1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 18 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Archer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

I've been thinking about playing Archer but can't find anyone on my server to answer this question: putting inventory/bazaar space concerns aside, is it worth the extra gil to use higher than rank 1 arrows?

Rank 1 Warped Arrow: 2G/1, 198G/stack, 12 Attack.
    Rank 3 Bronze Arrow: 11G/1, 1089G/stack, 13 Attack.
    Rank 7 Flint Arrow: 40G/1, 3960G/stack, 15 Attack.

Sure, the higher ranked arrows have higher accuracy, but is each Bronze Arrow you shoot worth more than 5 Warped Arrows? Each Flint Arrow more than 20 Warped? I'm all for throwing gil at something if it's worth it, but is it worth it? lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yes it is. Don't play it if you're too poor... gil is worth basically nothing in this game so far anyways.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

From a gil to damage ratio, no. From a DoT sense, resounding Yes.

Fang arrows might be a good choice when they finally add a "repeat last synth" button. Though it's still annoying an HQ only gives 40 arrows instead of 66.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Use Warped when you're fighting things that go down easily (leves, farming, etc.) If you're XPing or others are relying on you to deal as much damage as possible, use whatever you can afford. That being said, while I haven't actually crunched numbers, I feel like I haven't noticed a difference when switching arrow type.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

i used bronze arrows for a bit, and while the added accuracy was nice, it wasn't worth the cost. This was also last month when i didn't have a lot of money and was lower level. As far as the other arrows go, until they have a solid market and people actually start making them in large quantities(and/or SE gives us quivers for the love of god), i would just stick with the warped arrows.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zisa Midvalley
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Or even better, a separate inventory tab for ammunition and throwing items, like they have for crystals. I'm wondering how they would change the Refill ability if quivers were implemented... using a quiver like a consumable and equipping the arrows automatically seems likely. Still, a separate inventory tab would be nice :D

I hate warped arrows. I don't know about you, but I feel they miss way too often.

And not being able to support Bronze arrows? They are 1000ish per stack. You gotta be some kind of broke to not be able to pick those up.

My biggest issue is the market for arrows is garbage - mostly because of the glue. Unless you HQ absolutely everything you are taking a loss, and even if you do it's debatable whether it was ultimately worth it judging by the vendor pricing. Course, it's the same situation from XI, it's just tougher to get the glue and the HQ is for less arrows.

That said there are some gems, like Fang arrow - very easily crafted, and animal glue. Try making those if you feel the need for upgrades.

That much of a damage difference wouldn't matter at all really. Sure the damage is SLIGHTLY lower but killspeed doesn't matter. As long as the 500 skill point cap isn't reached before mob is dead then its k

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    That said there are some gems, like Fang arrow - very easily crafted, and animal glue. Try making those if you feel the need for upgrades.
    Where do you get the fangs?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rammses View Post
    Where do you get the fangs?
    Well, this is a stretch, but bat fangs probably come from...bats.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Well, this is a stretch, but bat fangs probably come from...bats.
    'Where' was the question, not from which type of monster.

I've actually been trying to farm these to make arrows and ended up going something like 1/30-40 from big bats in caves. They allegedly drop more often from the wingrat type, but I've not seen those outside leves.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    That much of a damage difference wouldn't matter at all really. Sure the damage is SLIGHTLY lower but killspeed doesn't matter. As long as the 500 skill point cap isn't reached before mob is dead then its k
    Not to mention that you're doing the other party members a favor if you're purposely gimping your damage. FFXI's partying logic is reversed in this game.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rammses View Post
    'Where' was the question, not from which type of monster.

I've actually been trying to farm these to make arrows and ended up going something like 1/30-40 from big bats in caves. They allegedly drop more often from the wingrat type, but I've not seen those outside leves.
    Kalongs exist in R30+ dungeons; Mun-Tuy Cellars comes to mind.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Kalongs exist in R30+ dungeons; Mun-Tuy Cellars comes to mind.
    Because Kallongs are super easy to farm as a R21 Archer.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    Because Kallongs are super easy to farm as a R21 Archer.
    Because you can't make an exp party for Mun-Tuy Cellars, kill kalongs, and buy/ask for the fangs from the others in your group?

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Because you can't make an exp party for Mun-Tuy Cellars, kill kalongs, and buy/ask for the fangs from the others in your group?
    Because that's way too much of a hassle when you can just use warped arrows anyways?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
    Because that's way too much of a hassle when you can just use warped arrows anyways?
    I wasn't trying to make a value statement or put forth a position regarding arrow choice. I was answering a question.

I got mine in one of the caves with Sultan's Lantern moles. The spawns are shared by Black Bats.

But yea, fangs are your cheapest crafting option by far.

It's not the damage that's my issue, because Archer has limitless options for more of that. It's the ACCURACY that's so critical. Warped arrows are so infuriatingly inaccurate I won't use them on principal. Whiffing under Hawk's Eye is unacceptable.

To that end, you'll notice the Acc increases by arrow with leaps and bounds.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I haven't tried anything higher than Bronze, but I noticed zero difference in attack and accuracy going back and forth from warped to bronze. Maybe I need to go higher.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast