bunch and selling for 200k/ea, I had my own materials so it wasn't bad. He was 21 Carpentry with Bowyering Training - that training seems VERY important for bow making btw. I haven't tested it out since I am waiting for my grind partner to log on, but stat-wise it is a decent increase from the Maple Longbow.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I found a JP on Rab to make it, saw him making a bunch and selling for 200k/ea, I had my own materials so it wasn't bad. He was 21 Carpentry with Bowyering Training - that training seems VERY important for bow making btw. I haven't tested it out since I am waiting for my grind partner to log on, but stat-wise it is a decent increase from the Maple Longbow.
    What was his name? I've been trying to get my crafts high enough to try a Wrapped Maple Longbow, due to time constraints that hasn't worked out for me yet though

Anyone else finding Archer a bit hard to skill up without party play? However, when I do get into an LS party, I don't get skill ups because of that stupid bug, and it makes me so sad for the ammo I've used.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    Anyone else finding Archer a bit hard to skill up without party play? However, when I do get into an LS party, I don't get skill ups because of that stupid bug, and it makes me so sad for the ammo I've used.
    Yes, I only duo now because of the horrible, evil nightmare that soloing is ><

Yes, I only duo now because of the horrible, evil nightmare that soloing is ><
    I partied last night w/ ~6 people killing random stuff in Cassiopeia Hollows, the skill ups were quite pathetic for me, but it's more fun I've had in this game, than the summation of all the other time I spend online.

I'm hoping for some miracle patches from SE to get this game fixed, where are they?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    Yes, to be somewhat effective I'd suggest duoing with a healer. It's what I've been doing ever since the start but lately my CON friend has been slacking.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Yea hoping for the patches to roll out soon. Within a week or two I suspect.

As for new bows, people in my shell are making them now so I bet you'll start seeing them soon.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Bought my plumed willow shortbow for like 500k last night.
    Makes SO much of a fucking difference on accuracy, and doing like 2x the damage of a maple longbow.

Does Wide Volley/Arrow Helix/Quick Nock use more than 1 arrow?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just got a plumed willow shortbow for 190k on Figaro, keep looking seems like people are getting high enough to start making them. To bad I'm only lvl 15 archer but at least I'm ready.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You say you had your own mats, Where did you find the Yew log/lumber. I am 20 carpenter, but can't find the Log anywhere. We have a level 26 Botanist in the shell and she still hasn't come across a yew tree. Any help would be appreciated.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    You say you had your own mats, Where did you find the Yew log/lumber. I am 20 carpenter, but can't find the Log anywhere. We have a level 26 Botanist in the shell and she still hasn't come across a yew tree. Any help would be appreciated.
    I found one in a bazaar for 35k, it was expensive but I just went with it :-\ desperate times

Plumed Willow Shortbows starting to show up in Mysidia. They rock, of course.

Frankly, if you're still using the Maple longbow, you might be better off with a R6 Willow Shortbow - 8 less atk, 5 more accuracy, but it shoots a bit faster than the maple longbow. Comes down to preference I suppose, but the upgrade is much simpler to get crafted.

BY THE WAY, you should definitely get Multishot as soon as you can. How does FFXI's Barrage sound, only no cooldown, but it takes some time to set up? Sounds pretty fair I think. Also, each arrow hits individually, its not a hit-or-miss deal (I think this was misreported).

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

I was able to find a Plumed Willow Shortbow last night in a bazaar on Figaro for about 200k. The difference between this and maple bow is huge, even not being optimal rank. It fires so much faster than the longbow, and the accuracy is a huge improvement.

So I was goofing around the other day taking a break from CNJ and took up Pug and did 5 star leves on it without issue and got to 8 within about 30 minutes. Today I did arch and got murdered on a 5 star and then did a 4 star and hardly got any skill ups

QQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast